Country Music

I might suggest to load a whole bunch of songs/albums on her phone or ipad/epad and if one of those units are wireless get a wireless speaker and you can have your own stuff in your room while getting ready! If you have head phones listen in the solarium.

There was way too much country music on Voyager when it was in Galveston!:eek:

We love our country music here, Bob. :)

OP, on Navigator in February, there was plenty of country music! But there was lots of other music too, something for everyone.

Now if we could just get them to understand that we Texans need our Dr Pepper onboard!!! :D

Edited by crazy4themouse
Boneheaded typos :-p

OP, on Navigator in February, there was plenty of country music! But there was lots of other music too, something for everyone.

Now if we could just get them to understand that we Texans need our Dr Pepper onboard!!! :D

On Voyager, they played country music exclusively, 24 hours, on the Royal Promenade. Maybe Navigator will have more variety?

Exactly! What's up w/ No Dr. Pepper :) I live in Tennessee now, but of course once a Texan - always a Texas :)

DH absolutely loves country music, the new stuff is okay but he really gets into clasic country stuff. Merle Haggard, Waylon, Glen Campbell etc... So it sounds like he will be happy. I on the other hand, like variety in my musical enjoyment I like most genres well maybe not rap . So if the Navigator has variety then we both will be pleased.

Probably tailoring to local taste, but when we went on Navigator out of Galveston, the "house band" that plays in the centrum and other points around the ship was The Bubba Feathers Band. I don't know country music, but apparently this was some sort of big deal.

There is still Caribbean music by the pool and the other usual stuff.

I'm glad you posted this question. We're doing the Navigator of the Seas cruise in September and I was wondering what kind of music was played in the nightclub areas. On the infomercials all you see is people dancing really badly to disco. LOL My wife and I much prefer to dance really badly to the tune of a two-step or progressive.

Here's who is on our cruise leaving on Sunday as an example. I don't know if they normally list the band like Bubba Feathers when they send out these emails.

Also featured onboard the Navigator of the Seas:

-Rick Corso, Comedian

-Billy Prudhomme, Juggler

-Tribute to the Temptations, Tribute Act

-John Joseph & Johnny B, Comedy Variety

-Rick Starr, Comedian

-PAPA T, Pub Guitarist

-Phil Anderson, Schooner Bar Entertainer

Here's who is on our cruise leaving on Sunday as an example. I don't know if they normally list the band like Bubba Feathers when they send out these emails.

Also featured onboard the Navigator of the Seas:

-Rick Corso, Comedian

-Billy Prudhomme, Juggler

-Tribute to the Temptations, Tribute Act

-John Joseph & Johnny B, Comedy Variety

-Rick Starr, Comedian

-PAPA T, Pub Guitarist

-Phil Anderson, Schooner Bar Entertainer

I like a good variety of music on the ship, that way whatever I am in the mood for I seek out. I saw the Tribute to the Temptations on the Freedom last year and, if it is the same band, they were fantastic. They had everyone in the theater on their feet dancing.

Sometimes in the Schooner Bar, the pianist will play country if you request it.

I also think there are themed country cruises. I'd love that.

I love my country music too. ;) I take mine along on my iPod.

Gwen :)

I take my iPod as well. Some of the ships have iPod docks/speakers in the cabins. Maybe they all do by now, I'm not sure, but I'll bet Bob knows...

My son, a musician, and I both loved the Bubba Feathers Band back in early March. They play rock as well as country. Glad to hear they have returned to NOS as we board her again Sept. 7 for two weeks. There was plenty of other music as well for our 4 NOS cruises this spring.

In full vacation distraction mode a few days out with more attention on cc than my job duties...

Went to Bubba Feathers Band website and saw this:

APPEARING ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S

"NAVITGATOR OF THE SEAS" BEGINNING AUGUST 3RD

we are all different and have different taste in music. I love the old country music and hate loud head banging music. for my taste, that stuff really, really sucks. remember---this my taste and I know it is not for everyone. :):):)

The canned music in the Royal Promenade is all country. The live music has a lot of variety including country. I never heard country in the nightclub but then we didn't spend much time there.

And BTW - you can get canned Dr. Pepper and Diet DP at the Promenade Bar and in June it was also in the Pub. Just ask! They don't advertise it.

If you do not take the time to settle down in the Schooner bar with Phil, you are missing a great evening

That's for sure :-) next week, we will be there every night except maybe his night off!

We've already told the kids to look there first if they need to find us after dinner ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk