How do you get in the Concierge Lounge?

kybill

I am going on my 1st RCI cruise in Oct. and I think the Concierge lounge should be for Suite people only.

there is a good chance that I will be spending more money on my one RCI cruise than some of the Diamond cruiser have spent on there 10, 20 30 cruises.

I would rather see suite cruisers invite their friends to the concierge instead of Diamond cruisers.

WOW! I too hope this is a joke :confused:

###

I can't believe that someone has the nerve to tell me, a Diamond Plus member, who has been in suites, balcony rooms and outside rooms, I have no right to be there!! You are the most self-centered individual I have ever seen on here. I don't care that you are in a suite, you still have no class. Somehow I think your friends will be the same, but they will be invited by you to the Concierge room. I rarely get this mad, but you sure have pushed my buttons. Maybe you should go on another line as RCI is probably beneath you.

Katie

I was under the impression that a cabin mate who was not eligible on his/her own to have access to the Concierge Lounge was legitimately entitled to accompany me (a Diamond member) into the lounge. I was given that impression by the concierge on the Serenade (Maritza). She obviously understood that, if I had to go to the lounge but leave my cabin mate behind, I would not feel right using it myself. Before I am blasted, this was a hypothetical question to the concierge...on that particular cruise, I was with my husband, another Diamond member, and have never taken an "unqualified" guest into the lounge. And I am not talking about friends or family members in other cabins, or children during the drinks hour, but about one adult cabin mate.

Access to the Concierge Lounge was a wonderful addition to our cruise, and, frankly, is our biggest single motivation to continue to travel on RCCL. On the Serenade, even during Spring Break week, we never had overcrowding or errant children in the lounge.

You're right Judy, the room is unmarked. You also won't find it on any maps on the ship. We didn't realize that until our Concierge told us.

PhoenixCruiser and PCur - thanks for letting Erick know where the lounge was on the deck plans. I didn't explain myself very well in my first post. I meant that the Concierge Lounge is not named/shown on any of the little maps/diagrams that are actually on the ship like the ones near the elevators.

I am going on my 1st RCI cruise in Oct. and I think the Concierge lounge should be for Suite people only. This is my 1st cruise on RCI and I am in an OS. Why should a Diamond member in an inside stateroom get the same treatment as me.

I understand that you have been on many RCI cruises and they should do something for you, however there is a good chance that I will be spending more money on my one RCI cruise than some of the Diamond cruiser have spent on there 10, 20 30 cruises.

I would rather see suite cruisers invite their friends to the concierge instead of Diamond cruisers. So what if you have had many cruises on a cruise line you have not paid for the special services.

I understand that a suite friend might not have paid for the service, however the person bringing them in the room did.

Maybe they should have another room for repeat customers. Again I bet anybody (unless in the Royal Suite) is paying less for there cruise than I am. Why should someone who is paying less get the same andvanages as me?

WOW! You're kinda full of yourself aren't you. You haven't even been on an RCCL cruise and you think you deserve more than me and other people that have been on many. I'm glad I'm not sailing anywhere in October I wouldn't want to run into someone so pompous on any of my cruises.

FYI. If you pay less for the rooms you can cruise more. Who's the smart one now.

herecomesthesun:

Charles4515: The bottom line is that the Concierge lounge is a special perk and should be treated that way. Saying, "well, someone invited me and I know we're breaking the rules, but it's not my fault" is a rationalization--we seem to have more and more of those everyday.

BTW, I don't "worry" about pax who cheat this way. I consider it a matter of right and wrong. But your wrong is your problem. This is a public forum; what did you expect? That we would all say, "hey, great; let's all try to get into the Concierge lounge; maybe it's big enough to hold all 2000 or more pax onboard!" (We must let everyone in because after all, where do you draw the line? behind you?)

I realize it doesn't matter what we think, you'll rationalize doing something you know isn't right by saying that it wasn't your idea.

beachchick

Of course I don't care what you think. Nor does it bother me what anyone says. If in the future someone who has the card invites me into the lounge I will do the same as last time, accept.

I am going on my 1st RCI cruise in Oct. and I think the Concierge lounge should be for Suite people only. This is my 1st cruise on RCI and I am in an OS. Why should a Diamond member in an inside stateroom get the same treatment as me.

I understand that you have been on many RCI cruises and they should do something for you, however there is a good chance that I will be spending more money on my one RCI cruise than some of the Diamond cruiser have spent on there 10, 20 30 cruises.

I would rather see suite cruisers invite their friends to the concierge instead of Diamond cruisers. So what if you have had many cruises on a cruise line you have not paid for the special services.

I understand that a suite friend might not have paid for the service, however the person bringing them in the room did.

Maybe they should have another room for repeat customers. Again I bet anybody (unless in the Royal Suite) is paying less for there cruise than I am. Why should someone who is paying less get the same andvanages as me?

The answer to your question is very simple: Royal Caribbean has decided that its most loyal guests deserve the same recognition that they accord to those who occupy their suites. It really isn't up to you to decide who should receive which rewards. If you disagree with their decision you are free to sail with other companies who may value $$ over loyalty. When we first started cruising, one of the nice features of most cruiselines was that once you were outside your cabin, you were treated exactly like every other guest, regardless of what you paid. Any amenities that a suite occupant received were usually restricted to amenities within the suites. More recently, lines have begun to offer their most loyal guests special perks such as concierge lounges. It was a business decision designed to maintain and expand their customer base in what has become a very competitive industry. Basing perks solely on what someone pays for his or her cruise reinstalls a class system onboard. You don't even know what the person in the suite next to you may actually have paid, so would you demand to see their payment record to make sure they weren't getting the same or better perks than you?

In some instances, money can't buy everything. One thing it obviously can't buy is class.

Wow! :eek: The first thing I thought when I saw this post was that we had another tr*ll on our hands. Guess not, just another (nevermind, that statement would get me banned!)

I can't believe that someone has the nerve to tell me, a Diamond Plus member, who has been in suites, balcony rooms and outside rooms, I have no right to be there!! You are the most self-centered individual I have ever seen on here. I don't care that you are in a suite, you still have no class. Somehow I think your friends will be the same, but they will be invited by you to the Concierge room. I rarely get this mad, but you sure have pushed my buttons. Maybe you should go on another line as RCI is probably beneath you.

Katie

Thank you Katie, I couldn't have said it better!!!!

You people get so upset over 1 post.

Come-on read my other post when have I ever posted something that was so one sided.

Some of you are ridicules and you are the reason why people never come back. Do you really type before you read?

All you people that responded before you read the whole thread...............

You people get so upset over 1 post.

Come-on read my other post when have I ever posted something that was so one sided.

Some of you are ridicules and you are the reason why people never come back. Do you really type before you read?

All you people that responded before you read the whole thread...............

OK, I read the whole thread again after seeing your post above. I wanted to be fair and make sure I got it all, so I reread it from the start.

First of all, VACruizin: I did indeed think you really meant there was just no sign, but it's on the deck plan. I just wanted the readers to know that you can find it from the plans.

Now then, dei6360, to use your logic: I'll stack my payments over the last 32 years over your cruise any time, and by virture of having paid more, I should indeed be able to use the Concierge Lounge.

Perhaps you aren't aware, but the lounge is one of the Crown and Anchor Program perks, which is the loyalty program for frequent cruisers. So, to answer your question, THAT'S why we are eligible for the same priviledge as the higher price you've paid: we've paid plenty, too.

Just so you know.

I think dei6360 meant that she was joking, and that previous post was a tongue-in-cheek one aimed at those who think nothing should be withheld them, whether earned or not--the "it's my vacation so I'll do exactly as I please and to heck with anyone else" crowd...at least I hope that is the case...

I think dei6360 meant that she was joking, and that previous post was a tongue-in-cheek one aimed at those who think nothing should be withheld them, whether earned or not--the "it's my vacation so I'll do exactly as I please and to heck with anyone else" crowd...at least I hope that is the case...
I think it was a joke posting as well -- just doesn't seem possible that they were serious!:confused:

As first-time RCI cruisers who happen to be in a suite, we will enjoy meeting all the Diamond C & A members on board in the Concierge lounge...what a wonderful opportunity to meet people who have traveled extensively, and who can probably give us great ideas for future trips!:D

If it was a joke I apologize for what I said. If it was not a joke I stand by what I said. I will trust you that it was a joke just because I don't want to believe that someone can be that pompous and arrogant.

is Concierge Lounge available on the Rhapsody? first time with RCI
To quote myself from Post #6 of THIS thread, baeco:

Concierge Lounge available on:

Freedom

All Voyager class: Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner

All Radiance class: Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade, Jewel

Enchantment

Oh, and the new Concierge Lounge on the Enchantment is clearly marked on all corridor signs and has a sign on its outer wall. It's not hiding at all. One entire wall is windows. Giuseppe was so active in meeting and greeting all the guests, that he would have known if someone didn't "belong."

Carol

We had Giuseppe (I assume it's the same person) on the Radiance a few years ago. He was great!

BTW, on that particular cruise the Concierge lounge was PACKED every night....usually standing room only. The lounge on the Explorer was much larger and less crowded. While the windows in the Radiance-class lounge are nice, we spent the most time in the lounge at night - when it was dark, so I really preferred the larger size on the Explorer. Although, I have no idea why they decided to place it on deck 9 when all of the suites are on deck 10.

While I am all for keeping the service available to Diamond members, I have a feeling that when I finally reach that level (only 8 more cruises! :) ), it will either be a suite-only benefit or the most desireable perks (aka free alcohol) will be reduced/eliminated. If a couple books a $700/pp inside cabin, but spends an hour+ in the lounge every night drinking like a fish, RCCL has to be losing money on that couple. And with every passing year, the number of members with diamond-status will only increase, especially now with many Celebrity cruisers getting RCCL benefits.

On NOS 6th August we used the concierge every evening for drinks and usually during the afternoon for coffee. There were usually only 3 other couples in their as well as ourselves and sometimes during the day it was empty. I don't think there would be a problem with anyone sneeking in as Francois the concierge knew everybody personally within a day. This was the best part of our cruise and thoroughly enjoyed meeting other people for pre-dinner drinks. We did take take the children in their during the day but only if I needed to speak to the concierge and I certainly didn't see any children in there after 5.00 pm.

My goodness!!!! What a snooty attitude! You should have booked Crystal Cruises or one of the really expensive lines rather than RCI. I'm glad you're not on our upcoming cruises. Some of us, who are Diamond C & A members, are actually hard-working middle class travelers. We would be much more comfortable rubbing elbows with travelers or all diversities than merely with the few Suite passengers who fancy themselves as better than the rest of us.

I'm about to take my third cruise with RCI (all suites) and I don't have any issues with Diamond C&A members allowed into the lounge, as a matter of fact, I feel that they've more than earned the right to be there over someone who has simply paid his way in by being a first time cruise who happened to get a suite.

With that said, I'm absolutely, positively against anybody allowing any passenger in who is NOT allowed to be there. Sneaking in, bringing in your best buddies, etc is rude to say the least. If you think I'm wrong, then I'm sure you won't mind if I allow anybody I meet to jump in front of you in the priority boarding line or my hot tub buddies to get priority tender tickets with me or maybe everybody I sit with at dinner will get priorty tickets to the ice show just because I don't want them to feel left out.....

It's a perk that one either pays for by being a suite guest or by earning it through loyalty to RCI.

Call me snooty but everybody else stay out.

... than merely with the few Suite passengers who fancy themselves as better than the rest of us.
Where did that come from?

Maybe some suite passengers have accomplished more than you, have more hair and money, and maybe some do not, but for the life of me I cannot understand this reverse snobbery.

Repeat business is a key element of continued success and RCI recognizes this. While I am certain they are pleased with your suite booking, it is both arrogant and presumptuous of you to assume that you will spend more aboard than those who travel in less expensive accomodations.

As an RCI cruiser with 45 cruises since the late 70s, I am quite pleased that RCI has chosen to recognize their loyal cruisers with this perk.

CG

Interesting thread. While we have cruised on RCCL in suites, and so far have not been on a ship with a concierge lounge, we look forward to the perk on the Jewel next spring. It will also be our first voyage a Diamond members. With a suite, we have always enjoyed having guests "in" our cabin for sail aways or special events. IMHO the concierge lounge should be there more for the Diamond and Diamond Plus members that may not have the space in their cabin to meet and mingle with other members that have cruised many times in the past. That truely is a C&A perk!

Rick

Archived