What on earth is going on RCI???

Having spent a career in IT I have never seen the level of ineptitude RCI has shown us. Makes me think they have no place to test new code but on the live system which makes us all system testers.

No need to think it.

Celebrity's web page had an error coming up for a couple of weeks saying "Only for staging environment. Not for release to production."

Great testing huh.

No need to think it.

Celebrity's web page had an error coming up for a couple of weeks saying "Only for staging environment. Not for release to production."

Great testing huh.

LOL. Something tells me they skipped an environment... usually the one right before release to production :)

Of course, that's assuming they are set up well enough.

No need to think it.

Great testing huh.

So they proved what many of us thought.

Cruise price and balance has gone back to normal but its still showing for me to pay $800 now, the due date for it was 12 Jan 2014?

I booked this cruise April 2014 so it looks like they still want a deposit of sorts by mistake but due 12 Jan before I even booked. lol

Its pointless me booking RCI with a travel agent when I use a FCC because Australian travel agents do not give any perks! I am now forced by RCI to purchase FCC,s in Australian dollars so I cant use a US T/A.

The only good news is my requested and waitlisted late Trad dinning time is now showing instead of MTD:) which says to me it was definitely a pre paid gratuity grab at booking given the cruise is still 7 months out!

Just logged on to RCI to check my cruise and low and behold RCI have increased my final payment by almost $2000:confused: not only that I have a Payment due "now" of $800:confused: I dont sail until April 2015 and I booked with a NCC

What is going on with the web site??? talk about incompetence! lol

I am not worried, if they dont fix it by themselves I just wont go lol

Last time the above happened to me, the person at C&A who fixed it told me to NEVER look at your bookings that include any kind of special pricing thru the "My Cruises" link. Always go through the Before You Board/Countdown to Cruise path. I now follow that advice and have not had another phantom increase (so far)

Last time the above happened to me, the person at C&A who fixed it told me to NEVER look at your bookings that include any kind of special pricing thru the "My Cruises" link. Always go through the Before You Board/Countdown to Cruise path. I now follow that advice and have not had another phantom increase (so far)

Just curious but did you book on-line?

I book direct with RCI but over the phone, always log in through my cruises and have had no pricing issues. Others who have booked through a TA also have had no issues.

I have heard that if your booking is not with a ta it will recalculate if you enter the booking

Heard this reasoning from a few that it has happened to

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Strange how over one night it re calculated it back down though dont you think?

And strange I have an $800 payment due "now" requested on a date before I even booked and my booking is still there? lol

That really fixed the web problem lol:D:D:D

Just went down your path and it looks like I have been cancelled out:eek:

Total fare showwing $0

Total balance $0

Outstanding balance $ -200 which was my FCC plus $100 deposit for second person!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that based on my personal experience, your booking should be safe from unintended modification because it's a travel agent booking.

However, I'd wait a bit and see if anyone chimes in here to prove my theory is wrong.

Having no problems with mine, and booked directly with RCI (by phone, not online). We have booked tours & entertainment by going thru the "before you board" tab.

Having no problems with mine, and booked directly with RCI (by phone, not online). We have booked tours & entertainment by going thru the "before you board" tab.

I booked via telephone direct with RCI as well but from Australia so it seems to be a random problem?

I booked via telephone direct with RCI as well but from Australia so it seems to be a random problem?

Could be. I did have the repricing gremlin hit a couple times for last year's cruise, but always got fixed. Guess they're keeping things interesting for us; unfortunately I don't need that!

Just curious but did you book on-line?

I book direct with RCI but over the phone, always log in through my cruises and have had no pricing issues. Others who have booked through a TA also have had no issues.

The future booking I had trouble with whenever I went to My Cruises was Anthem next November and I made the booking face- to-face at the Next Cruise desk onboard a recent RCI cruise on Grandeur.

Very true and very SAD:(

I know they told me that too and I haven't logged into my cruise since May shortly after we got back. I honestly love royal but their website sucks, can I say sucks on here well too late I did :D

I booked a week ago under the WOW sale for next October and since it was the sale first passenger full price and second half price. Book a Jr Suite and for sale only had to pay one half of deposit 250.00. I check the web sight and it says payment due 500.00 and also has that I payed the deposit so I call RCI and say what's up first person I talked to seem I am sorry to say clueless. I called back a second time and said hey I want that fixed under my booking. The agent put me on hold came back and said not to worry that it's a standard form and since it was WOW sale it was half price deposit. He said they could not change it. I think I will call back and talk to a supervisor about this. I am sailing on same ship in two weeks maybe check with them also. I don't like the fact it says payment due. I should not owe anything till final payment time next August.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Happened to log on to my RCI account just before coming over to CC and had a good laugh ... seems my "total cost" (I think is what it stated) is $13,267.50 (for 2 people) :confused: Say whaaaaaaaat???? :eek: Maybe the "fairy" upgraded us to a "Superior Grandest Suite Ever" without asking ??? Maybe our ship and itinerary has changed and we're going on a Mediterranean cruise ??? I can only wish !!! :rolleyes: First time I've ever had any problems with the website, but have read enough posts to know not to flip out over it. I make all my reservations and payments via phone with the cruise planners. It is nuts and you would think a company like RCI could have a consistently reliable and correct online system. :rolleyes: