El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Whoop whoop just got my cabin allocation for the 2 nighter Brisbane to Sydney on the Diamond and I've gone from obstructed view guarantee to a Balcony on the Lido Deck .. Not bad for $249ea. On a less happy outcome I rang Princess to see if it was possible to stay on the Ship and do just the Sydney back to Brissy section as the Diamond leaves Australia ..and the very helpful gentleman did a dummy booking to find out yes I could do it but it would cost $800+ pp for the lowest cabin for the 3 nights ..so wonderful it could be done shame the expense makes it not an option ..still I have a Balcony , first time ever :D

Excellent, what a bargain, have fun.:D

Whoop whoop just got my cabin allocation for the 2 nighter Brisbane to Sydney on the Diamond and I've gone from obstructed view guarantee to a Balcony on the Lido Deck .. Not bad for $249ea. On a less happy outcome I rang Princess to see if it was possible to stay on the Ship and do just the Sydney back to Brissy section as the Diamond leaves Australia ..and the very helpful gentleman did a dummy booking to find out yes I could do it but it would cost $800+ pp for the lowest cabin for the 3 nights ..so wonderful it could be done shame the expense makes it not an option ..still I have a Balcony , first time ever :D

Congratulations, that's wonderful. :)

This is starting to get into the cheap cheap bracket

Ship Name: Dawn Princess

Cruise Code: D514

Departure Date: Monday, 25 May 2015

Cruise Name: Singapore to Fremantle

Nights: 12

Departing: Singapore, Singapore

Inside from $1077 pp (solo $2153)

Oceanview from $1371 pp

Balcony from $1665 pp

Rhapsody of the seas is back showing $817 for an inside.

departs april 17th sydney to singapore.

l love cruising out of oz.;);)

I had a look and this price is no longer showing. Seems to be a lot of higher category inside cabins left.

Tara did you get your cabin allocation?

Got a good offer this morning on Princess [Dawn I think] circumnavigate Aus, 27 Feb, 28 Nights. Balcony $3,600.00 that's about $125 a night for a Balcony.

If only we didn't have to work!

Just checked it was Diamond, not Dawn

Interior from $2509 That's about $90 a night

Balcony from $3449

Yes Esilef we scored 2607 down in the bowels of the ship but when inside it makes no difference and happy with location near mid ship. Any cabin is fine by me as long as I am cruising I dont mind where I sleep. Our adelaide friends who also booke guarantt later on the day we booked have their allocation too and its only about 8 down from us, very pleased about that. Could have been anywhere on the ship. We once sailed with sister we were deck 9 back of ship she was deck 2 front of ship but no big deal.

Looking forward to seeing you on board, will look out for a very excited little man with hopefully a not too stressed out mum.

there will b lots of granparents suffering from grandchild withdrawals who will enjoy your and williams company.

Yes Esilef we scored 2607 down in the bowels of the ship but when inside it makes no difference and happy with location near mid ship. Any cabin is fine by me as long as I am cruising I dont mind where I sleep. Our adelaide friends who also booke guarantt later on the day we booked have their allocation too and its only about 8 down from us, very pleased about that. Could have been anywhere on the ship. We once sailed with sister we were deck 9 back of ship she was deck 2 front of ship but no big deal.

Looking forward to seeing you on board, will look out for a very excited little man with hopefully a not too stressed out mum.

there will b lots of granparents suffering from grandchild withdrawals who will enjoy your and williams company.

You are right near us. We are in 2105 and your cabin is in the row across. Hope you can't hear William having a meltdown. Hope all the grandparents will understand his behaviour.

Looking forward to a chat

Couple of last minute deals:

16 March 15 - Sydney to Freemantle, 16 nights, Voyager of the Seas, $889 inside twin

1 April 15 - Freemantle to Singapore, 14 nights, Voyager of the Seas, $839 inside twin

Theses are great specials.... Anyone anyone

16 March 15 - Sydney to Freemantle, 16 nights, Voyager of the Seas, $889 inside twin

1 April 15 - Freemantle to Singapore, 14 nights, Voyager of the Seas, $839 inside twin

Where? I looked at Royal Caribbean's site plus a couple travel agents I've used the past few years, I'm not seeing those prices. Interested in the 16 March cruise.

Sydney to Fremantle has dropped to $866.

It'd be cheaper to book our baby in a room all by himself! Except they won't allow that, there has to be at least one adult. Argh.

I'm going to assume I can't post a "cruise partner needed", so I'm gonna be calling everyone I know (and maybe a few I don't) and see if anyone wants a cheap room to themselves.

It'd be cheaper to book our baby in a room all by himself! Except they won't allow that, there has to be at least one adult. Argh.

I'm going to assume I can't post a "cruise partner needed", so I'm gonna be calling everyone I know (and maybe a few I don't) and see if anyone wants a cheap room to themselves.

Book the two rooms, one for you and the bub and the other for your partner.:D

Book the two rooms, one for you and the bub and the other for your partner.:D

We have three kids. That'd leave one without a parent.

I wonder what would happen if we booked the third room with an adult that may or may not show up (can't get hold of my mom; sent an email offering a free cruise if she paid for airfare, but flights from Tennessee ain't cheap). Would Royal Caribbean deny boarding? Or just give a wink and say "as long as baby stays in a cot/playpen in one of the other two rooms, you're fine."

Unfortunately I don't think it matters. They don't have the cheap price. I called the agencies that do, but they won't book a third person (regardless of age) in a two-person cabin.

Bugger. Could you take another family member with you? They could then have their own cabin?

It seems to be cheaper to cruise with 2 people rather than 3. I'm leaving my husband to do his own thing & taking my son.

Bugger. Could you take another family member with you? They could then have their own cabin?

It seems to be cheaper to cruise with 2 people rather than 3. I'm leaving my husband to do his own thing & taking my son.

Family lives in the US. A free cruise for them will still cost about $2k.

On the phone with mom, having to walk her through AGI, MAGI, ACA subsidies, etc. This may take a while.