"LIVE" from the VISION of the SEAS With Trainman-2 & Judith

Hello Everyone,

It has been a long time since I did a Live Report!

We cancelled several cruises because of the change to the Smoking Policy which banned smoking on the balconies. We spent the money we saved on our home in the country near Bunnell, FL instead.

We are still "Evil Smokers" (UGH, POO) but we will abide by the new rules and limit our smoking to authorized locations!

I am posting tonight from the Embassy Suites Hotel near the north entrance to the port. It will be less than a 10 minute drive tomorrow morning to the RCI Terminal.

I thought we had made arrangements for an early check in to the hotel but we ended up waiting until just after the "official" check in time of 4 pm. But the hotel is really nice and has a nice central atrium with a complementary cocktail hour in the evenings and a pretty good breakfast in the morning.

DSCN0226_zps7b383e38.jpg

The first thing we did was go up to the 12th floor where there is a small public balcony where you can see the port and the ships from.

DSCN0221_zps39250771.jpg

DSCN0219_zps8a0b9098.jpg

DSCN0217_zpsb1cc1fc4.jpg

DSCN0215_zps3122ee9d.jpg

Our Cruise on the Vision will be 10 nighter but most important to us is that we will visit Bermuda. We are really looking forward to cruising again.

Our last cruise on the Vision was a 28 night, B-2-B, round trip Panama Canal Cruise in 2012. (Before the refit)

Itinerary_zps6c507c37.jpg

Vision-Itinerary_zps4e528177.jpg

We had an excellent Mexican dinner at "Carlos & Pepe's which is about 1/2 block east of the Embassy Suites.

DSCN0223_zps929c2b8e.jpg

DSCN0224_zps2d5dfcdd.jpg

DSCN0225_zps799457dc.jpg

The portions were gigantic and the cost with no booze was $63.81 less tip. We didn't come close to eating it all and we couldn't even take it home with us for dinner tomorrow night.

I guess Fort Lauderdale prices tend to be a bit higher than rural Bunnell.

Yes! I'll be following along with my english muffin, sausage, cream cheese and jelly.

The best part of a Trainman live thread is that you don't even have to subscribe to the thread since it is always near the top on the Royal Caribbean forum.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you for the live report. You've been missed. :)

Yes u have been missed u to pc walton and radio to!!! What if we could all get u live folks on one cruise! That would be interesting

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

Yes u have been missed u to pc walton and radio to!!! What if we could all get u live folks on one cruise! That would be interesting

sent from my galaxy s4 please excuse any error's thanks

Friday and we are heading out. :D

Edited by PCWalton1

Woo Hoo J & J...We are buckled in and ready for another one of your awesome 'Live' cruise reports. Have a blast, as I'm sure you will.

Wondering who is caring for your fine feathered and furry friends.

Smooth sailing!!!!!!!

xxx from dm