Self Service Laundry

clementine01

I know Carnival has them but Royal Caribbean doesn't. If you let us know what ship you are talking about, we can tell you if they have them or not. Washing machines and dryers cost $3 each for a load. There are one or two ironing boards here too.

Do you know if the Oceania Riviera has self service?

Yes 1 on each cabin deck except 12 same on Marina

Their smaller ships on have 1 on deck 7

$2 per machine

Edited by LHT28

Right whilst on the laundry subject.

Are you permitted to take a travel iron onboard?

No, travel irons are not allowed. Ships with self service laundry will have an ironing board and iron you can use.

No ! We have a steamer and it was taken out of my husband's suitcase on our last cruise. This was the 1st time it was taken on our 6 other cruises this year, our 2nd cruise on this ship. WE did retrieve it on the last morning. Cruising again next month on same ship and will try to take it again.

If you send things to be pressed, they are not pressed, they are steamed- not the same. We have also used Downey's Wrinkle Out. You spray it on and wait, most wrinkles disappear.

I'm in the minority who think Downy Wrinkle Release is completely useless. I've learned to embrace the somewhat wrinkled look.

This thread is reminding me to pack detergent pods for this cruise coming up.

Edited by Seago2

I'm in the minority who think Downy Wrinkle Release is completely useless. I've learned to embrace the somewhat wrinkled look.

I find Downy Wrinkle Release useless, too! I got a free sample of it and was glad I had spent no money to try it. I find that simply packing less reduces the compression in my luggage and results in less wrinkles in my clothes.

Edited by Bookish Angel

I find Downy Wrinkle Release useless, too! I got a free sample of it and was glad I had spent no money to try it. I find that simply packing less reduces the compression in my luggage and results in less wrinkles in my clothes.

I find turning the shower on hot and steaming clothes in the bathroom works better than wrinkle release.

I, too, pack a few Tide pods and a roll of quarters for each of my cruises on Princess. I know I'll be doing laundry at least once, depending on the length of the cruise.

Edited by Treven

As we are taking longer cruises (our last three was two week ones), having a self-service laundry available is a must for my family.

On Princess ships almost every deck with passenger cabins (I think some ships with cabins on the Lido deck may be the exception...but the other decks will have the rooms) will have a self-service laundry that's opened for most of every day. Just look at the deck plan for your ship -- it should be at the aft end or the far forward end of your deck.

I definitely recommend going on the website for your cruiseline as this question and others will be answered in the FAQ sections.