GUEST DJ On POOL DECK

tm3750

Ok, I know this is crazy, but what if Royal had " guest DJ 's on the pool deck" ? I used to be a manager in a couple of bars/discos back in the 70's and 80's . I listen to the music that is played on the pool deck and just maybe there are better options. Number one, it would be FREE for Royal and I know that I could play 2 hours of kick a>> music. Rock, country, reggae, caribbean and beats per minute that would have that deck rockin. I know it is crazy but what fun it would be!!!!

Ok, I know this is crazy, but what if Royal had " guest DJ 's on the pool deck" ? I used to be a manager in a couple of bars/discos back in the 70's and 80's . I listen to the music that is played on the pool deck and just maybe there are better options. Number one, it would be FREE for Royal and I know that I could play 2 hours of kick a>> music. Rock, country, reggae, caribbean and beats per minute that would have that deck rockin. I know it is crazy but what fun it would be!!!!

That seems OK but I'm a big fan of pop music. And as Marc Walker said it "We combine country and rap and we get crap" ;)

When I am on a cruise I want to hear cruise music like Calypso.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That seems OK but I'm a big fan of pop music. And as Marc Walker said it "We combine country and rap and we get crap" ;)

When I am on a cruise I want to hear cruise music like Calypso.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I agree, but you must admit, Kenny Chesney singing " No Shoes, No Shirts, No Problem " is good cruise music

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

I like the periodic live steel-drum bands by the pool in the afternoon. DJs are fine for a dance club, but we don't need them getting rid of live entertainment on the ship (like some other cruise lines).

Edited by ehfl

just a thought, but as I said earlier, I have been on 3 cruises this year all with RCCL and on every cruise they already have this going on . "Dj's or piped music" I agree about live music, but we don't have that all the time. Not wanting to do anything but improve the deck experience, nothing more

Just my 2¢, but I don't care for that idea either. a great steel band is all I'd like to hear by pool. We look forward to that more than ANY other entertainment on the ship. I could spend the whole day out there enjoying them! Maybe add a second steel band so they can alternate & fill in the break times for each other?

And Kenny who? The minute I hear country music, I'm gone. Fingernails on a chalkboard. Lordy, I hope that never happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

just a thought, but as I said earlier, I have been on 3 cruises this year all with RCCL and on every cruise they already have this going on . "Dj's or piped music" I agree about live music, but we don't have that all the time. Not wanting to do anything but improve the deck experience, nothing more

Highly doubt they would allow a passenger to become part of the ship's entertainment. What would those paid crew do to earn their salary while you are "performing" for free? Also who's to say that your opinion of "kick a** music tastes would be an improvement or be appealing to other passengers? I for one would not be in favor of it - happy with the current live bands when they play.

Just my 2¢, but I don't care for that idea either. a great steel band is all I'd like to hear by pool. We look forward to that more than ANY other entertainment on the ship. I could spend the whole day out there enjoying them! Maybe add a second steel band so they can alternate & fill in the break times for each other?

And Kenny who? The minute I hear country music, I'm gone. Fingernails on a chalkboard. Lordy, I hope that never happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I suppose your idea of a good piece of meat is a hamburger???

I suppose your idea of a good piece of meat is a hamburger???

There is no need to be rude, people have different tastes. I think Royal finds out what people like on a cruise. Most people must like top 40/Calypso, because that is what I hear at the pool. Usually top 40 in the late AM then Calypso in the afternoon.

Not being rude and I will end this conversation now, all I was saying is that there is not always " live music" on the deck and I just had another idea, Oh and by the way, I am not a country music fan, but I do recognize good " cross over " music, obviously some people don't. Over and out, no more from me on this subject!!!

OK but.....something from me on this subject. I was, at one time a professional blues musician. I have played for MONEY for years. I have backed a Grammy nominated harmonica player and a W.C. Handy award winning bluesman of the year. I realize that as much as I love the blues it's not most peoples preference. I have no interest in playing for free just to show off my talent. I also have no desire to listen to some amateur record spinner prove why he or she is relegated to playing for free. Thanks but no thanks.

I suppose the teenagers would enjoy it. I could see them offering this as a late-afternoon thing by the pool -- late afternoon when most adults have forsaken the pool and are showering /preparing for dinner.

I personally like the music they play by the pool -- as someone else said, Top 40 with a healthy mix of Calypso /island type music. I like to put together a play-mix of my own cruise-type music on my own ipod so that if I choose, I can drift off into my own little world.

Basically insurance and liabilities are why it won't happen

Plus possible licensing of the area for

Music of that sort

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Confused by your answer. What would insurance and liabilities have to do with it? And what licensing are you referring to? I would presume that any guest DJ would have to select from the ship's preexisting music collection.

Edited by time4u2go