The travel channel is rating ships ,that's a hot one

dolittle

So I open the travel section in my paper this moring ( Phila.Inq.) and it has a list of the best ship, family cruise, Alaska cruise and so forth and hear it says the list is from the Travel Channel. WHAT the travel channel a channel that has no shows about cruising (or much travel for that matter)I mean what was the last new show they have had on cruising I think it was 09 in fact almost all shows on T.V. that are on cruse ships are NOT on the T.C. I mean talk about a bogus list maybe you guy's should stick to the best haunted houses ,hamburger the size of hub caps(not that there's anything wrong with that) or the other non travel shows that crowd your channel. Be a travel channel or don't but stick with what you know and it sure is not cruising.

So I open the travel section in my paper this moring ( Phila.Inq.) and it has a list of the best ship, family cruise, Alaska cruise and so forth and hear it says the list is from the Travel Channel. WHAT the travel channel a channel that has no shows about cruising (or much travel for that matter)I mean what was the last new show they have had on cruising I think it was 09 in fact almost all shows on T.V. that are on cruse ships are NOT on the T.C. I mean talk about a bogus list maybe you guy's should stick to the best haunted houses ,hamburger the size of hub caps(not that there's anything wrong with that) or the other non travel shows that crowd your channel. Be a travel channel or don't but stick with what you know and it sure is not cruising.

America wants to know...Which were their picks?

I haven't watched the Travel Channel since they lost Samantha Brown and Anthony Bourdain. :rolleyes:

Me too!

In fact, the last travel show I saw on TC with Samantha Brown was when the Oasis first came out and she did a "show" on it. More like a commercial.

Me too!

In fact, the last travel show I saw on TC with Samantha Brown was when the Oasis first came out and she did a "show" on it. More like a commercial.

Samantha Brown is now the "Travel Ambassador" for AARP and can be found at the AARP Life @ 50+ conventions. We saw her in Las Vegas last year and will see her again in San Diego in Sept. She showed us pictures of her twins--really cute. She does have good information and takes questions--within reason.

Me too!

I totally agree!! I haven't watched the TC since Samantha Brown did a show from Venice when she was expecting her twins. Always enjoyed her travel shows and good info; I have so many recorded on my DVR. I watch them and dream of visiting some of them one day. While surfing the TV guide, I go by the station and look at what's on, and there is nothing on travel except for food and ghost stories; and they have lots of ghost stories and haunted houses. That's travel?? Even Rick Steves had a comment on a website article about not believing what you see on TC as it's not what it used to be...travel!

PBS. They have several travel shows and not just Rick Steves whose shows and style I don't favor. "Globe Trekker" is excellent as is "Rudy Maxa's World."

The Wealth Channel has some good travel programming as well.

Edited by Bookish Angel