"LIVE" from the VISION of the SEAS With Trainman-2 & Judith

Looking at this, looks like Vision of the Seas is using terminal 25.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

Using this, looks like you would follow the directions to Midport Parking Garage for terminal 25. This includes a link for disabled parking too.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

Map:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/Port-Map-2009.pdf

DISCLAIMER: I have never sailed out of Lauderdale, just googled it for you. Hope this helps.

Edited by Loves_Dogs

Tried to find some info and did find a telephone number in their brochure that has to do with parking: 954-468-3680.

Perhaps they could help.

Also found something on disabled parking:

Disabled Parking

In 1996 the Broward County Board of Commissioners, acting under authority of Florida Statute 316.1959, elected to charge disabled patrons of the Port Everglades parking facilities the same fees as are applied to all other patrons; and that pursuant to Section 3 of Statute 316.1964, "When a state, county, or municipal parking facility or lot is being used in connection with an event at a convention center, cruise-port terminal, sports stadium, coliseum, or auditorium, the parking facility may charge a person whose vehicle displays such a permit a parking fee in the same manner and amount as it charges other persons." However, pursuant to Section 8 of the latter statute, any vehicle with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, for use by the person who has a disability, or any vehicle that is displaying the Florida Turnpike Toll Exemption sticker, is exempt from any parking fees in Port Everglades.

Here is how to request free parking at Port Everglades:

At the entry of the Port Everglades parking garage, pull a parking ticket from the automated machine and get the attention of one of the parking agents in an adjacent exit booth. Advise that parking agent that you would like a disability waiver of parking. The parking agent will telephone for a parking supervisor who will come to the booth and examine your vehicle to determine if the driver/vehicle meets the criteria for a parking waiver. The parking supervisor will inspect the vehicle to determine if a Florida Turnpike Toll Exemption sticker is affixed to it and/or if the vehicle has specialized equipment and a hanging tag from the Division of Motor Vehicles verifying the equipment.

When the parking supervisor verifies that a disability waiver of parking is allowable, the driver's name and address and the registration number on the sticker or hanging tag will be recorded on the parking ticket by that parking supervisor and the parking supervisor will sign the ticket. At this point the driver will be given the parking ticket and directed to enter the garage.

Upon exit, the parking ticket with the recorded information and the parking supervisor's signature will be surrendered to the exit parking attendant and no parking fees will be charged.

For more information on disabled toll permits or to obtain a Florida Turnpike toll exemption sticker, visit the Florida Commission on the Transportation Disadvantaged website.

Thank You CC'ers! I knew someone would know...

It has been a long time since I have had to use the Mid Port Parking Garage. It was a pain in the butt then and probably will be again today.

Our plan is to drop off our luggage and get it checked in at the terminal. Then I will leave Judith there with both walkers and all of our carry (roll) on stuff. I hang my computer on one side of my walker and my CPAP on the other side and set a bag full of Diet Rite Cola on the seat. Judith has one big and one small bag.

Judith will sit and read her Kindle, guard both walkers and our stuff, and wait for me to make my way back from the parking garage. I will only take my cane with me to the garage.

I will probably be totally frustrated by the time I meet back up with Judith but once I board the ship my Frustration Meter will slowly drop back down to Zero.

Edited by Trainman-2

Be prepared for a very (very) long walk from the garage to the check in area. We used that same docking area for some Celebrity Eclipse cruises. It's even worse if the weather is hot as most of the recommended 'follow the green (if I remember correctly) line' is exposed not covered walkway.

Not sure - but you may want to rethink taking your walker with you to the garage (and the case of soda can be walked if not set on the cement near Judith) for use to the boarding area.

Coming off was just as bad as there was a long walk from the ship around to the terminal thru customs. Eclipse is departing from Miami and I am looking forward to an improved embarkation to memories of this FLL terminal.

Good Morning Trainman:

Oasis is docked today and leaving for Europe this afternoon and its 12 night Transatlantic cruise and a few Mediterranean cruises in September prior to a two week refurbishment. Oasis will be leaving Rotterdam on October 14th with a stop on the 15th in Southampton and its return back home on October 27. Will be on board to bring her home. That's why it is docked at its normal terminal and Vision is where it is this morning.

You and Judith have a great cruise, looking forward to your Live Reports!

Good Morning Trainman:

Oasis is docked today and leaving for Europe this afternoon and its 12 night Transatlantic cruise and a few Mediterranean cruises in September prior to a two week refurbishment. Oasis will be leaving Rotterdam on October 14th with a stop on the 15th in Southampton and its return back home on October 27. Will be on board to bring her home. That's why it is docked at its normal terminal and Vision is where it is this morning.

You and Judith have a great cruise, looking forward to your Live Reports!

Is oasis going in to drydock I can not remember

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

Is oasis going in to drydock I can not remember

Yes, Oasis will be in drydock at the Ke'ppel Verolme shipyard near Rotterdam for routine maintenance and some renovations/upgrades. The dates in drydock are from Sept 30 - October 14.

Here's Spotty. He is a total wimp and is scared of his own shadow.

DSCN0097_zps60b88c43.jpg

Here's Judith on her lawn mower. Sometimes she lets me use it to cut the grass. The two white "antennas" on the front are actually "Spider Web Knocker Downers." We both hate spiders and I carry a spray can of spider killer in the Kubota with me and spray them whenever I see one of their super sticky webs between the trees.

DSCN3555_zpscad8fac0.jpg

That is a quick summary of our country life.

It will probably be late this afternoon before I am able to post "live" from the Vision.

Have missed your posts and pics Trainman! Always look forward to following along. No matter how many reviews and pics you send I always get a kick out of your "Trainman special breakfast sandwich"....K.O.....:)

Hello From the Vision of the Seas

I am doing a quick post from RC Online where I just set up an unlimited internet access account.

We made it to the port OK and I stashed Judith in a shady spot with all of our stuff while I parked the car. I forgot my cane and as I was hobbling back a Deputy Sheriff asked me if I was OK and I talked him into driving me almost all of the way back to Judith.

They opened the terminal for check in at 10:30 and we were on the ship by 10:50!

A light lunch at the Windjammer and we are hanging out in the smoking area (UGH, POO) on the pool deck until 1:00 when we can get into our rooms.

Dinner tonight at Giovanni's Table. Lamb Chops! Yummy, Our Favorite!

More later...

Hello From the Vision of the Seas

I am doing a quick post from RC Online where I just set up an unlimited internet access account.

We made it to the port OK and I stashed Judith in a shady spot with all of our stuff while I parked the car. I forgot my cane and as I was hobbling back a Deputy Sheriff asked me if I was OK and I talked him into driving me almost all of the way back to Judith.

They opened the terminal for check in at 10:30 and we were on the ship by 10:50!

A light lunch at the Windjammer and we are hanging out in the smoking area (UGH, POO) on the pool deck until 1:00 when we can get into our rooms.

Dinner tonight at Giovanni's Table. Lamb Chops! Yummy, Our Favorite!

More later...

Have a great time u deserve it have a great dinner tonight!

Looking at you on the Port Everglades webcam! Say "Cheese!"

We just stayed at the Embassy Suites a few weeks ago for work, it is lovely, isn't it.

Heading out on the Vision on the 29th so will ride along with you for a little early pre-vacay! Thanks a lot from me, too!

Did you see any Honey Stung chicken in WJ? Thanks 4 sharing!

I debarked Vision this morning....fantastic cruise by the way....and no, there was no honey stung chicken on day 1. Only fried chicken.

Trainman, I look forward to following your review. The last 4 nights on Vision were excellent. :)

So happy to be able to follow another Trainman "live" thread. Have always loved them in the past, especially with all the fantastic photos. Thanks so much for taking the time from your vacation to do this.

Have a great cruise.:)

Edited by teachergal29

Trainman thanks for taking the time and effort to keep us updated on your newest cruise adventure. I'm glad you reconsidered your RCCL ban on cruising based on the new smoking policy. You know the old story about each cig. is another nail in the coffin.....Well you'll now be pounding a few less nails:D. We'll be joining you on The Allure in Jan. and look forward to having the privilege of meeting you both.

Skip & Sue