Reserved Pool Seating

Pickels

We will be sailing on the Equanox next March, does anyone know if there is a reserved section by the pool for suite guests? Thanks.

Hi Pickels,

Not that I've seen on any Celebrity ship.

It is a good question since Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines do provide reserved seating by the pool. Celebrity does not. Have a wonderful cruise. :) By looking at the OP's signature, it makes sense for him to ask the question.

Edited by H2OH!

Actually if you book the entire ship for 2 to 6 million dollars for the week you can have any lounger you want. Of course price varies by ship and is subject to a 15% gratuity.

Sorry....couldn't resist.

Who should I write the cheque out to?! Lol. Love it...what a bargain of a deck chair!!

That sounds a good reason not to sail RCCL as that would really wind me up!

Oh dear, better not get the butler to see us to our reserved theatre seats on the May Eclipse cruise!

Frankly, we can do without a butler, and we will just sneak in the stalls!

That sounds a good reason not to sail RCCL as that would really wind me up! 😡

It would wind you up even more if you had paid for the large suite and the reserved seats were full of kids and you couldn't get one .It happened to us

That sounds a good reason not to sail RCCL as that would really wind me up!

The reserved section on RC is not all that desirable (IMHO) - usually some of the "stadium tiers" over by the pool bar. I never have "chair envy" unless things are really crowded, which means the chair hogs are out in force.

After our cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit last August, I told my wife I had an excellent idea for a new reality TV series. I would call it "Chair Wars" based on what I observed poolside.

Sailing again on 8/24 same cruise, and I expect nothing has changed. Maybe I am just too polite, but what gives people the impression that they can circumvent the rule of not reserving chairs? It is ridiculous. I guess what is even more ridiculous is the fact that Pool Butlers just walk around oblivious to this behavior.

If you have a suite you could probably ask the butler to sit in one to hold it for you, may not work but you could always ask, or take along a servant to sit in a chair at all of the venues to "reserve" it for you.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think it was a reasonable question for a new cruiser to Celebrity to ask as some cruise lines do that.

That said, I don't care what type of extra perks the cruise line gives to suite guests who pay very high fares as long as they don't take real estate away from others. Give them free drinks, free dinners, whatever - just don't take over space that used to be available to everyone. Unfortunately, with recent changes they are starting to do just that. Don't like it, but if I want to keep sailing X I guess I need to live with it.

It would wind you up even more if you had paid for the large suite and the reserved seats were full of kids and you couldn't get one .It happened to us

That's not good! Kids spoil everything.... Maybe there should be a ban on children under the age of 18 traveling on cruise ships! :D

Oh dear, better not get the butler to see us to our reserved theatre seats on the May Eclipse cruise!

Frankly, we can do without a butler, and we will just sneak in the stalls!

Your ok, we very rarely use the theatre so reserve away... :p

Would it wind you up anymore than a reserved lounge and/or dining room? :confused:

Yes it would...

I mean my point was there are not enough beds by the pool to start with... so to restrict access to to pool beds just on the off chance suit guests might like them wouldn't be on... IMHO! As for lounges & dining rooms no that wouldn't bother me at all, the recent changes of Michael's club & changing part of the main dining rooms will have zero affect on my holiday... But taking away space from the pool area might! :rolleyes:

After our cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit last August, I told my wife I had an excellent idea for a new reality TV series. I would call it "Chair Wars" based on what I observed poolside.

Sailing again on 8/24 same cruise, and I expect nothing has changed. Maybe I am just too polite, but what gives people the impression that they can circumvent the rule of not reserving chairs? It is ridiculous. I guess what is even more ridiculous is the fact that Pool Butlers just walk around oblivious to this behavior.

That would make good viewing!

I did confront people on my last cruise that thought it was fine for the man to get up early and RESERVE 8 yes 8 beds for the 2 of them with the off chance their friends would turn up at some point later in the day to use them from time to time... The response from them well I'm sure you can imagine...xxxx :eek:

Think they booked celebrity by mistake and was meant to book carnival :D

Yes it would...

I mean my point was there are not enough beds by the pool to start with... so to restrict access to to pool beds just on the off chance suit guests might like them wouldn't be on... IMHO! As for lounges & dining rooms no that wouldn't bother me at all, the recent changes of Michael's club & changing part of the main dining rooms will have zero affect on my holiday... But taking away space from the pool area might! :rolleyes:

We've sailed more with Royal than Celebrity and never had a problem finding seats at the pool. I don't think they've taken away areas from anyone but shutting me out of Michael's Club, now that's a problem. ;)

Edited by Big_G