Just booked Reflection - a new cruiseline for us!

Sunshine101

Hi folks!

I'm new to the Celebrity boards, as we just booked a Jan cruise on the Reflection with our besties (they had to twist our arm to come with them, haha). No kiddos this time, just the adults. Eeek! Fun!

Looking forward to surfing around on these Celebrity boards, and asking some questions from you experts. :)

Me too!!!! I just booked the Reflection for Jan 24th! I kind of jumped the gun as my DB & DSIL will be going with us and we hadn't quite nailed down the cruise but this one still had a corner aft S1 that I really wanted! Hope the want this one - or I may have to do a B2B! :D

First Celebrity for us - really impressed so far!

Welcome to Celebrity. We have not sailed on Reflection but we have sailed on three of the other S class ships which are similar to Reflection.

What cruise lines have you sailed with?

We really enjoy the friendliness of the crew, officers etc on Celebrity. We also enjoy the food. We have never had a bad cruise with them in 20 years, so I would say we are hooked on Celebrity.

Enjoy your cruise.

We sailed Reflection in January 2013, it was the 4th loop of the Caribbean she made after coming to the Caribbean. We usually cruise RCC the sister company.

Reflection is a fantastic ship, so much so we are sailing her again September 5th 2014 on an Eastern Mediterranean cruise. Reflection was our first Celebrity sailing. It is a bit more quite than other ships but the crew is fantastic. You have to enjoy the Lawn Grill, Sunset bar, martini bar and all the specialty restaurants. We have been to the islands so many times we just stay on the ship.

We are sailing on the Getaway January 31st 2015 and will be our first NCL sailing. First are so much fun. :D

If you have any specific questions let me know. Enjoy the cruise! :)

Me too!!!! I just booked the Reflection for Jan 24th! I kind of jumped the gun as my DB & DSIL will be going with us and we hadn't quite nailed down the cruise but this one still had a corner aft S1 that I really wanted! Hope the want this one - or I may have to do a B2B! :D

First Celebrity for us - really impressed so far!

I hope your corner S1 is not 1688. We had that one on Reflection, and the entire starboard side of the balcony was obstructed by a huge window washing contraption. :eek:

Welcome to Celebrity. We have not sailed on Reflection but we have sailed on three of the other S class ships which are similar to Reflection.

What cruise lines have you sailed with?

We really enjoy the friendliness of the crew, officers etc on Celebrity. We also enjoy the food. We have never had a bad cruise with them in 20 years, so I would say we are hooked on Celebrity.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! We've done RCCL mostly and did NCL last December. :)

Hi folks!

I'm new to the Celebrity boards, as we just booked a Jan cruise on the Reflection with our besties (they had to twist our arm to come with them, haha). No kiddos this time, just the adults. Eeek! Fun!

Looking forward to surfing around on these Celebrity boards, and asking some questions from you experts. :)

I am sure you will have a great cruise!

Been cruising for a while and are taking our 2nd Celebrity cruise in January. Did Reflection eastern in March 2013 and will be doing Reflection western on January 17th. Loved that ship. Just did NCL Getaway in June. Stayed in The Haven. Enjoyed it, but we liked The Reflection more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

We sailed Reflection in January 2013, it was the 4th loop of the Caribbean she made after coming to the Caribbean. We usually cruise RCC the sister company.

Reflection is a fantastic ship, so much so we are sailing her again September 5th 2014 on an Eastern Mediterranean cruise. Reflection was our first Celebrity sailing. It is a bit more quite than other ships but the crew is fantastic. You have to enjoy the Lawn Grill, Sunset bar, martini bar and all the specialty restaurants.

We were on Reflection this January to get away from the hideous winter we had in Wisconsin. Our favorite was the Molecular Bar. Very odd drinks but very good, done with flair and a lot of fun.

I did write a long review. You might look it up.

Dan & Audrey

Been cruising for a while and are taking our 2nd Celebrity cruise in January. Did Reflection eastern in March 2013 and will be doing Reflection western on January 17th. Loved that ship. Just did NCL Getaway in June. Stayed in The Haven. Enjoyed it, but we liked The Reflection more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Miataman19:

Did you write a review of your Getaway cruise? We are sailing on Getaway in the Haven January 31st 2015. We booked the aft Penthouse suite on deck 12. This will be our first NCL cruise. As stated in lower post we sailed Reflection in 2013 and back next week on her.

Thanks

Hi folks!

What date? We are January 10, and our roll call has become quite active! We already have 30 people signed up for a meet and greet. We love Reflection, let us know if you have any questions!

Miataman19:

Did you write a review of your Getaway cruise? We are sailing on Getaway in the Haven January 31st 2015. We booked the aft Penthouse suite on deck 12. This will be our first NCL cruise. As stated in lower post we sailed Reflection in 2013 and back next week on her.

Thanks

I didn't write a review, we did like the Getaway and loved The Haven. We're more traditional cruiser's and didn't care for the "Freestyle" concept. Great for most but not us. Sailed a ton with NCL prior to "Freestyle" and enjoyed cruising with them. We absolutely loved The Reflection. Maybe I'm just getting old but the layed back atmosphere, great service and awesome food won us over. With that said, we'll see if Reflection can deliver again. I'm thinking she will..:D

I didn't write a review, we did like the Getaway and loved The Haven. We're more traditional cruiser's and didn't care for the "Freestyle" concept. Great for most but not us. Sailed a ton with NCL prior to "Freestyle" and enjoyed cruising with them. We absolutely loved The Reflection. Maybe I'm just getting old but the layed back atmosphere, great service and awesome food won us over. With that said, we'll see if Reflection can deliver again. I'm thinking she will..:D

Thanks for the info and view point. We are more traditional also on the dining, but will see what NCL offers. I hear the Haven dining area is great.

Will post when we return on the return to Reflection! :D

We were on Reflection this January to get away from the hideous winter we had in Wisconsin. Our favorite was the Molecular Bar. Very odd drinks but very good, done with flair and a lot of fun.

I did write a long review. You might look it up.

Dan & Audrey

Thanks D&A, I most certainly will! :)

What date? We are January 10, and our roll call has become quite active! We already have 30 people signed up for a meet and greet. We love Reflection, let us know if you have any questions!

Jan 31! Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll have questions as they pop into my head! :)

Welcome to The Celebrity Reflection and for that matter, The Celebrity Cruises way of life!

Here are a couple of wonderful informative videos of The Reflection that you will enjoy!

Enjoy your cruise. There is NOTHING like Celebrity Cruise Lines.

Wonderful videos! The cabin tour was great! We're in a 1A cabin as well, so this was very helpful. Is there a docking station in the cabins for an ipod, ect?

Cheers!