El Cheapo Cruises Thread

33 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Just got a pack and go offer

22 Nov 2018

HAL Noordam 30 nights

Tas, SA, Qld, PNG

inside from just under $3,000, balcony a touch under $4,000.

This one looks great. If only work & Christmas preparations didn't get in the way.

4 minutes ago, voluntr57 said:

This one looks great. If only work & Christmas preparations didn't get in the way.

And the price is right too a couple of Overnights, Hobart and Adelaide, though both you arrive latish day 1.

41AA1749-9C1D-4A53-A55A-5BBBA4175FC3.jpeg

58 minutes ago, ninjacat8 said:

what ship please, looks like a really interesting itinerary 

43 minutes ago, ninjacat8 said:

Found it on Clean, amazing ritinerary

NCL Spirit. - $7399.

*Exotic Expedition, Seychelles with Safari*

1st March 2020 for 27 Nights
Norwegian Spirit ship information
Visiting: Dubai > Abu Dhabi > Fujairah > Muscat > Port Victoria, Seychelles > Nosy Be, Madagascar > Port Louis > Pointe des Galets > Richard's Bay > Port Elizabeth, South Africa > Johannesburg > Kruger National Park

I just booked directly with Carnival Australia 10 nights on Carnival Legend going to NZ (South Island) out of Melbourne.

Guaranteed Balcony $1199 pp

They also had inside $849 pp or Oceanview $1049 pp (Guaranteed) 

Full payment required at booking and I believe deal ends tonight. It was their 72 hour sale. It thought it was good value no flight required for us. 

Its with lots of sites. But I didn't book directly with any cruising site as the deal was ending today so booked directly with Carnival Cruises so I guaranteed I got the price straight away. Sometimes those other cruise sites you have to wait for them to confirm your booking and in the meantime cabins can be sold. Been caught out before . . . 

14 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I just booked directly with Carnival Australia 10 nights on Carnival Legend going to NZ (South Island) out of Melbourne.

Guaranteed Balcony $1199 pp

They also had inside $849 pp or Oceanview $1049 pp (Guaranteed) 

Full payment required at booking and I believe deal ends tonight. It was their 72 hour sale. It thought it was good value no flight required for us. 

Good work, glad to see you cruising again.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good work, glad to see you cruising again.

Yeah. House is all built now been in 2 months. All spare $$$ went in the house. Still working through landscape so been waiting for some bargains. 

Hard for partner to take time from November to March (as its busy time for them) but he asked today for the February cruise and they said he could have time off. Probably cause its for my 50th birthday. He wanted to go inside. I said no way. 

Have you retired?? as you have a swag of cruises coming up. Envious.

Edited by icat2000

9 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Yeah. House is all built now been in 2 months. All spare $$$ went in the house. Still working through landscape so been waiting for some bargains. 

Hard for partner to take time from November to March (as its busy time for them) but he asked today for the February cruise and they said he could have time off. Probably cause its for my 50th birthday. He wanted to go inside. I said no way. 

Have you retired?? as you have a swag of cruises coming up. Envious.

Good news for you. I am still working but taking lots of time off to feed my addiction.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:12 PM, GUT2407 said:

Just got a pack and go offer

22 Nov 2018

HAL Noordam 30 nights

Tas, SA, Qld, PNG

inside from just under $3,000, balcony a touch under $4,000.

It's all your fault Mr. Gut - have this morning in an attack of madness (after thinking about it since your post) booked the 15 night Tas/SA portion of that cruise - very interesting itinerary. Thanks for the heads-up (even if my bank balance might not agree :classic_rolleyes:)

9 minutes ago, boeckli said:

It's all your fault Mr. Gut - have this morning in an attack of madness (after thinking about it since your post) booked the 15 night Tas/SA portion of that cruise - very interesting itinerary. Thanks for the heads-up (even if my bank balance might not agree :classic_rolleyes:)

Glad you could take advantage of it, wish we could join you.

I'm looking at HAL Maardam. Done some searching on cc without much luck - very much dislike the new program.

Have you been on HAL previously? Who can you compare it to? Am a bit reluctant as it's a nz Auckland to Sydney and it's only about 55,000 ton so wondering how it would go down the Dunedin to syd sector.

45 minutes ago, Tara Jane said:

I'm looking at HAL Maardam. Done some searching on cc without much luck - very much dislike the new program.

Have you been on HAL previously? Who can you compare it to? Am a bit reluctant as it's a nz Auckland to Sydney and it's only about 55,000 ton so wondering how it would go down the Dunedin to syd sector.

Wife and I cruised HAL. One of those was on Volendam, about, 60,000 tonne. Small but comfortable. We rated it our second favourite after Celebrity and above, RCI, Princess and Carnival. HAL is favoured by the older crowd so if you're after excitement perhaps Carnival, P&O or RCI Ovation with all the new rides would suit better.

Thank you for your reply. Our favorite is celebrity so sounds like HAL will suit us.   Too old for all those rides and loud deck parties.  We just need to go on a cruise to relax and have my bed made and meals made and no housework to do :classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, Tara Jane said:

Hi Mick, we have a hold on december  cruise so will give you feed back if we go ahead.   Have you been on HAL.  I have always valued your opinions.   Best news is that I can get insurance for this trip with insure and go.

Not yet been on HAL, have read lots about their cruises and will take that along with an open mind and see how we go.