Princess Upgraded & switched us to a cruise a day earlier

Katjoy

:D An hour ago I received a call from Princess Cruise Line asking if we'd be willing to switch to a cruise leaving out of Seattle a day earlier.

First of all, I have to say I am beyond excited.

I was told our cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Seattle for Alaska (Tracy Arm) this Sunday August 24th is over booked. The Princess Rep said he was calling locals living near Seattle to make the switch.

He switched us to the Golden Princess (Glacier Bay) leaving Seattle tomorrow Saturday August 23rd.

On the Grand we booked a guarantee balcony. They had assigned us B733.

Now on the Golden Princess they upgraded us to a Mini Suite D724. :D

We've stayed in a Mini Suite previously on the Dolphin Deck & loved it.

For this cruise leaving tomorrow we will cruise through Glacier Bay. I am beyond happy about this because previously we've only cruised through Tracy Arm.

I love the Golden Princess, love Princess Cruise Line, & am in scramble mode to get packed a day earlier. ***So so so EXCITED for the upgrade & itinerary switch.

I would have checked on an OBC since you were helping them out

Since they are happy with the change (cabin and itinerary) and undoubtedly don't have to deal with hotels and flights, why should they try to press for more.

Of our two move over offers, both were for cruises from our home port. The first was for a cruise we were taking the next day and would have been a full refund and an upgrade from lowest category of cabin to a balcony if we waited a few weeks. Yep, that's it. We didn't take them up on it for a variety of reasons, but we could have. I'm sure when they didn't hear from us, they went to the next name on their list. The second one was a few weeks before the sailing date and was a 50% refund. But we couldn't go on a later date (had to go during winter break from school). Again, I'm sure they found takers.

That's an exciting turn of events. If you're like me, you've been packing for at least a few days and to speed up your departure isn't too much of a hardship.

Congratulations--how I wished we lived close enough to an embarkation port to get those special phone calls. Enjoy Alaska and that mini-suite!

We live in the middle of the US and have gotten them twice but could not take advantage of them. The funny thing is, when we got on the ship and talked with others living within driving distance and booked in the same category, they hadn't been called. Sounds like Princess has injected some common sense into the exercise now.

:D Have a wonderful trip. We were in D714 last month on the Golden. I loved the trip and expect that you will also. The room location was perfect, and we had a very nice time interacting with our room steward. His name was Julio, and I bet you may have him as your steward as well. Enjoy! I really loved being on the port side of the ship to watch everything that was going on at the piers when they were loading the supplies and securing the lines etc. Have a wonderful time and enjoy a Nojito for me. Gosh they were good.;)

I hope that someday something of this sort will come our way. If it ever does, hopefully we will be able to grab it with both hands and hold on tight. :)

Congratulations on your good fortune. Have a wonderful cruise.

:D An hour ago I received a call from Princess Cruise Line asking if we'd be willing to switch to a cruise leaving out of Seattle a day earlier.

First of all, I have to say I am beyond excited.

I was told our cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Seattle for Alaska (Tracy Arm) this Sunday August 24th is over booked. The Princess Rep said he was calling locals living near Seattle to make the switch.

He switched us to the Golden Princess (Glacier Bay) leaving Seattle tomorrow Saturday August 23rd.

On the Grand we booked a guarantee balcony. They had assigned us B733

Now on the Golden Princess they upgraded us to a Mini Suite D724. :D

We've stayed in a Mini Suite previously on the Dolphin Deck & loved it.

For this cruise leaving tomorrow we will cruise through Glacier Bay. I am beyond happy about this because previously we've only cruised through Tracy Arm.

I love the Golden Princess, love Princess Cruise Line, & am in scramble mode to get packed a day earlier. ***So so so EXCITED for the upgrade & itinerary switch.

My wife and I received a move over a number of years ago on a carrebean cruise and we received a mini suite and my wife also received a free cruise. I believe you ought to have been better compensated.