New to Holland America? This is for you...AKA "HAL For Dummies"

Host Walt

We just returned from a wonderful 21 day cruise and I have a question...does anyone know the brand and type of towel Holland America uses? (Koningsdam balcony room but not a suite, if that matters). They were wonderful. I've always thought my towels at home were fine, until I used the HA ones.

I do see that HA sells "their" towels on a website, but I'm thinking if I knew the brand and type, I could buy them cheaper elsewhere.

Did a search for this but didn't find much info and nothing within the last couple years. I want a 'DAM ship tee shirt... where are they available? On the ships?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. Depending on ship and time of year there be more or less choices.

I am so excited to be on this board! Thanks for all the info. We will be going on our first cruise ever to Alaska in 2018. We got the explor 4 deal included, but we don't drink. In addition, we have 2 cabins booked, and each one will have an adult and a teen. So, how do we get the most out of the signature beverage package? What will they do about the fact that 2 of the 4 of us are under 21?

Thanks

Forgot to mention, we did this through Costco. I think they messed up. because we got the package included for no extra cost. Checked HAL and the rooms were more expensive. Now when I go back on Costco, they are more expensive as well. I think they forgot to mark them up the day I booked!!

Edited by JKTHOR
Added more info

Question re stockholders benefit"

We are sailing on HAL for a holiday cruise after a period of some absence...last sailed HAL in fall '14. When I called to verify the fax # and info needed to submit for the OBC I was told that the stock must have been purchased in the 6 months prior to today's phone call. Is this something new?

I thought you had to own stock at the time of submitting your request, which is not to be prior to 90 days before sail date? Am I missing something? LuAnn

Question re stockholders benefit"

We are sailing on HAL for a holiday cruise after a period of some absence...last sailed HAL in fall '14. When I called to verify the fax # and info needed to submit for the OBC I was told that the stock must have been purchased in the 6 months prior to today's phone call. Is this something new?

I thought you had to own stock at the time of submitting your request, which is not to be prior to 90 days before sail date? Am I missing something? LuAnn

As happens all too frequently when you call Seattle, the information you were given is incorrect, and you are much closer to correct. Yes, you need to own the CCL stock when you apply for the credit, and you are supposed to continue to own it when you sail.

You can submit verification as soon as HAL is accepting requests for the OBC for your sailing date. I believe they are accepting through next June as of now, but could be off on that date.

This is the current fax number: 206-270-6080

Hi all, 1st time cruiser on HAL. Doing the Grand Asia in Oct on the Amsterdam. One of the bennies we received was 300 minutes per person of internet. Do they issue one sign-on per person or one sign-on per cabin? Searched the HAL board and found lots of info on prices and speed but little info on whether both my wife and I can be on at the same time. Thx in advance!

Hi all, 1st time cruiser on HAL. Doing the Grand Asia in Oct on the Amsterdam. One of the bennies we received was 300 minutes per person of internet. Do they issue one sign-on per person or one sign-on per cabin? Searched the HAL board and found lots of info on prices and speed but little info on whether both my wife and I can be on at the same time. Thx in advance!

One session only. Each person would have to have a separate login to be on simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As happens all too frequently when you call Seattle, the information you were given is incorrect, and you are much closer to correct. Yes, you need to own the CCL stock when you apply for the credit, and you are supposed to continue to own it when you sail.

You can submit verification as soon as HAL is accepting requests for the OBC for your sailing date. I believe they are accepting through next June as of now, but could be off on that date.

This is the current fax number: 206-270-6080

Thank you Ruth! I knew you would have the answer and the 6 months prior to the phone call aspect didn't sound right! LuAnn

I'm a first time HAL also on the Grand Asia. How did you get the Internet benefit?

I'm a first time HAL also on the Grand Asia. How did you get the Internet benefit?

Not sure I can answer that for certain. I think it was a Vista suite, early booking, pay early or some combination of all of those that got me the time; along with some other things in the package.

One session only. Each person would have to have a separate login to be on simultaneously.

Tim, Not being HAL savy or computer savy...I don't quite understand. Do they just issue one login per cabin? Or will my wife get one and I will get one? Rick :confused:

Tim, Not being HAL savy or computer savy...I don't quite understand. Do they just issue one login per cabin? Or will my wife get one and I will get one? Rick :confused:

My understanding is one login. I don't know if they can split the minutes to give two logins.

Hi

Iv'e read all the pages on this thread but can't remember if I came across any information regarding tenders. I've tried searching too but can't find an answer to my question. I notice that Bar Harbor is a tender port and we are looking at booking a tour not organised by the ship (Zuiderdam). Our arrival time in port is 7am and we would need to be on the tender pier at 9am. Would we be likely to encounter any problems with this schedule? What is the disembarkation procedure on Zuiderdam?

Thanks

Gayle

Hi

Iv'e read all the pages on this thread but can't remember if I came across any information regarding tenders. I've tried searching too but can't find an answer to my question. I notice that Bar Harbor is a tender port and we are looking at booking a tour not organised by the ship (Zuiderdam). Our arrival time in port is 7am and we would need to be on the tender pier at 9am. Would we be likely to encounter any problems with this schedule? What is the disembarkation procedure on Zuiderdam?

Thanks

Gayle

Are you coming from Canada or Boston? A Canadian port just before will mean immigration procedures before any one can disembark and HAL tours usually have preference.

Are you coming from Canada or Boston? A Canadian port just before will mean immigration procedures before any one can disembark and HAL tours usually have preference.

I suspected as much. We will be in Halifax the day before. It's Oli's Trollys at 9:30am we are considering. Do you think we might be delayed enough to miss it? They do the same tour every day at the same time.

Gayle

I suspected as much. We will be in Halifax the day before. It's Oli's Trollys at 9:30am we are considering. Do you think we might be delayed enough to miss it? They do the same tour every day at the same time.

Gayle

I've only been there once, but got caught in the immigration delay.

Maybe someone else has been there more times and can give a better answer.

Question about game sets...Does HAL have Mah Jongg sets on board all their ships?...I will be on the Oosterdam. Also is there a place near Guest Relations to post a notice regarding looking for other players...or is their a card/game room on the ship where you would put that info? Thanks! LuAnn

Question about game sets...Does HAL have Mah Jongg sets on board all their ships?...I will be on the Oosterdam. Also is there a place near Guest Relations to post a notice regarding looking for other players...or is their a card/game room on the ship where you would put that info? Thanks! LuAnn

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53714980&highlight=Mah+Jongg#post53714980

I have a liquor package question. This our first time on HAL and our first time to consider purchasing a liquor package. We're looking at pre-buying the $45 package - they have just updated the cost of drinks covered to $9 each. Question, will this cover the majority of drinks ( alcohol & fancy coffees) Don't want to purchase and then find out the drinks we like are not covered. Did see a drink menu posted and it looked like the majority would be covered but don't know what date the menu was from. We could wait and buy on board but the package is $5.00 more per day x 16 days x 2 people so extra $180.

thanks for any help that will help me make my decision. Don't usually drink 15 drinks a day but would like to not think about it.