El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Cunard is having 2-for-1 sale...two people for the price of one on about 30 2017 World Cruise Segments if anyone is interested. Dang! If we didn't already have plans, we would have to go for it!

Yes indeed, just seen that 2 for 1 on Cunard site, but it is off the brochure prices which are pretty steep.

We booked our QM2 voyage - Sydney to HK - 2 March 2018 on promo price a few months ago, booked inside and got free upgrade to balcony @AU$3200 pptws plus US$200 OBC, plus I got US$250 military OBC.. So working it out the promo price was about the same as the 2 for 1 deal offered now. Pretty sharp those cruise companies. Anyway the 2 for 1 deal is still pretty good. Must be lot of Brits not doing the full 'worldie', thus freeing up a lot of cabins.

Edited by NSWP

Balcony specials on Ovation of the Seas 15 nt "charter" cruise Singapore to Sydney 30 November 2016..... starting from Cat X Balcony Gty $1940 pp...not bad value:D .. exclusive deal .....:D:D

Edited by badgerbill

Balcony specials on Ovation of the Seas 15 nt "charter" cruise Singapore to Sydney 30 November 2016..... starting from Cat X Balcony Gty $1940 pp...not bad value:D .. exclusive deal .....:D:D

I saw this one too and emailed a few friends. It also has the 3rd and 4th person for only $299 extra per person.

Do you guys think the Pacific Eden fares for an April cruise will drop in a few months time? Currently they're offering 10% off listed price on Kogan - do you think prices will drop further? 10% off is not "El Cheapo" worthy methinks!

It might. PO Australia are always having specials. There are a lot of ships down under at the moment.

Do you guys think the Pacific Eden fares for an April cruise will drop in a few months time? Currently they're offering 10% off listed price on Kogan - do you think prices will drop further? 10% off is not "El Cheapo" worthy methinks!

They might not be as cheap in April as there will be school holidays then. One of the reasons for cheap fares now is that is the lead up to our main holiday break when people normally holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Deals are now being done on Sea Princess Round South America Cruise sectors . Just got a newsletter offering a fly /cruise to Buenos Aries ex Auckland return , and when I checked further they are also offering other sectors as well.

They will probably be doing the same for Australians .:D

Just saw the following on an Oz online TA site:

Voyager of the Seas

12 nights 31/1/17

South Pacific ex Sydney

Inside Guarantee $888/person

Received in reply to my query re balcony discounts:

'Thank you for your enquiry.

I can see that there is a separate promotion available for a crown and anchor balcony discount however this is not combinable with the current promotion for Voyager of the Seas departing 31 January 2017. '

Also found:

10 November 2016

10 Nights

Explorer Of The Seas

Twin From $701 pp Interior GTY

20 November 2016

9 Nights

Explorer Of The Seas

Twin From $718 pp Interior GTY