Self Service Laundry

clementine01

No ! We have a steamer and it was taken out of my husband's suitcase on our last cruise. This was the 1st time it was taken on our 6 other cruises this year, our 2nd cruise on this ship. WE did retrieve it on the last morning. Cruising again next month on same ship and will try to take it again.

If you send things to be pressed, they are not pressed, they are steamed- not the same. We have also used Downey's Wrinkle Out. You spray it on and wait, most wrinkles disappear.

We are departing on the Navigator mid-March. I just bought a travel garment steamer just for the purpose of freshening-up our wrinkled or worn but not dirty clothing. I see the post stating that their travel steamer was removed from their luggage. Was this on Regent? I know that Regent has free laundry machines but I also know from past experience that these machines are very popular and we don't wish to spend our cruise watching our clothes dry or having to iron. Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

A little etiquette that I have learned from observing self-serve laundries is only use one machine at a time so as not to prevent other passengers from doing their laundry. The discussions started as a result of not following that simple kindness could disturb the passengers across the hall.

Burt

Does the Navigator have self service in their laundry rooms. like the washer and dryers? 3 cats in a row

Assume you are referring to Navigator of the Seas.

No Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ships have laundry rooms.

You can send out your laundry and dry cleaning, for a fee. They also offer a wash and fold bag for around $25-30 mid way through a cruise of 7 days or longer.

We are departing on the Navigator mid-March. I just bought a travel garment steamer just for the purpose of freshening-up our wrinkled or worn but not dirty clothing. I see the post stating that their travel steamer was removed from their luggage. Was this on Regent? .

no line permits steamers or irons on board. you have toi send items out for pressing at half the price of dry cleaning

We are departing on the Navigator mid-March. I just bought a travel garment steamer just for the purpose of freshening-up our wrinkled or worn but not dirty clothing. I see the post stating that their travel steamer was removed from their luggage. Was this on Regent? I know that Regent has free laundry machines but I also know from past experience that these machines are very popular and we don't wish to spend our cruise watching our clothes dry or having to iron. Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated.

I would ask on the Regent forum but I doubt you will be allowed to have a steamer

A little etiquette that I have learned from observing self-serve laundries is only use one machine at a time so as not to prevent other passengers from doing their laundry. The discussions started as a result of not following that simple kindness could disturb the passengers across the hall.

Burt

I would not agree with the above. Although I have used self serve laundries on ships in the past, I have never used more than one machine, but if someone needs more than one machine, it is no big deal. No one is preventing others from doing their laundry although they may have to wait for a few minutes.:eek:

I would not agree with the above. Although I have used self serve laundries on ships in the past, I have never used more than one machine, but if someone needs more than one machine, it is no big deal. No one is preventing others from doing their laundry although they may have to wait for a few minutes.:eek:

LOL, get a room near the laundry and I am sure you would change your mind. Mom bringing eight loads at one time is more common then you

think. AND, she goes out on deck after she starts the machines.:rolleyes:

Burt

LOL, get a room near the laundry and I am sure you would change your mind. Mom bringing eight loads at one time is more common then you

think. AND, she goes out on deck after she starts the machines.:rolleyes:

Burt

As long as she comes back in a timely manner. Otherwise she'll find her clothes not in a machine. Seen a fight on HAL because of this.

Edited by SadieN

Oceania (which I have not seen mentioned here) has self service laundry. As for the Downy sprays--I get nearly as good a result just bringing a small (empty) spray bottle that I fill with water and dampen items as I unpack. Use the tugging and smoothing methods that Downy recommends and water gets you most of the way there. I don't like carrying liquids in my baggage when I don't have to.

Each cruise line's website will have a listing of items prohibited to take on board.

It's impossible to be sure that a particular item not specifically mentioned in the FAQs or even the passenger ticket contract will be allowed. They all have a general prohibition against "dangerous items", or some similar wording, that allows the cruise lines to disallow anything that in their judgement is dangerous. Steamers might not be mentioned by name but could be prohibited in practice.