El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Ship Name:Pacific PearlCruise Code:P541Departure Date:Tuesday, 10 November 2015Cruise Name:South PacificNights:9Departing:Sydney

Solo $588 inside or $399 pp

That is cheap as chips.

Thanks icat2000. It took me a while to find the TA for this fare. It was $474 on my usual site.:eek: Thanks for sharing.

And the baragins keep coming: Golden Princess

Ship Name:Golden PrincessCruise Code:5534Departure Date:Thursday, 12 November 2015Cruise Name:New ZealandNights:13Departing:Melbourne

$1066 pp inside or for a balcony $1454 pp

Ship Name: Sun Princess

Cruise Code: S524

Departure Date: Monday, 9 November 2015

Cruise Name: Indonesia

Nights: 15

Departing: Fremantle (Perth)

Inside $999 pp

Ship Name: Dawn Princess

Cruise Code: D527

Departure Date: Monday, 7 December 2015

Cruise Name: South Pacific / Fiji

Nights: 14

Departing: Sydney

Balcony $1399 pp

Edited by icat2000

It sounds like your son has developed a real love of cruising. If you did cruise without him you would probably need to be very careful not to spill the beans so to speak. It's hard, as some time for you to sit by the pool or do a show would be great.

QUOTE]

Yes he has developed a real live of cruising. Simply with an autism it's the easiest way to travel.unpack once, I can buy extra things I need in port, he is secure on the ship, everything is include, we get to go to different ports so we see new things and if he is unhappy or needs down time it's easy to go back to our room until he is happy.

Many parents with kids with autism think it's too difficult to travel but with cruising it's not

The Voyager 5/11 is still on RCI site but the only cheap price left is for inside rooms $283 plus grats. I was logged in when I saw the price a few minutes ago. No doubt it's a bargain.

I was logged in and it showed that price but when I clicked 'Book' - the price came up as $4000+ for two for inside (Promenade) - no guarantee left. Had the same problem with the Balcony Sale they had recently; the low price was shown on the site but not when you tried to book it.

Will be a moot point now as cheapies will all be snapped up.

Ship Name:Explorer Of The Seas

Cruise Code:EX23APR16

Departure Date:Saturday, 23 April 2016

Cruise Name:Sydney to Seattle

Nights:24

Departing:Sydney - Australia

Balcony Guaranteed $2305 pp

Good deal but when you go to book the price changes to much higher?

Good deal but when you go to book the price changes to much higher?

Not what I am getting. I'm not booking it through RCL but off an online ta site in oz.

See below

Your cruise details

Ship: Explorer Of The Seas Cabin Code: X

Cruise Code: EX23APR16 Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom (Guaranteed)

Departing: Sydney - Australia

Departure Date: 23/04/2016

Nights: 24

Your cost summary and payment information

Your Cabin Fare: $4,610.00

That is for 2 people.

This is what you get on RCL site.

Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee

TOTAL PRICE

$4,659.36 AUD*

AVG $2,329.68 / PERSON AUD*

Edited by icat2000

Princess has a 72 hour mini suite madness sale - although some are still under the banner Landmark sale. Especially good prices for triples.

eg Diamond Princess SYD/SYD 7nt Tassie cruise mini suite $1699 x 2 but the good part of the deal is the 3rd person is $181. plus OBC $100 x 2 adults

Also offers on Emerald NZ Nov 2016 13nt mini suite $3299 x2 A but the 3rd person is only $315 plus OBC $250 x 2 1st 2adults. That makes the 3rd person $24.23/day :D. If you happen to be lucky enough to also have a FCC then that means your credit would then be $700 pretty nice price in my books

Golden MEL/SYD Apr 2016 also has mini suite madness with low 3rd pax price & OBC :)

Princess has a 72 hour mini suite madness sale - although some are still under the banner Landmark sale. Especially good prices for triples.

eg Diamond Princess SYD/SYD 7nt Tassie cruise mini suite $1699 x 2 but the good part of the deal is the 3rd person is $181. plus OBC $100 x 2 adults

Also offers on Emerald NZ Nov 2016 13nt mini suite $3299 x2 A but the 3rd person is only $315 plus OBC $250 x 2 1st 2adults. That makes the 3rd person $24.23/day :D. If you happen to be lucky enough to also have a FCC then that means your credit would then be $700 pretty nice price in my books

Golden MEL/SYD Apr 2016 also has mini suite madness with low 3rd pax price & OBC :)

On the Emerald cruise mentioned, the OBC is actually A$625 total (even though it says A$250 pp under 'offers) - did a dummy booking for 2 pax earlier. That is without an FCC!

Edited by boeckli

On the Emerald cruise mentioned, the OBC is actually A$625 total (even though it says A$250 pp under 'offers) - did a dummy booking for 2 pax earlier. That is without an FCC!

I called to double chk earlier & you are right its higher!

The res agent quoted me a total of $875 OBC (2 adults) for that cruise made up of:

Mini suite madness & Future Cruise Credit

I made a few holds today :o

Ship Name: Golden Princess

Cruise Code: 5535

Departure Date: Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Cruise Name: New Zealand

Nights: 13

Departing: Melbourne

$1558 pp mini suite. Travel in style on the Golden Princess

thats a gift...

Santas come early at Princess..:D:D

Have just booked the Explorer balcony special for next April. Thanks to this thread I got a great price, even better deal using our Crown and Anchor numbers. Now, I would like to transfer my booking to a TA that doesn't charge credit cards. Is this hard to do? Thks

We transfer to our TA and then ask them for BPAY details and pay that way - no fees. Just have to do the BPAY a few days before due date and notify them so it is all recognized.

We transfer to our TA and then ask them for BPAY details and pay that way - no fees. Just have to do the BPAY a few days before due date and notify them so it is all recognized.

If the purpose of changing to a TA is just to enable payment by Direct Deposit & not incur cc fees, you don't need to do that - RC offer that option directly, with the account details shown on your invoice. Or you can send a cheque.