Elite Benefits silly question

downundermatt

We are about to embark on our first Cruise as Elite Members, and have a query re the benefits. (apologies if this seems silly, but I can't find the answer on the website)

The website lists benefits such as one bag of laundry or one piece of dry cleaning.

Is this per Elite Member or per Cabin ?

Am assuming we both are entitled to a bag or a piece each as we are both Elite ?

We are about to embark on our first Cruise as Elite Members, and have a query re the benefits. (apologies if this seems silly, but I can't find the answer on the website)

The website lists benefits such as one bag of laundry or one piece of dry cleaning.

Am assuming we both are entitled to a bag or a piece each as we are both Elite ?

You will both get the bag of laundry/dry cleaning and both get any other Elite perks.

Look on Celebrity Website under Captains' Club benefits. Check each category;you will receive all benefits up to and including the Elite status. If each is an Elite member you will both receive the bag of laundry and an item for dry cleaning.

Just be sure to read the fine print. There usually is a limit on how late in the cruise you can send out the free laundry to be done, something like three days before the end of the cruise.

We had so many elites on our last cruise that it took three days to get the laundry back. If I had known that before I sent it out I would've been more careful because there were certain items I was waiting for and needed!

We just completed our first cruise as Elite's and loved the laundry perks! Funny how getting something for free that you used to pay for makes you feel special :D

In all instances (dry cleaning/laundry) our items were given to the cabin attendant one morning and we returned to us mid-afternoon the following day. No delays.

As far as the bag of laundry, keep in mind that some itineraries limit the bag to 20 items while others allow 30 items. We did the baltic and were limited to 20 items (not sure how you'd actually fit 30 items in the bag).

Agreed - we have used two bags as well if needed. We have never had an experience where it took over a day. I would definitely talk with my room steward if it was that late - we have had one or two occasions where a piece (in this case dry cleaning) 'got lost' temporarily and he/she tracked it down for us pronto.

Also, if you don't already know, be advised that clothes come back folded (don't know if they do this for just the free laundry, or all which is why I mention it). Unless you are in a suite where the butler can intervene for you, even if you ask for shirts to be on hangers they will come back folded and in a bag. Also, it has been our experience that they use very hot water for washing but I would presume you already know that as well - but for the benefit of others reading this....

I have also used the 2 free pressing coupons in the same bag and just put a star on the items I want pressed as well as laundered. It works well. Love all the perks.

Thanks for that tip! Usually, by the time we use our free elite laundry coupon, it's too late to think about using the coupon for free pressing. I'll try that, next time! :cool:

Agreed - we have used two bags as well if needed. We have never had an experience where it took over a day. I would definitely talk with my room steward if it was that late - we have had one or two occasions where a piece (in this case dry cleaning) 'got lost' temporarily and he/she tracked it down for us pronto.

Also, if you don't already know, be advised that clothes come back folded (don't know if they do this for just the free laundry, or all which is why I mention it). Unless you are in a suite where the butler can intervene for you, even if you ask for shirts to be on hangers they will come back folded and in a bag. Also, it has been our experience that they use very hot water for washing but I would presume you already know that as well - but for the benefit of others reading this....

As mentioned, there were many many elites on this cruise, well over 1000. All of our elite friends were also experiencing the same delays so I think the laundry must have gotten very backed up. That, however, has not been the case on prior Cruises.