Canyon Ranch Spa on Reflection

Ha-pealady

Hi, was wondering if any fellow cruisers have used Canyon Ranch since they took up residence and if so, were they happy with service and price? I was disappointed to see that Elemis are no longer the spa provider as I am a fan of their products. Also, are they still offering a tour of the spa services on embarkation day? We are in Aqua Class this time round and not really sure how the "personal Spa Concierge to arrange spa treatments" actually works in practice. :)

Have not tried Canyon Ranch on Celeb but did enjoy their services on QM2...

Have been in AQ and never met or used concierge to book. I usually book appts by going to the spa counter on first day...then look for specials to see if they are a better value I read that there are some specials...not sure of pricing.

You can get Elemis products on line....they have sales frequently and throw in free samples when you buy stuff.

I had a hot stone massage on a recently completed cruise on Millennium. I thought the price was reasonable, certainly no more than when Steiner was operating the spa. The most refreshing thing about the massage was the utter lack of an attempt to sell products, they were never even mentioned.

Mary Lou

I was NOT happy with the $72 they charged, including 18% service charge to wash and blow dry my hair. About 50% increase from the prior company and the final result, while it looked nice, wasn't any different.

Guess I will just have to bite the bullet and do it myself on future cruises.:mad:

I just returned from the Baltics and had two wonderful massages. I didn't pay any more than in in past.

I was badly in need of a manicure. So I told the manicurist that no way would I pay over $70 for one (I read that here on Cruise Critic). She asked who told me that! I was charged the same $42 as in the past.

Difference is now the tip is 18%.

As someone said, they are not allowed to push products.

I just returned from the Baltics and had two wonderful massages. I didn't pay any more than in in past.

I was badly in need of a manicure. So I told the manicurist that no way would I pay over $70 for one (I read that here on Cruise Critic). She asked who told me that! I was charged the same $42 as in the past.

Difference is now the tip is 18%.

As someone said' date=' they are not allowed to push products.[/quote']

I do not know about massage or manicure prices. However, last November I had my hair blown dry on Silhouette. Base price before service charge was $40. In April I had my hair blown dry on Reflection. Base price before service charge was $60. My hair is medium length and very thick and I was told that longer hair was additional. I believe the service charge on Silhouette before Canyon Ranch was 15% so now it is a little more.

It is possible that the hair prices have come down since there were so many complaints about the large increase, however I wont know until my next cruise in October, assuming I decide to have my hair done.

As far as pushing products, both companies "recommended" products but neither was aggressive about it and stopped after I said I wasn't interested.

Of course,the spa is a choice and we all have the ability to make it.

To me it seemed prices increased about 15-20% overall.

Also the automatic gratuity went from 15% to 18%.

I noticed no difference in the services offered, i think that really boiled s down to the individual performing the services mores that the company itself.

I had a men's cut, shave, facial and massage on both Eclipse in April and Summit in May that were done by Canon Ranch. I had the same treatments by Steiner in March on Summit just before they moved out. To me the only noticeable difference was the larger bill.

My Steiner cut and shave was $49 plus tip.

The Canyon Ranch cut and shave was $72 plus tip.

I agree with a prior poster that the purchase of products was not mentioned one time. No "education" even.

Here's a link to Canyon Ranch's Celebrity offerings.

http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclubcelebritycruises#fbid=T6mppZmfAZb

Edited by cle-guy

All I can say is celebrity must be charging Canyon Ranch some serious rent!

Especially when after they mention in the menu of services the 18% surcharge they then go on to say.... "additional tipping for exceptional service is appreciated not expected"

In other words the means "tip me dag nab it or I'll put those bunions back on your feet!!!"

Wiscona

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All I can say is celebrity must be charging Canyon Ranch some serious rent!

Especially when after they mention in the menu of services the 18% surcharge they then go on to say.... "additional tipping for exceptional service is appreciated not expected"

In other words the means "tip me dag nab it or I'll put those bunions back on your feet!!!"

Wiscona

Don't worry, Wiscona. They are very decent and they realize that most people do not tip extra.

Hey cantstopcruising I certainly believe you! Bunions begone!!!!!

Maybe a little tongue In check on my behalf!

I just find it interesting they just spell it out, to me if you where going to say that it would be discreetly on a sign on the counter or wall at the reception of the spa.

Wiscona

What a about spa facilities on reflection? Canyon ranch is known for its steam rooms, cold rooms, showers, how is it on the ship ?

The Persian Garden is the same as it was when Elemis ran the spa. It is modern and well equipped with steam, sauna, relaxation rooms, aromatherapy showers, heater loungers, etc. We enjoy it the most!

Hi akowlm,

Thanks for posting I was going to ask that do you think it's worth the $$ for Persian garden if your not staying in Aqua Class?

Looking at some videos on CC it seemed rather noisy?

The view certainly looks amazing!

Wiscona

I purchased it last year; it was $120 for the week, I think. Because I paid for it, I made myself go down to the spa the first few days for at least an hour each day. That hour allowed me to decompress and relax away from the rest of the activity and excitement on the ship. By the end of the week, I was spending at least 1.5 hours a day, twice a day in there! I am buying it again this year and looking forward to my 'down time' in the Persian Garden!

Saw 2 basic treatments that look interesting...might consider a 3rd...pricey but hopefully worth it..!!!!

Spa and Persian Garden are definitely on the cruise agenda.....wish they had a T pool like they did on QM 2 and formerly on Mercury . Would also be nice if the put the Canyon Ranch touch on the thermal rooms in the PG and the showers.....they were not always well kept by Steiner .

I now have in my possession via email an up to date Menu of Prices. Significantly cheaper on port days and can prebook via email. :)

Is the price list the same or different than the one from their website (post #6 above...) The one above also had lower prices for port days.

Is the price list the same or different than the one from their website (post #6 above...) The one above also had lower prices for port days.

"Shampoo, Cut & Blow Dry" "Short Hair $51 (port day $39) Medium-Length hair $60 ($45) and Long hair $69 (52)."

"Shampoo, Cut & Blow Dry" "Short Hair $51 (port day $39) Medium-Length hair $60 ($45) and Long hair $69 (52)."

We cruised on the Reflection last month with a group of friends. All my girlfriends were charged about the same for a shampoo & blow dry, over $70 with the gratuities. We all have different textures and lengths of hair. Only my daughter was charged more but she has really long hair and the stylist also curled her hair after drying . I'm not complaining, I was happy paying what I paid and I tipped extra. One day the stylist decided to give me a Kerastase treatment (took her about 5 minutes) and had to pay over $100. She didn't ask me if I wanted the treatment. Just want to add that the stylist used to work with Steiner, which means that now we are paying more for the same product. :confused:

Not sure what the keratase treament entails..,At my very reasonable local salon a keritin blow out (not full keritin treatment) is $25 extra...not alot of time involved, comes out great , silky smooth, no frizz.,,,although it only lasts a few weeks...basically a spray in product, blow out and hot iron.,

can someone remind me...are they still giving an Elite coupns for a reduction?

I deided on my spa plan..massage plus one add on and on another a day faciall plus one other add on. Not going to book ahead b/c I want to use onbd credit and a coupon if I get one..