Freedom of the Seas drydock

I'm surprised they don't remove deck 8 from the Royal Promenade and replace it with inside staterooms. They could probably put 40 staterooms there. Maybe too extensive a change a one month dry dock.

Is there enough lifeboat space for 40 additional staterooms? :D I assume there are for the additional cabins that will be added.

Is there enough lifeboat space for 40 additional staterooms? :D I assume there are for the additional cabins that will be added.

I believe they put around 80 additional staterooms on Navigator without adding any lifeboats.

We got a 'yes' from both Captain Tor and the activities director, Jeremie... So, it sounds like Sabor is coming :)

Captain Tor and HM Michael Rasmussen also told people on the August 2014 sailings that DD was definitely coming so. :)

I understand things change but I have decided I will put no stock in what the Captain and staff tell people and will wait to read about all the changes to Freedom here after drydock and then experience them myself in April.

I do hope she gets Sabor.

Edited by ryano

Captain Tor and HM Michael Rasmussen also told people on the August 2014 sailings that DD was definitely coming so. :)

I understand things change but I have decided I will put no stock in what the Captain and staff tell people and will wait to read about all the changes to Freedom here after drydock and then experience them myself in April.

I do hope she gets Sabor.

RCI was seriously considering implementing DD on FR after Drydock when Captain Tor and HD Michael made the announcement on FR in August. However after a lot of considerations including structural, the company decided sometime this fall to keep the MDR on FR rather than DD. And now with DD being postponed for OA and AL and with the problems of DD implementation on QU, this seems like a good decision.

Has anyone found out how you got an invite on the Jan 30th sailing? I wonder if they plan to max out the ship or just have a select small group on the ship?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl- I was invited because I entered a contest for something else. I didn't win the contest, but they invited all who entered. They also launched a subsequent contest as well where this was the prize.

Hi Cheryl- I was invited because I entered a contest for something else. I didn't win the contest, but they invited all who entered. They also launched a subsequent contest as well where this was the prize.

What kind of contest?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

so has anyone heard if hairspray is coming or not?

I asked last week at the behind the scenes entertainment tour and was told that it was unlikely. Major modifications would have to be done to all the set props as he stage on the Oasis is much larger than the one on the Freedom. The other is sure us he lack of space available. Freedom only has room for 10 of the backdrops and with the shows that she currently has it would mean cancelling several shows to make room for the backdrops for Hairspray.

Dynamic dining will be fleet wide, don't fool yourselfs. Can't wait! Goodbye knowing your waiters names who cares. I'm thrre for a good time and to eat and I won't be stuck in a main dining room all week. They have realized they can't keep losing passengers to NCL.
Love hearing someone's "expert' opinion, when in fact it's not really an "expert opinion" at all. Sometimes folks type and post and look silly....:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Geez, Royal certainly is being tight-lipped about what's going to happen during Freedom's drydock! I'm not sailing Freedom till 2016, but still anxious to see what changes it will get.
Sailing her in April 16 doing a B2B. A ways off I know, but like yourself curious to see what changes will be implemented....K.O.:) Edited by Thetrail

We are in an Owner's Suite on the 1-10-16 sailing (yes, a long time away!) and I read earlier in this thread that rumor has it the Concierge lounge was becoming the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge was moving where the Diamond was? If this is true, doesn't it seem odd to move the suite Concierge lounge to deck 14 when all the suites are on deck 10? Curious to see what happens after the dryadic.

We are in an Owner's Suite on the 1-10-16 sailing (yes, a long time away!) and I read earlier in this thread that rumor has it the Concierge lounge was becoming the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge was moving where the Diamond was? If this is true, doesn't it seem odd to move the suite Concierge lounge to deck 14 when all the suites are on deck 10? Curious to see what happens after the dryadic.

I don't recall hearing that change

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think I read somewhere about the possible addition of a Coastal Kitchen. Maybe that and a Suite Lounge could be replacing the DL? Just speculation.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I have heard that the CL will move to the DL Space and the Card Room will be converted into a new DL but anything can happen during Dry dock. I think the present CL may become a stateroom. However, this was a few months ago and there have been lots of changes about what they are going to do during FR's dry dock.

Sailing for the first time ever this March on FOS. DH and I have booked a grand suite and are very eager to hear about any updates made to the CL and suites. Do these spaces typically get refreshed during dry dock or is the focus mainly common areas?

It will all depend on what needs to be done!

If we are really lucky, Dry Dock Dave will be able to take time from his busy schedule to post pictures for us as the dry dock moves along like he did last year on Navigator!

The most important thing is to get those mechanical problems fixed!