cabana wait list...

What has been your experience with being wait listed for a cabana? We're on the Oasis 8/16/14 . In a GS and were told by the concierge we were put on a wait list. We have never had a cabana before and were really looking forward to it.

On line I can't book any. What's the difference in location and the different kinds? We've only been to Labadee once in I think 06'. Thank you for any help!

Same structures and location options (over water, hilltop, beach) but different beaches. Nellies Beach is the next beach inland adjacent to Barefoot Beach, but is open to all and not exclusive to Suite guests as is Barefoot Beach. As a GS guest, if you have a Cabana at Nellies, you will still have access to Barefoot from Nellies for the lunch buffet or as desired.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On line I can't book any. What's the difference in location and the different kinds? We've only been to Labadee once in I think 06'. Thank you for any help!

That's too bad. Too close to the cruise I guess. If your cabana does not come through, I'd still go to Barefoot Beach. Less crowded and an upgraded buffet.

What has been your experience with being wait listed for a cabana? We're on the Oasis 8/16/14 . In a GS and were told by the concierge we were put on a wait list. We have never had a cabana before and were really looking forward to it.

So sorry you didn't know you could have probably reserved a Barefoot Beach Cabana a few months ago by sending an email request to either one of the Concierge's ...

At this late date make sure the concierge books one at least for Nellie's and keeps you on the Barefoot waitlist...maybe luck will be on your side...if not...agree use the suite beach there..it's one of your perks with a GS cabin catagory.

Enjoy Labadee.

I got another e-mail from the concierge. Said he can reserve a hill top cabana and if something else opens up he will move our reservation. Now I'm trying to find pictures of the hill top cabanas to see where they are located. He didn't say which beach.

I got another e-mail from the concierge. Said he can reserve a hill top cabana and if something else opens up he will move our reservation. Now I'm trying to find pictures of the hill top cabanas to see where they are located. He didn't say which beach.

We've had H5 on Barefoot..great views..and very private and it was the last cabana on top of the hill...it used to a dead end there but now I believe the walkway is open to Nellie's Beach at that point....too bad. Regardless a great location.

Not that it would really help now for you but in the future it may help. I just booked an over the water at Nellies beach a few weeks ago and my cruise is not until October of 2015. They sell out fast so you have to be quick on the draw with them.

Bob

What's the ideal timeframe to email the concierge? We have an OS on our next cruise, 59 days out. Is it too early to request a Barefoot cabana? We got one last October but I'll be darned if I can remember how far in advance we emailed to request it.

Ruth

Bob

What's the ideal timeframe to email the concierge? We have an OS on our next cruise, 59 days out. Is it too early to request a Barefoot cabana? We got one last October but I'll be darned if I can remember how far in advance we emailed to request it.

Ruth

I'm not Bob..but I can tell you what has worked for me....I have emailed the Concierge anywhere from 1-3 months out...depending on which ship and whether it's high season/holiday or not...many factors to consider..also it helps to be working with one of the more detail oriented concierge's....not all are.

I have friends who booked a GS. Is the cabana free for them? And if so could we go with them if we have a regularly balcony cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No the cabana's aren't free they're priced by location.

If your friends have a booked cabana you will be able to come as their guest but it must be arranged with the concierge onboard.

We way prefer the hilltop cabanas because of the privacy and shade they offer. Take it and if you want an over the water and it comes available, then change. We cruise the Freedom and the concierge will NOT take reservations for the cabana's until one week before the cruise. I guess the Oasis is different. I'm sure you will enjoy barefoot beach whatever you choose to do.

PS Cabana's are not free no matter what Suite you book.

Bob

Ruth

I would email the Concierge now and ask them when is the best time to request a cabana.

I posted a picture here, you can see the Hilltop Cabanas at Barefoot Beach here, they are the ones a little higher in the picture and they keep going around to the left in the picture.

The 2 at the very far right edge (below the bell tower) are Nellies Beach hilltop cabanas tho, so you wouldn't get those.

IMG_1329.JPG

The concierges have a lot to juggle, I'm thinking -- We ended up in a standard cabana (S3) on Barefoot that day, but we wanted a beach front.

(Feel free to stop by and say hello!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Llmtax2000

This is our first cruise. Can anyone book a Cabana or do you have to be in a GS? :o

Thanks!

The cabanas first go to GS and above, anything left over, anyone can book them. The best thing to do is when you board the ship go to the Exploration desk and ask them and you can be put on a waiting list.

This is our first cruise. Can anyone book a Cabana or do you have to be in a GS? :o

Thanks!

If you are referring to Labadee cabanas, anyone can reserve the cabanas at Nellie's Beach in advance using Royal's website.