El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I looked at that Arcadia cruise but a little too soon and we need flights from nth qld and what if there's a cyclone here (at home ) while I'm away and whose going to drive my 18 year old too work and will they remember to feed the animals and blah blah ....took me having half a sleeping pill to combat my nights of insomnia before I woke up to remember oh I booked a cruise last night :eek:

Only a 2 nighter like the one above , but on the Diamond Princess Brisbane to Sydney 25th March , an obstructed view cabin guarantee , think the total price for a twin was $530 , that seemed pretty good for a short cruise? Looking forward to seeing what something other than a p&o looks like inside. Weird thing is my cruise seems hard to find I can see the whole Australian cruise advertised but no where except the one T.A had the 2 night leg?

Edited by Ru2on

I looked at that Arcadia cruise but a little too soon and we need flights from nth qld and what if there's a cyclone here (at home ) while I'm away and whose going to drive my 18 year old too work and will they remember to feed the animals and blah blah ....took me having half a sleeping pill to combat my nights of insomnia before I woke up to remember oh I booked a cruise last night :eek:

Only a 2 nighter like the one above , but on the Diamond Princess Brisbane to Sydney 25th March , an obstructed view cabin guarantee , think the total price for a twin was $530 , that seemed pretty good for a short cruise? Looking forward to seeing what something other than a p&o looks like inside. Weird thing is my cruise seems hard to find I can see the whole Australian cruise advertised but no where except the one T.A had the 2 night leg?

Fully booked may be the reason as OzKiwiJJ posted.:D

Only solo catergories left on the 2 nighter Brisbane to Sydney on Diamond Princess. And only available in oz cat for twin share at $269 pp. Its not on the Princess site. However, if you ring them they can probably book it directly if any availability left.

Edited by icat2000

We are also on the 2 dayer on the Diamond. It is the end of the around Australia cruise, and they sell off any available cabins where people got off in Brisbane, rather than Syd. Princess doesnt put it on their site, sold through online OZ TA's only. We have done a couple of these and its cheaper than staying in a Hotel in Sydney. :) We paid $269pp for lowest OB OV guarantee and have been given highest cat OV.Used points to fly to Brisbane too.

Add to it our Elite benefits, shareholder credit and Loyalty credit and its a bargain.

Tanya

Edited by stki

We are also on the 2 dayer on the Diamond. It is the end of the around Australia cruise, and they sell off any available cabins where people got off in Brisbane, rather than Syd. Princess doesnt put it on their site, sold through online OZ TA's only. We have done a couple of these and its cheaper than staying in a Hotel in Sydney. :) We paid $269pp for lowest OB OV guarantee and have been given highest cat OV.Used points to fly to Brisbane too.

Add to it our Elite benefits, shareholder credit and Loyalty credit and its a bargain.

Tanya

That makes sense, glad you could take advantage.:D

Tanya

Thank you thats interesting that princess don't put it on their site, I thought maybe I was just not looking in the right direction. We don't have our cabin allocation yet. Haven't finished filling in our boarding Details yet. Do you have a boarding time for Brisbane ?

Edited by Ru2on

Thank you thats interesting that princess don't put it on their site, I thought maybe I was just not looking in the right direction. We don't have our cabin allocation yet. Haven't finished filling in our boarding Details yet. Do you have a boarding time for Brisbane ?

You can always ring Princess to see if they offer it. I have rung them before and asked about various sectors that they haven't had on their site.

Tanya

The Japanese Izumi Bathhouse looks interesting. Reminds me of Japan. I just have to convince DH.

Looks like Royal Caribbean have a new sale. I just spotted a 9 night South Pacific cruise for $548pp ($1061 single) departing Sydney 20th March.

Just had confirmation that we have a booking at that price. None left now! We have to pay by tomorrow. OMG! I'm so excited!

This will be our first cruise in an inside guarantee cabin. We had a balcony on our Sun Princess cruise, but we're looking at value for money now so this will be a good chance to try an inside cabin. Hope we get a reasonable one.

*Happy Dance*. Have just got our cabin number, we've been given a large interior, just aft of the lifts. Gotta be happy with that at that price :D:D:D

Did you look on the web because the travel site that I booked on was still showing cabins last night?

Edit Just checked again and the travel site is showing interior twin available $249 pp

And ocean view twin at , I think it was $449 pp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Ru2on

Who would pay those prices for a 2 night cruise? It's crazy! I guess they'll try to do upsells on them. I gather they rarely discount suites.

Maybe they hoping someone will still book the longer cruise or they planning on upgrading me from my interior cabin on the relocation up to Singapore. :D

Whoop whoop just got my cabin allocation for the 2 nighter Brisbane to Sydney on the Diamond and I've gone from obstructed view guarantee to a Balcony on the Lido Deck .. Not bad for $249ea. On a less happy outcome I rang Princess to see if it was possible to stay on the Ship and do just the Sydney back to Brissy section as the Diamond leaves Australia ..and the very helpful gentleman did a dummy booking to find out yes I could do it but it would cost $800+ pp for the lowest cabin for the 3 nights ..so wonderful it could be done shame the expense makes it not an option ..still I have a Balcony , first time ever :D

Edited by Ru2on