Keeping track of charges while on cruise?

metsmom

I have read a few comments that some people's final bill at the end of the cruise have over charges on them and they had to call Princess to get his adjusted. When we cruise on the Grand next week to Alaska I know we use our cruise card to charge everything but is there a running tab that you can view day to day to keep track that your charges are correct? Is this on the TV or is there a slip under your door or something daily? Do you get a paper receipt for anything you put on the card to compare with your bill? I know you experienced Princess travelers will know the answer to this one! Thanks!:)

I have read a few comments that some people's final bill at the end of the cruise have over charges on them and they had to call Princess to get his adjusted. When we cruise on the Grand next week to Alaska I know we use our cruise card to charge everything but is there a running tab that you can view day to day to keep track that your charges are correct? Is this on the TV or is there a slip under your door or something daily? Do you get a paper receipt for anything you put on the card to compare with your bill? I know you experienced Princess travelers will know the answer to this one! Thanks!:)
There will be one or two kiosks near the Passenger Services Desk. Swipe your cruise card and you will get a print out of your charges to date.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Whenever you buy something, you'll get a receipt. I always put those in a drawer just in case I need to refer to them later...

If the cruise is 2 weeks, check at the mid-point. If shorter, check the second last night or even night before. The last night is BUSY with those closing out accounts and it is a bit late to get the ship to reverse an errant charge. They can adjust a charge but need time.

Of course, this is for checking if the charges are your own. It is not a way to keep your expenses under control if you are the type to over buy compared to your budget.

Have fun and save your receipts.

M

Ok I can check to be sure, thats fine but I thought someone had said a while back that you could view your bill from the TV in your cabin but maybe that's not the case, just wanted to know how you go about viewing the bill.

Edited by metsmom

Ok I can check to be sure, thats fine but I thought someone had said a while back that you could view your bill from the TV in your cabin but maybe that's not the case, just wanted to know how you go about viewing the bill.

Not on the Grand. You would have to go to the passenger services desk.

If you do find a mistake, and it does happen occasionally, make sure you get it taken care of before you leave the ship. Don't let them persuade you to have it taken care of when you get home.

It's also a good idea to check your credit card statement after Princess charges you. One of my clients final bill was $2086 and they were charged $3970 in error. We just got this resolved today (their cruise was 3 weeks ago).

The same thing happened to DH and I on a Carnival cruise several years ago. I have learned to check and double check the statements before and after leaving the ship.

It's also a good idea to check your credit card statement after Princess charges you. One of my clients final bill was $2086 and they were charged $3970 in error. We just got this resolved today (their cruise was 3 weeks ago).

The same thing happened to DH and I on a Carnival cruise several years ago. I have learned to check and double check the statements before and after leaving the ship.

Wow, that's a big bill!

As said, not on the Grand. The only ships with in-cabin folio checking are the Royal and Regal which have an Intranet system for your smartphone where you can check your folio, Patter and events, dining times, deck plans, etc.

Wow, that's a big bill!

Yeah, it was kind of high, but it was a 7 night cruise for 6 people (one teen and five adults - parents and college aged kids). Excursions, drink packages, shopping, BINGO, etc all add up quickly with that many people.

Not on the Grand. You would have to go to the passenger services desk.

No reason to stand in line at the desk unless you have an issue. As stated earlier, just swipe your card in one of the little machines near the desk and you'll have your statement in a few seconds. If there are two of you in the cabin, you'll have the option to print both statements. Very handy!

There will be one or two kiosks near the Passenger Services Desk. Swipe your cruise card and you will get a print out of your charges to date.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A caution--be sure you are signed out before leaving the kiosk. One time the kiosk ran out of paper, and it locked up with my account showing. I couldn't get it to sign me out, and we had to get someone from Passenger Services to open it and reset it.

We also check our folio on the first day to be certain that the charges are going to the correct credit card(s). DH and I both have credit cards that give us air miles, and we try to keep our mileage totals equal. On two different cruises they automatically put all of the charges on his card even though we registered each of our cards on our Cruise Personalizer info.

I always check my folio the first day as well to make sure my OBC is correct.

And it often pays to have written confirmation of those OBCs. Or any other perks you may have reicieved from promotions or from a travel agent.

Two separate people charged to my account and husband's lots of drinks on first day of cruise. Reported to Front Desk, they found the receipts but said they had to have Bar manager correct it. It was very obvious not our charges different names on signatures. Every day I went to Desk, not corrected.by day four,I was really getting mad. Now spoke to Manager at Front Desk and she took it off. Bar department was not responding to the error.Glad we didn't wait till last day to check bill.This was February on the Emerald.When you order drinks, your folio number is written down and you sign receipt. It is so easy for bar staff to reverse numbers by accident.

Last day of cruise in the evening there are always huge lines with people

having billing issues. Don't wait to check your bill.

I check every few days.

Princess does a great job with billing but errors still can be made.

No reason to stand in line at the desk unless you have an issue. As stated earlier, just swipe your card in one of the little machines near the desk and you'll have your statement in a few seconds. If there are two of you in the cabin, you'll have the option to print both statements. Very handy!

Yes its near the desk. :p

Sometimes the incorrect charges don't get posted until late. I just got off the CB this morning. Our final statement delivered to our cabin had two wrong charges. Fortunately there was not much of a line at passenger services. It did take about 10 minutes for the woman I spoke with to say she found the credit. She said it would not post the correction until this afternoon before the charge goes through. I made her write the correction on my final statement to have in case it doesn't.

Sometimes the incorrect charges don't get posted until late. I just got off the CB this morning. Our final statement delivered to our cabin had two wrong charges. Fortunately there was not much of a line at passenger services. It did take about 10 minutes for the woman I spoke with to say she found the credit. She said it would not post the correction until this afternoon before the charge goes through. I made her write the correction on my final statement to have in case it doesn't.

Good point. Have a safe trip home. :)

I was at the passenger service desk one day and the person next to me was refuting a charge. The agent went in to the office and came out with a stack of receipts about a foot high and was going through them one by one looking for the receipt of the charge in question. So Princess does save all those receipt from the bars, etc. Now if they would only go electronic could save a lot of trees.