"LIVE" from the VISION of the SEAS With Trainman-2 & Judith

A series of photos...

FSCN0285_zps15b6bb91.jpg

FSCN0287_zps2ef28bef.jpg

FSCN0289_zps5645bb7e.jpg

Unfortunately, the sun is shining directly into the smoking area on the Pool Deck and onto our Balcony.

The Pool Deck Smoking Area will be in the shade in an hour or two and our balcony will be shady this afternoon and evening.

I had a excellent breakfast in the Windjammer this morning.

DSCN0290_zpsee0324e7.jpg

The Biscuits and Gravy were not "Southern Style" but were slightly sweet and very, very good!

Unfortunately, there was no table service. I can easily handle my cane and a plate but not cane, plate, and diet coke.

So I finished and got a diet coke on the way out of the Windjammer.

Enjoying your live posts!

Sure hope Judith feels better. This is why I avoid cabins located forward in the ship- way too much motion for me since I tend to get seasick.

Bonine is wonderful! Since I discovered this I never get sick anymore. I take it every day that we are at sea.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for another great live review! Wishing you and Judith a fabulous vacation and calm seas. Hope Judith feels better. FWIW, I swear by Bonine too;) You guys picked a great itinerary. Charleston and Bermuda have been among some of our favorite places to explore. Bon voyage!

I went down to Medical and of course, got lost wandering around the rabbit warren on Deck 2. I even used the electronic "Map It" function on the big gizmo by the elevators.

I got there eventually and they had a small bin of "Medique" by the door for sea sickness. Its active ingredient is "Meclizine Hydrochloride" 25 mm.

Judith took one but threw it up so she took the second one.

Judith is a "Sick Puppy"!

She is in bed resting...

Hope Judith is feeling better by now. I take Bonine, too, usually starting the night before boarding the ship. Our next cabin is forward compared to the mid-ship location we usually choose. Hope the Bonine is strong enough for me! Once you get that sick feeling, it takes a while for it to go away.

Your sunrise pictures are stunning!!

The pills you got are the same ingredient as in Bonine. If she is able to hold it down it will help. It is best to take it before you actually get sick if possible. I take it before I board the ship.

If the sickness doesn't get better the doctor can give her an injection but I'm sure she already knows this.

Hope she feels better soon. Seasickness is the worst thing ever!

Oh dear. Hugs to Judith. What a way to start a cruise! :( Hope the second pill stays down. Just make sure she takes them daily even when you're docked in Bermuda. I like Bonine because I can chew it (tastes like St Joseph baby aspirin). I chewed one of the ship provided pills and it was nasty. Won't make that mistake again.

Cathy

I went down to Medical and of course, got lost wandering around the rabbit warren on Deck 2. I even used the electronic "Map It" function on the big gizmo by the elevators.

I got there eventually and they had a small bin of "Medique" by the door for sea sickness. Its active ingredient is "Meclizine Hydrochloride" 25 mm.

Judith took one but threw it up so she took the second one.

Judith is a "Sick Puppy"!

She is in bed resting...

Yep, that's the same as Bonine. Unfortunately, it works best as a preventative, rather than a cure after the fact. Perhaps Judith should get an injection of compazine from the MD, and then start the Bonine each day to ward off future episodes of sea sickness. Hoping she recovers quickly!!

A light lunch at the Windjammer and we are hanging out in the smoking area (UGH, POO) on the pool deck until 1:00 when we can get into our rooms.

Dinner tonight at Giovanni's Table. Lamb Chops! Yummy, Our Favorite!

More later...

Looking forward to the always informative review even with the obligatory "us poor persecuted smoker's lines. (2 before sailaway) I will look forward to hearing how well you like Giovanni's on this ship. (And other changes)

Hope Judith is feeling better soon.

Seasickness is no fun. It happened to me once. A friend had seabands with her. She had me try them. They worked like a charm. I never cruise without them. I have also tried Bonine. I never got sick while taking them, but maybe the seas weren't that rough. Can't remember. Also heard green apples (granny smith ) work. Another friend (former navy man ) said to get food in. Don't know how that would work if you can't keep anything down.

Edited by LABCHICK

Looking forward to the always informative review even with the obligatory "us poor persecuted smoker's lines. (2 before sailaway) I will look forward to hearing how well you like Giovanni's on this ship. (And other changes)

There is no necessity to demean his comments on smoking - if you would pay attention, you would discover that this is his way of letting us know that it is a bad habit - but he has it

On the way back to the cabin to check on Judith I shot these photos of equipment on Deck 9 directly above the Centrum. I finally figured out that these are the electric winches that raise and lower the Aerialists who put on the shows in the Centrum. There were also lights and lasers for the show.

DSCN0294_zps49cd7f2f.jpg

DSCN0293_zps59298d70.jpg

I had a excellent breakfast in the Windjammer this morning.

DSCN0290_zpsee0324e7.jpg

The Biscuits and Gravy were not "Southern Style" but were slightly sweet and very, very good!

Unfortunately, there was no table service. I can easily handle my cane and a plate but not cane, plate, and diet coke.

So I finished and got a diet coke on the way out of the Windjammer.

No trays on Vision????:confused: