Look for opinion Regal vs HAL eurodam

glituner32

Hey guys looking for your opinion. Me and my wife are in our late twenties and we love to cruise. Been on NCL, Carnival and RCCL. We wanted to try out a new line either Holland Eurodam or Regal Princess. For New years cruise, both are around the same price. Both doing Eastern caribbean But I wanted to know with one you guys think will be more fun? night life? I know Holland more older crowed not sure about Princess. I just don't want to feel bored on the ships.

Thanks

Stan

Assuming you don't book oceanview cabins (since the Regal doesn't have any), I'd go with Princess. Two reasons: first of all, I think the nightlife will be better. I'd love to try HAL but I have realistic expectations in terms of what happens after 10pm on their ships . . . i.e., very little! True, a 7-day cruise over a holiday is more likely to see a younger crowd, but if you're really looking forward to some partying, the safe choice would not be HAL.

Second reason: the ship. I know I whine and moan about Princess's two new ships, but it would be very cool to sail on one of them. Even their detractors agree that there is a wow factor (I mean, assuming you can afford a cabin since there are no oceanview cabins -- bitter? moi?). Whereas, of the HAL ships, the Eurodam seems kind of ho-hum to me. Of course, maybe HAL loyalists would say she's the best in the fleet, yadda yadda, but I don't see anything particularly special about her.

Hey guys looking for your opinion. Me and my wife are in our late twenties and we love to cruise. Been on NCL, Carnival and RCCL. We wanted to try out a new line either Holland Eurodam or Regal Princess. For New years cruise, both are around the same price. Both doing Eastern caribbean But I wanted to know with one you guys think will be more fun? night life? I know Holland more older crowed not sure about Princess. I just don't want to feel bored on the ships.

Thanks

Stan

Fun is subjective.

If you look for night life - your choice is the Regal.

The Eurodam is the most comfortable ship in the Caribbean but it's not a party ship to any extent.

It's a different kind of fun.

Assuming you don't book oceanview cabins (since the Regal doesn't have any), I'd go with Princess. Two reasons: first of all, I think the nightlife will be better. I'd love to try HAL but I have realistic expectations in terms of what happens after 10pm on their ships . . . i.e., very little! True, a 7-day cruise over a holiday is more likely to see a younger crowd, but if you're really looking forward to some partying, the safe choice would not be HAL.

Second reason: the ship. I know I whine and moan about Princess's two new ships, but it would be very cool to sail on one of them. Even their detractors agree that there is a wow factor (I mean, assuming you can afford a cabin since there are no oceanview cabins -- bitter? moi?). Whereas, of the HAL ships, the Eurodam seems kind of ho-hum to me. Of course, maybe HAL loyalists would say she's the best in the fleet, yadda yadda, but I don't see anything particularly special about her.

No ocean views?

Fun is subjective.

If you look for night life - your choice is the Regal.

The Eurodam is the most comfortable ship in the Caribbean but it's not a party ship to any extent.

It's a different kind of fun.

Why do you say the Eurodam is the most "comfortable ship in the Caribbean"? Looking for information. Not an argument. Would you consider Eurodam more comfortable than Nieuw Amsterdam? Why?

Why do you say the Eurodam is the most "comfortable ship in the Caribbean"? Looking for information. Not an argument. Would you consider Eurodam more comfortable than Nieuw Amsterdam? Why?

Having sailed both Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam, we slightly- very slightly- prefer N. Amsterdam, but it isn't a big difference. There are both very nice, comfortable, classy.

We haven't sailed Regal to we can make a recommendation.

We sailed with Holland last Christmas. Great itenerary, so so food, entertainment was ok,lots of old people. Our children weren't impressed 24,22,18 and 17. We sailed on Princess with our oldest in March. We LOVED it. Have booked on the new Regal for January. We have done about 7 cruises with RC. Princess is our new favorite.

We did HAL Eurodam a couple of few years ago for Thanksgiving. We were 40 at the time with our two teenage children. We've done Princess, Celebrity, HAL, and Disney. For nightlife, I'd definitely go with Princess. If this was a food debate, I'd say HAL all the way. I would assume there may be a bit more nightlife than usual since it's a New Year's Cruise but I'd still think you'd be a bit disappointed on HAL. We did New Year's on Disney a couple of years ago. I have to say, New Year's is now one of my families favorite times to cruise. Everyone just seemed more in a party mode.

Food on our HAal cruises has ranged from okay (Noordam) to excellent (Maasdam) to the best we've ever had at sea (Nieuw Amsterdam), but entertainment consistently appeals to the early-to-bed crowd. We are old souls in middle aged bodies and enjoy much of HAL's entertainment (especially the classical music) but after 10pm it's pretty quiet.

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both the new Regal Princess and the Eurodam. They both are nice ships. I think you would prefer the Regal Princess. The ship is new, beautiful and should have a younger crowd. The Regal Princess has more night life than the Eurodam, but is more subdued than the other lines that you mention. Also, the Regal Princess is significantly larger than the Eurodam. Because it carries more passengers, this should increase your likelihood of meeting other people in your age group.

Chuck

I have cruised HAL once and Princess 10 times. I haven't sailed on the two ships you are referring to. However, the night life on HAL was minimal at best. Perhaps it was just the ship I sailed. I can always find things and venues to go to on Princess.