emerald Princess?

fzbob

We r cruising on her in november and we have anytime dining. Do u know which dining room that is and is there a huge wait? Can u make a reservation?

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Forums mobile app

Michelangelo is the dining room always dedicated to anytime dining. The Da Vinci is used for an early traditional seating and then goes to anytime dining. Perhaps that is why it's easier to walk in and be seated immediately. We didn't even consider going to Michelangelo again after taking the host's recommendation to go to Da Vinci and avoid the lines.

:D

We are cruising on her in november and we have anytime dining. Is there a huge wait?

The amount of waiting time will depend on how many of the over a thousand anytime diners decide they want to eat at the same time you want to.

Many thanks for all your reply's, most interesting.:)

I'm not sure about the roll call thingy, as there are probably too many of us..lol. But it's a great idea otherwise.

I don't know if it's OK to advertize here, but I've just booked day excursions with an on-line site that has saved me £418 GBP (approx 690 dollars)

I used them on my maiden cruise and was very impressed, so thought it might be of some help to someone here (that is if you haven't already used them ;))

The site is called...

Worldwide cruise Excursions :-

http://www.cruisingexcursions.com/

Edited by fzbob

Very large cruise vessel, you can find places at the Lido if you go outside

back to seet. If weather is nice lovely. Had the best cabin attendent

every on this ship. Sabatini was lovely, nice location, and good food and service. The Crowne Grill, was just the opposite. We didn't even

eat our steaks, so poor in quality. Not much in the way of service, and certainly not work the upcharge. We were on the ship in July for

two cruises. Overall a great cruises.

If you booked your air through Princess, they will automatically rebook you. Princess insurance covers only your cruise, not independent air. If you have independent insurance, check your policy.

thanks for reply Pam.

I didn't ask the question for me exactly ( just interested) as i live just up the road from Southampton.;)

Can't wait to go on her now after all the glowing reviews :)

Edited by fzbob

Hi Guys/Gals.

I'm looking forward to a 14 night cruise in the Med with a few friends on the Emerald this September (leaving from Southampton).

Have any here been on this ship and can let me know what they thought of it please?

Also...The bay of Biscay...Is it really that rough?:eek:

Hi,

We are onboard at present sailing the chilly Baltic. Hope it warms up for the next around the Med. Great ship & CREW:)

Paul

Hi,

We are onboard at present sailing the chilly Baltic. Hope it warms up for the next around the Med. Great ship & CREW:)

Paul

Hi,

Thanks for reply.:)

I guess it doesn't matter too much about the weather as long as the ship is good eh

How's the food?

Have a great trip.

Edited by fzbob

Hi,

Thanks for reply.:)

I guess it doesn't matter too much about the weather as long as the ship is good eh

How's the food?

Have a great trip.

Just arriving in Copenhagen.

Try Vines for a snack of tapas and / or sushi.

International Cafe for light snacks but watch the calories with the choice of pastries and cakes...gelato also.

Main dinning areas have the usual standard of food.

Horizon hasn't disappointed, but mainly dine in Michelangelo.

Crooners has a wonderful selection of stuffed olives.

There is always somewhere to eat but the service and quality is good no matter where on the ship. Oh, and the pizza is the best you'll have anywhere:D

Paul

I'm so excited to read all these great comments about the Emerald! Today, I booked the Christmas cruise for me, my spouse and our two adult children. We are so looking forward to all getting together for the first time in a year.

I've been on the Emerald Princess for three Christmases in a row and have lots of info and photos of the decorated ship and activities on my blog:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

You'll have a great time! The Emerald Princess is a very special ship.

I've been on the Emerald Princess for three Christmases in a row and have lots of info and photos of the decorated ship and activities on my blog:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

You'll have a great time! The Emerald Princess is a very special ship.

Were you there in St Kitts this Christmas Day just gone? We were there on the Royal clipper.!

• 3 weeks later...

We did the transatlantic on the Emerald back in April.it was one of the nicest cruises I have been on. Enjoyed everything ! Comfy beds, great balcony, good lecturers, wonderful fresh donuts from the IC, Excellent service and outstanding shore excursions.After spending a week in England we sailed back on the Queen Mary. I would take the Emerald hands down over QM2 any day.

Hi Guys/Gals.

I'm looking forward to a 14 night cruise in the Med with a few friends on the Emerald this September (leaving from Southampton).

Have any here been on this ship and can let me know what they thought of it please?

Also...The bay of Biscay...Is it really that rough?:eek:

We enjoyed a fabulous 17-day cruise of the Mediterranean and Adriatic on Emerald in June, and although we've cruised many times before (and adore QM2) this was the best cruise ever! The ports were magical, the social/entertainment staff excellent, the food very good, and even the Bay of Biscay was cooperative! As this cruise was round trip from Southampton, it was very convenient for us, and the fact that the passengers were overwhelmingly British (we aren't) added to the lively, fun experience. We now look forward to a transatlantic on Emerald next year.

thanks for the reply's.

Good to know you were happy with the beds.

I asked originally because I suffer a bit with my neck & back (great getting old :rolleyes:).

My own fault I guess, too much sport when I was younger taking it's toll now.

Edited by fzbob