Wharf extension OPT

Gee I wish some of this rubbishy chit chat would end.

This thread contains a lot of useful information (if you can find it) and I have referred a few from our Roll Call to it.

I'm the one embarrassed now :eek:

Sorry mate, it is just a bit of light hearted banter but I guess it can take the direction of the thread in the wrong direction sometimes.

John. A touch off topic but pertinent to you. I was checking in a party of three yesterday, one of whom was 27 but her cousin and her cousins friend were under eighteen but they had no authority from the younger girls parents to allow them to cruise and I know you are taking your grand kids on the cruise next week so make sure you have the signed authority letter from their parents or you will be denied boarding. I know you are an organised sort of person and would have this under control but there would be nothing worse than being over in NZ and not being able to board and unable to contact their parents to get paperwork emailed over etc.

Sorry mate, it is just a bit of light hearted banter but I guess it can take the direction of the thread in the wrong direction sometimes.

John. A touch off topic but pertinent to you. I was checking in a party of three yesterday, one of whom was 27 but her cousin and her cousins friend were under eighteen but they had no authority from the younger girls parents to allow them to cruise and I know you are taking your grand kids on the cruise next week so make sure you have the signed authority letter from their parents or you will be denied boarding. I know you are an organised sort of person and would have this under control but there would be nothing worse than being over in NZ and not being able to board and unable to contact their parents to get paperwork emailed over etc.

How embarrassing, and expensive.

Worth repeating in bold.

IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU MUST HAVE A SIGNED PARENTAL AUTHORITY OR BOARDING WILL BE DENIED

How embarrassing, and expensive.

Worth repeating in bold.

IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU MUST HAVE A SIGNED PARENTAL AUTHORITY OR BOARDING WILL BE DENIED

Fortunately in this case one of the girls mothers had dropped them off and was still fairly near the terminal but the other girls parents lived in New Zealand and it took a bit of tracking down and sending of forms there and back but they finally got on board. The older girl who booked the cruise was not informed by the travel agent ( they believe they are the Centre of Flight) which unfortunately is a fairly common occurrence, agents not advising their customers of their obligations and what is required and it does happen on a regular basis.

Since our cruise is just weeks away :D I was wondering if there are any more full closures of the OPT planned. Also what is the best path to the OPT when walking down, rolling luggage, from the YHA?

Thanks

Edited by 14ersco

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazydavo

Hi gbenjo,

Are they currently allowing private vehicle drop-off's into the OPT and also private pick-ups?

Thanks!

Private drop offs are OK but pick ups are being directed to Hixon Road Between the Park Hyatt and where the road to the upper level of the OPT meets Hixon Road.

Hi Graham, will be there on Sunday boarding Rhapsody so will try and say Hi!!

Is your advice above regarding private drop offs and pickups still apply for Sunday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazydavo

Hi gbenjo,

Are they currently allowing private vehicle drop-off's into the OPT and also private pick-ups?

Thanks!

Hi Graham, will be there on Sunday boarding Rhapsody so will try and say Hi!!

Is your advice above regarding private drop offs and pickups still apply for Sunday?

Yes it does, all good for drop offs out front and Hickson Rd for pick ups, might see you Sunday.

Thanks for that Grahame...yes I have got the letters of consent for both grandkids.

Bit of an extended exercise as both parents now have new partners (no I don't have a complex, but maybe I should). I prepared the documents myself and they are signed by all 4 parents (legally I only needed one parent for each child, but it was a courtesy matter as well.)

It is important that the document(s) specifically refer to the cruise in question (no using a generic type) and should also specifically refer to granting permission for the "guardians" to allow medical treatment etc to be provided to the children.

This is the wording I have used:

LETTER OF CONSENT

This Consent Letter is provided, jointly and severally by XXXXXXXXXX and YYYYYYYYYYY, the natural parents of CCCCCCCCCC (cccccc)).

Whereas, from time to time, cccccc will be in the care and custody of his maternal grandparents, Sssssss Aaaa Ppppp and Jjjj Eeee Ppppppp, (Sssssss and Jjjjj) this letter provides consent for Ssssss and Jjjjjj(either jointly or severally) to take appropriate action, where necessary, in regard to all matters that may arise relating to Cccccc’s physical, mental and emotional welfare whilst he is in their care.

This consent extends to any holiday, excursion or adventure (including travel overseas) on which Ssssss and Jjjjj may wish to take Ccccccc, and in particular applies to the following:

Cruise on DDDDDDDDDDDDD departing KKKKKKKKKK on Day Month Year and arriving at Hhhhhhh on Day Month Year – including all ancillary air travel from and back to City Australia.

For clarity, this includes consent for decisions to be made by Sssssss and/or Jjjjjj in regard to:

1. Signing of any legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activity

2. The supervision of Ccccc at all times; and

3. The administration of any medical or similar treatment for Ccccc whilst he is in their care.

All costs that may arise from any of the above will be borne by Sssss and Jjjjj (subject always to any insurance policy that may be in place) and it is explicitly understood that no contribution, either monetary or in kind, will be due from either parent in respect to any matters that arise from the provision of this consent.

Signed by:

---------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IN THE PRESENCE OF: IN THE PRESENCE OF:

---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

DATE DATE

No problems if anyone wants to copy this for their own purposes

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

Since our cruise is just weeks away :D I was wondering if there are any more full closures of the OPT planned. Also what is the best path to the OPT when walking down, rolling luggage, from the YHA?

Thanks

Several optioons here but the easiest is the longest:eek:

Shortest is right out of hostel then next right into Gloucester rd then left down the Nurses Walk steps ( bit hard with luggage but it is all downhill:D). This will take you onto Harrington street (left) then right into Argyle mall and directly straight on over George street sees you at the ship. Only a 10 minute walk.

2nd. Go left out of hostel, past ShangriLa then left all the way down very steep Essex St to George St, left, then diagonally right at next lights to Circular Quay and you will see your ship along the left (southern) shore. Doable in 15 minutes.

3rd turn right out of hostel and walk all the way to end then right and right into the top end of George St (you should be underneath the bridge). Follow this on the left then left at Argyle into the OPT. Easiest and all only slightly downhill but about 20 minutes.

There are other ways but too confusing to describe.

Hope this helps

Hugh

Thanks

No....... No more full closures for the terminal (YAY) , in fact if your "few weeks away" take you into the new year you may well see the first new stage in operation.

It is really only a five or six minute walk (luggage free)..OK I walk fast... from the YHA to the OPT and if you are there the day before your cruise I would take an exploratory walk and find the route that suits you.

Thanks for that Grahame...yes I have got the letters of consent for both grandkids.

Bit of an extended exercise as both parents now have new partners (no I don't have a complex, but maybe I should). I prepared the documents myself and they are signed by all 4 parents (legally I only needed one parent for each child, but it was a courtesy matter as well.)

It is important that the document(s) specifically refer to the cruise in question (no using a generic type) and should also specifically refer to granting permission for the "guardians" to allow medical treatment etc to be provided to the children.

This is the wording I have used:

LETTER OF CONSENT

This Consent Letter is provided, jointly and severally by XXXXXXXXXX and YYYYYYYYYYY, the natural parents of CCCCCCCCCC (cccccc)).

Whereas, from time to time, cccccc will be in the care and custody of his maternal grandparents, Sssssss Aaaa Ppppp and Jjjj Eeee Ppppppp, (Sssssss and Jjjjj) this letter provides consent for Ssssss and Jjjjjj(either jointly or severally) to take appropriate action, where necessary, in regard to all matters that may arise relating to Cccccc’s physical, mental and emotional welfare whilst he is in their care.

This consent extends to any holiday, excursion or adventure (including travel overseas) on which Ssssss and Jjjjj may wish to take Ccccccc, and in particular applies to the following:

Cruise on DDDDDDDDDDDDD departing KKKKKKKKKK on Day Month Year and arriving at Hhhhhhh on Day Month Year – including all ancillary air travel from and back to City Australia.

For clarity, this includes consent for decisions to be made by Sssssss and/or Jjjjjj in regard to:

1. Signing of any legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activity

2. The supervision of Ccccc at all times; and

3. The administration of any medical or similar treatment for Ccccc whilst he is in their care.

All costs that may arise from any of the above will be borne by Sssss and Jjjjj (subject always to any insurance policy that may be in place) and it is explicitly understood that no contribution, either monetary or in kind, will be due from either parent in respect to any matters that arise from the provision of this consent.

Signed by:

---------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX YYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IN THE PRESENCE OF: IN THE PRESENCE OF:

---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

DATE DATE

No problems if anyone wants to copy this for their own purposes

cheers

Wow! Well done John, you seem to have covered all bases ( remind me never to take you to court about anything) Don't forget to have it witnessed by a Justice of the Peace etc. There is also a form that we have at the OPT in case someone does not have the paperwork with them. I assume it would be available somewhere on the RCCL website but I might try and get a copy and post it here as well.

Wow! Well done John, you seem to have covered all bases ( remind me never to take you to court about anything) Don't forget to have it witnessed by a Justice of the Peace etc. There is also a form that we have at the OPT in case someone does not have the paperwork with them. I assume it would be available somewhere on the RCCL website but I might try and get a copy and post it here as well.

Yea...docs were witnessed by a Qual. JP....moi.... some might say that's not all that appropriate, but the only signature I cannot witness is my own :D

Shirley tells me that she thought there was a form on the Celebrity Web Site... but I prefer an Aussie one.

cheers

Several optioons here but the easiest is the longest:eek:

Shortest is right out of hostel then next right into Gloucester rd then left down the Nurses Walk steps ( bit hard with luggage but it is all downhill:D). This will take you onto Harrington street (left) then right into Argyle mall and directly straight on over George street sees you at the ship. Only a 10 minute walk.

2nd. Go left out of hostel, past ShangriLa then left all the way down very steep Essex St to George St, left, then diagonally right at next lights to Circular Quay and you will see your ship along the left (southern) shore. Doable in 15 minutes.

3rd turn right out of hostel and walk all the way to end then right and right into the top end of George St (you should be underneath the bridge). Follow this on the left then left at Argyle into the OPT. Easiest and all only slightly downhill but about 20 minutes.

There are other ways but too confusing to describe.

Hope this helps

Hugh

No....... No more full closures for the terminal (YAY) , in fact if your "few weeks away" take you into the new year you may well see the first new stage in operation.

It is really only a five or six minute walk (luggage free)..OK I walk fast... from the YHA to the OPT and if you are there the day before your cruise I would take an exploratory walk and find the route that suits you.

Thanks Hugh and Graham, I can see all the suggested routes on the map from the YHA website. We are on the Christmas Solstice cruise and will have few days in Sydney. So on our travels to and from the sights we will try the routes.

Dave

Yea...docs were witnessed by a Qual. JP....moi.... some might say that's not all that appropriate, but the only signature I cannot witness is my own :D

Shirley tells me that she thought there was a form on the Celebrity Web Site... but I prefer an Aussie one.

cheers

While it is unlikely that you will have any problems, given what the document is for I would seriously question the wisdom of witnessing a document that could be said to benefit yourself.

As I said not likely to cause a problem here, but if a problem did arise I can see how this could exacerbate things.

Thanks Hugh and Graham, I can see all the suggested routes on the map from the YHA website. We are on the Christmas Solstice cruise and will have few days in Sydney. So on our travels to and from the sights we will try the routes.

Dave

Good plan, enjoy your stay and cruise. Make sure you get a ferry over to Manly for a half day experience, the harbour is magnificent.:D

Just a question re letter of consent. I have seen it mentioned on the US forums that if one parent takes their kids on a cruise, they need a letter of consent from the other parent. Is that not the case here in Aus & NZ? I am married but cruised solo with the kids last year to the South Pacific and there was no mention of this documentation required.

Just a question re letter of consent. I have seen it mentioned on the US forums that if one parent takes their kids on a cruise, they need a letter of consent from the other parent. Is that not the case here in Aus & NZ? I am married but cruised solo with the kids last year to the South Pacific and there was no mention of this documentation required.

As long as the children have the same surname as the adult travelling or are linked with the adult via a Medicare card or such then there is no problem.