El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Good source! One of the few rumours which actually turned out to be true. :)

But surely it will only be a smoke screen, the cruise cost plus grats = total = still paying full amount .

Edited by 6666oz

But surely it will only be a smoke screen, the cruise cost plus grats = total = still paying full amount .

No I think it will be cruise cost plus grats minus the share of grats from those who removed them but are now paying the service charge = cruise cost.

So for us the total cost will at worst be the same and at best be a bit less.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Forums mobile app

12 nights aboard the Diamond Princess

Departing Singapore on 27 December 2016

Singapore Marina Bay > Benoa/Bali > Lombok > Penang > Phuket > Langkawi > Port Kelang > Singapore Marina Bay

Inside Cabin pricing $599 per person, twin share

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is needing international flights in 2017 to match up with a cruise, now might be a good time to book with all the boxing day sales. I have had quite a few deals arrive in my inbox including flights to the USA and Europe for around $1000 each. I think most of the deals I saw were for flights up until around late May 2017 and on major airlines.

There are some great deals out there but it appears RCI 5 day Boxing day sale doesn't have any of them. The sale that is not a sale.:(

Combination of the falling $A and included gratuities? Maybe cruises are selling well enough not to heavily discount fares. Which is sad for those cruisers sweating off on a last minute bargain.

Combination of the falling $A and included gratuities? Maybe cruises are selling well enough not to heavily discount fares. Which is sad for those cruisers sweating off on a last minute bargain.

I suspect you are right with both those reasons as well as the prices going up just to try and catch the unwary cruiser getting caught in the boxing day sales hype.

email this morning about a cruise 1st deal - 1 day sale : Syd to Auckland 30 Jan that includes return airfare for $479 (4 nights 'comedy' cruise)..... on the Pacific Pearl... obstructed view twin room

good deal - although P&O forgot to mention last year (as with THIS trip !) that its also the NRL AUCKLAND NINES on that weekend.... so accommodation for those that wish to stay in Auckland will find it extremely expensive !!!

(no details on flight back)

We did this last year - it was OK... spent day in Auckland .. but there was a massive anti-TPP protest march on in the city, which screwed up airport buses !!!

Edited by shireboi

email this morning about a cruise 1st deal - 1 day sale : Syd to Auckland 30 Jan that includes return airfare for $479 (4 nights 'comedy' cruise)..... on the Pacific Pearl... obstructed view twin room

good deal - although P&O forgot to mention last year (as with THIS trip !) that its also the NRL AUCKLAND NINES on that weekend.... so accommodation for those that wish to stay in Auckland will find it extremely expensive !!!

(no details on flight back)

We did this last year - it was OK... spent day in Auckland .. but there was a massive anti-TPP protest march on in the city, which screwed up airport buses !!!

I saw that but noted that it could be extended to have a night in Auckland for an extra $90 per person twin share.

Very last minute but extremely good price considering it also includes gratuities.

If you love CRUISING and want TO GO - be quick.

Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas - Balcony $1753pp

9 Jan 17 - 14 nights - Sydney > Bay of Islands > Tauranga > Auckland > Wellington > Picton, NZ > Dunedin > Dusky Sound > Doubtful Sound > Milford Sound > Sydney

Twin share guarantee virtual balcony interior $1253pp

Twin share guarantee oceanview $1453pp

Twin share guarantee balcony $1753pp

Includes all meals, taxes, service charges & entertainment

Edited by datone

Very last minute but extremely good price considering it also includes gratuities.

If you love CRUISING and want TO GO - be quick.

Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas - Balcony $1753pp

9 Jan 17 - 14 nights - Sydney > Bay of Islands > Tauranga > Auckland >

have the time - and would LOVE TO DO THIS- now just need to 'find' how to grab this deal ~~~

(and have to arrange NZ mate to catch up in Tauranga - about an hour from Te Ahora)

Edited by shireboi

have the time - and would LOVE TO DO THIS- now just need to 'find' how to grab this deal ~~~

(and have to arrange NZ mate to catch up in Tauranga - about an hour from Te Ahora)

It's on the RC website, go into cabin selection and you will see the cheaper prices.

It's on the RC website, go into cabin selection and you will see the cheaper prices.

cheers (I was looking @ the 'price' and not realising that it was for 2 .....I can't blame being asleep as I've been awake since 4.45am !! )

(* interesting that in this 'deal' that list gratuties as an extra inclusion - Pre-paid gratuities - 491.54 AUD (245.77 / person))

Edited by shireboi

Last minute deal for Ovation of the Seas.

Departs Sydney 9 January (next Monday!!)

14 days around New Zealand.

Interior with virtual balcony - $1253 per person (first time I have seen any cruise on OTS under $100 per day per person)

Obstructed view balcony cabin - $1753 per person.

Up to $400 OBC, depending on category booked (nothing came up on the above categories when I checked).

On that great Oz website.

Happy cruising!!!

Edited by Fletch1

Definitely sold out several days ago (and the OBC would be stray text from older cruise data - as per a lot of their other RC deals) we scored no OBC when we booked on 31 Dec.....3 days to go !!!!

Edited by shireboi

Definitely sold out several days ago (and the OBC would be stray text from older cruise data - as per a lot of their other RC deals) we scored no OBC when we booked on 31 Dec.....3 days to go !!!!

Yep....just checked and the deal has now gone.