Yes, ANOTHER question about bringing wine aboard

I can't believe I'm asking this, but...

DD and I are sailing on NOS next Sunday. I am well aware that we can bring 2 bottles of wine on board. Generally, I carry the wine with me, but this time we are planning on boarding as early as possible, and I really don't want to tote two bottles of wine around till the rooms are ready. Can I put them in the luggage? Or will that send the luggage to the naughty room?? Any input appreciated...:confused:

We also decided that we did not want to hand carry 2 bottles of wine on board Best friend and I bubble wrapped them well in each of our suitcases and we had no problem. Most people will tell you that it's best to hand carry them. I would if it's an expensive bottle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I always pack an empty soft sided suitcase and pack our wine, water and sodas in it. We just stop at a store near the port or hotel since we have to fly the ships nowadays. By doing this, I don't have to carry my wine till the rooms are open, and since it goes to the "naughty" room, it doesn't hold up my luggage and I usually have that unpacked by the time I get the call to go to the "naughty" room. Oh, and I have those bubble wrapped wine bottle holders I bring with to put my wine in - haven't had any break yet!

I then use my extra suitcase for any trinkets that I have bought to bring home. :)

I can't believe I'm asking this, but...

DD and I are sailing on NOS next Sunday. I am well aware that we can bring 2 bottles of wine on board. Generally, I carry the wine with me, but this time we are planning on boarding as early as possible, and I really don't want to tote two bottles of wine around till the rooms are ready. Can I put them in the luggage? Or will that send the luggage to the naughty room?? Any input appreciated...:confused:

Good chance the bag will end up with security. However, once you go down and show them it's wine, they will release the bag and wine to you.

I guess we lucked out because our 4 suitcases arrived without a call to the "naughty room." I should add that my bags arrived over an hour after my friend's did. I was more worried our 2 cases of water would get "lost."

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We sent a checked bag with wine and bottled water to the ship from our hotel in Seward last year. It was waiting in our cabin when we arrived about 3 pm after a Kenai Fjords wildlife tour. So no visit to the naughty room for us. YMMV!

I took two boxes of wine on our last trip, packed in our cases no problems at all. Probably worth mentioning it wasn't to save money, I'd already booked and paid for the wine and beer package it was to save me walking back and too to the bar as we were in an aft so it was a trek to the nearest bar and we wanted to enjoy a glass or three on our gorgeous aft balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We flew in for our NOS cruise and thought we'd get our wine on the way to the port -----not! Texas doesn't allow alcohol sales before noon on Sundays.

Another reason for arriving the day before the cruise.:)

Just as an FYI, several weeks ago when we went to board the Enchantment in Port Canaveral, the baggage handler that took our luggage specifically asked us if there were any wine bottles in our luggage. Our wine was in our carry-on, so we were able to honestly answer "no". That is the first time we have been asked.

Good chance the bag will end up with security. However, once you go down and show them it's wine, they will release the bag and wine to you.

Just a thought..... If they release the wine to you in the "naughty room"... Whats to keep you (aside from just being an honest Joe) from putting two bottles in your luggage AND bringing two more in your carryon? Hummmm????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just a thought..... If they release the wine to you in the "naughty room"... Whats to keep you (aside from just being an honest Joe) from putting two bottles in your luggage AND bringing two more in your carryon? Hummmm????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Probably not much

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We flew in for our NOS cruise and thought we'd get our wine on the way to the port -----not! Texas doesn't allow alcohol sales before noon on Sundays.

That's 'cause y'all should be in church on Sunday morning! :D

Michigangirl, The Naughty Room is the frequent cruiser’s nickname for the room where the cruise line security sends suit cases that might have forbidden item tucked away in side them. These types of items can range from something as seemingly innocuous as a power strip or something more serious like a diving knife or a bottle of liquor. Probably the most popular reason that people get sent to the naughty room is the smuggling liquor. If bringing wine on board carry it on. Most cruise lines now allow 2 bottles per stateroom on embarking day.

Edited by clementine

I took two boxes of wine on our last trip, packed in our cases no problems at all. Probably worth mentioning it wasn't to save money, I'd already booked and paid for the wine and beer package it was to save me walking back and too to the bar as we were in an aft so it was a trek to the nearest bar and we wanted to enjoy a glass or three on our gorgeous aft balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can bring wine boxes?? I thought there was a size limit... That is great news...

Why do so many Americans who are so generous e.g. with additional gratuities, cover charges for more and more restaurants and onboard spendings overall make such big efforts to save a few bucks for two bottles of wine, coke and water? I would never think about carrying all this (heavy) stuff together with my luggage on a ship in my precious vacation time. No hard feelings but I`m just curious why this is such a big topic again and again.

Why do so many Americans who are so generous e.g. with additional gratuities, cover charges for more and more restaurants and onboard spendings overall make such big efforts to save a few bucks for two bottles of wine, coke and water? I would never think about carrying all this (heavy) stuff together with my luggage on a ship in my precious vacation time. No hard feelings but I`m just curious why this is such a big topic again and again.

Very good question.:)