El Cheapo Cruises Thread

[quote name='wagtail_syd']Just received an email from Carnival...$500 OBC per stateroom for returning cruisers. Can't be booked online direct through Carnival, you have to call their customer service or go through your TA.

I'm looking at a cruise for May next year but it is still pretty pricy, even taking into account the additional OBC. I'm hoping the price will come down as it gets closer. Do they all end up getting cheaper in the 72 hour sale or should I buy now? At the moment it is still $1500 for 12 nights. We'll have 5 of us in 2 cabins so $1000 OBC for $7500 in fares. Hoping there is still a better deal to be had.[/QUOTE]

I had already been quoted from travel agent for 10 night South Pacific cruise for November with $200 OBC. I called carnival and the were more expensive even when $400 OBC given. I called my travel agent and gave promo code and got the $400 OBC x 2 cabins and being $500 cheaper than carnival.

Royal Carrib email BOGO offers on Asia cruises!

Book now and enjoy our Buy One get One up to 50% offer on select Asia cruises including 10 night Perth & Southeast Asia cruise onboard Explorer of the Seas departing 3 November 2015 where you pay $1,099* and your companion sails from just $549.50*!

I would be very tempted by some of these but the dates don't work for me due to previous cruise commitments LOL Edited by to_dee

Ship Name: Legend Of The Seas Cruise Code: LG18FEB16 Departure Date: Thursday, 18 February 2016 Cruise Name: South Pacific Nights: 8 Departing: Brisbane - Australia
From $694 pp inside

Stops: Vila, Mystery Island, Noumea.

Wow. I got an email for 14 night cruises on PO Oceana out of Venice $869 per person (solo $1399) inside cabin.

Cruise I have booked leaves 23 September 2015.

Other dates at that price are 7 October 2015 which is $839 per person. Even cheaper than mine! They have other dates but they start at $1069 per person and go upwards.

Just got an email/newsletter with last minute Flash Fares for Sun Princess 35 day Round Pacific cruise 14th July 2015. Anyone interested should phone the TA or Princess today. Deal is full payment on booking. Still a pricey cruise due to the number of days.

Explorer of the Sea's April 23 2016 24 nights Sydney to Seattle

Lots of sea days, includes 2 days Fiji and 2 days Lahaina

Keenly priced for an inside at $1668pp including tips or $1342pp without !!!!!

Through an online travel site, we were able to get this one (taxes and tips extra but with $200 OBC) for $1049pp USD :D

AND we picked up the preceding 11 night New Zealand cruise (taxes and tips extra but with $150 OBC) for $618pp USD :cool:

35 nights with Diamond perks for under 50pp/day...I can't live at home for those prices!

The only difficulty is getting a reasonably priced flight. A one way flight can be just as expensive as a return.

For us Yanks, Choice Air has flights from LAX to Sydney on Air New Zealand for $750pp USD.

I don't know if Aussies can get similar prices going back...

Edited by teecee60

Through an online travel site, we were able to get this one (taxes and tips extra but with $200 OBC) for $1049pp USD :D

AND we picked up the preceding 11 night New Zealand cruise (taxes and tips extra but with $150 OBC) for $618pp USD :cool:

35 nights with Diamond perks for under 50pp/day...I can't live at home for those prices!

For us Yanks, Choice Air has flights from LAX to Sydney on Air New Zealand for $750pp USD.

I don't know if Aussies can get similar prices going back...

Does the pricing your quoting include ports and taxes charges. Because you need to include them when comparing against Australian prices as ares are all inclusive.

Just go to Air NZ website. They have similar pricing.

Edited by icat2000

Does the pricing your quoting include ports and taxes charges. Because you need to include them when comparing against Australian prices as ares are all inclusive.

Just go to Air NZ website. They have similar pricing.

They wrote they didn't include those charges.

I didn't convert, but it looks like the fare quoted would have been similarly priced in both markets.

Wow. I got an email for 14 night cruises on PO Oceana out of Venice $869 per person (solo $1399) inside cabin.

Cruise I have booked leaves 23 September 2015.

Other dates at that price are 7 October 2015 which is $839 per person. Even cheaper than mine! They have other dates but they start at $1069 per person and go upwards.

Thank you Sarah. I have booked that cruise, as I've always wanted to sail into and sail out of Venice.

Thank you Sarah. I have booked that cruise, as I've always wanted to sail into and sail out of Venice.

Wooo hoo. It was sooo cheap. I couldn't believe the price. I only cruise PO UK on the Acardia but I believe the Oceana was orginally the Ocean Princess and a sister ship to the Sea Princess.

I have to fly from New York to Venice after my TA to get the ship.

Edited by icat2000

I really hope you get to sail along the Grand Canal. There was talk of them stopping it.

Only for ships over a certan size, I was told (I think I was told 90,000 T but may be miss-remembering),

Diamond Princess 8 nights around Japan, leaving 26th July.

Inside 497 outside 85 more.

cruise 500 each, flights 725 each, rail pass 300 each and extra 10 nights in japan 500 each. plus a bit of spending money.

great way to celebrate turning 60.

I really hope you get to sail along the Grand Canal. There was talk of them stopping it.

Seems Oceana sails back and forth between Venice and Genoa all summer. This 14 day cruise is a b2b of two 7 day cruises.

I suspect this ship was selected because its size allows it to sail along the Grand Canal.

Seems Oceana sails back and forth between Venice and Genoa all summer. This 14 day cruise is a b2b of two 7 day cruises.

I suspect this ship was selected because its size allows it to sail along the Grand Canal.

Just a small correction.....The Grand Canal is the main canal that runs through Venice itself and is shaped like reverse S. The Rialto Bridge crosses it. Cruise ship do not ,and could not sail the Grand Canal.

I know where you mean but I am not sure what that main stretch of water is called that the cruise ships sail .......just make sure you are up on deck to get one of the best views in the world.:)

Just a small correction.....The Grand Canal is the main canal that runs through Venice itself and is shaped like reverse S. The Rialto Bridge crosses it. Cruise ship do not ,and could not sail the Grand Canal.

I know where you mean but I am not sure what that main stretch of water is called that the cruise ships sail .......just make sure you are up on deck to get one of the best views in the world.:)

Oops -seen some fabulous photos taken from the top deck of a cruise ship,as it sailed into Venice. Delighted to learn that the ship sails in in the middle the day. Although I would have gotten up whatever time it was due to sail in.

Just found on Cunard site Med. 14n cruises QV 27June, 3rd July, 18 July, 25th July. Prices are from and include taxes, port charges.

Inside $A979, outside $A1099 Balcony $A1269, Princess Grill $A2008, Queens Grill $A2429

Never seen such value but how to get there? Flights are insane expensive.

Just found on Cunard site Med. 14n cruises QV 27June, 3rd July, 18 July, 25th July. Prices are from and include taxes, port charges.

Inside $A979, outside $A1099 Balcony $A1269, Princess Grill $A2008, Queens Grill $A2429

I'm seeing flights $1877 return to London on Emirates. For out of MEL leaving 16 July returning 2 August.

Doesn't look that bad to me.

Check around the agents. There are some fantastic fly cruise and stay deals on Queen Victoria from Istanbul. They must be having trouble filling it.