Wharf extension OPT

We are radio amateurs , my brides callsign is VK3VIP

VK = Australia

3 = Victoria

VIP = The Brides Personal ID

There will be a pary of Six amateurs , four ladies and two gents boarding Solstice on 27th Jan .. we will, be wearing our callsign badges

Margaret Vk3FMAB Patrica VK3OZ Donna VK3FRET Jean VK3VIP and Stephen VK3VM and Myself VK3DQ

so no excuses Graham, just turn on the charm offensive :->:

:eek:

regards

John

No problem.... I will be both charming and offensive:D

I hear they just done a bit more work, although with a Carnival ship docked, and embarkation started, it may have stopped again. Once done they can continue the renovations.:D

Having a ship in does not "stop" the work, it just limits what they can do in certain sections. Luckily a majority of the work is away from the areas needed for check in and being there two or three times a week I can see the progress they are making.

Where do you get off.... making terminal jokes

Copenhagen last cruise.

Where I met a little mermaid who gave me the cold shoulder.

The wife told me a joke (a rare occurrence)while we were there.

Three fishermen were wetting a line when they came upon a magical mermaid, the mermaid offered them one wish each.

So the first fisherman said: "double my I.Q" so the mermaid did it and to his surprise he started reciting Shakespearean sonnets.

Then the second fisherman said: "triple my I.Q." and sure enough the mermaid did it and amazingly he started solving mathematical problems he didn't know existed.

The third fisherman was so impressed at what he was witnessing he asked the mermaid to quadruple his I.Q and the mermaid said "Are you quite sure about this?

It will change your whole life!"

The fisherman quickly said "yes, oh yes I've always wanted to be smarter than everyone else!"

"Ok" she said so the mermaid turned him into a woman. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Its just that "some people" put their own "conceived" self importance above all else and will take any opportunity they can to promote that cause:rolleyes::rolleyes:... but do not worry ...they will be "taken care of" when they check in on their relevant cruises:D:D

You show those self important ones where they sit on the pecking order by totally ignoring them while you take care of John and Mic and Rabbitoh and Me.

BTW Graham, have the escalators become functional yet or is the only access to the upstairs by elevator?:D

The original "pre reno" escalators are still there and working (One for the Wabbitoh:o... although they do have their ...ups and downs:D:D) The new escalators serve the new mezzanine check in level and there are also new travelators outside in the new forecourt area which will take you up to the observation deck.

The original "pre reno" escalators are still there and working (One for the Wabbitoh:o... although they do have their ...ups and downs:D:D) The new escalators serve the new mezzanine check in level and there are also new travelators outside in the new forecourt area which will take you up to the observation deck.

Excellent, thanks for the information. :D

Excellent, thanks for the information. :D

Now cut that right out!

You will give readers the impression that this is an informative forum for like minded serious cruising types seeking unbounded knowledge on the high seas. :eek:

Instead of the sad Dad's joke-a-rama we all know it isn't! :confused:

Now cut that right out!

You will give readers the impression that this is an informative forum for like minded serious cruising types seeking unbounded knowledge on the high seas. :eek:

Instead of the sad Dad's joke-a-rama we all know it isn't! :confused:

Exactly.:p

Sorry, a bit slow,but hope they did not have to "hock" their radios to pay for the cruise:eek:

The Only "Hock" will be a cheap German white wine :p

Which brings me to ask a question regarding the wharf.

Being somewhat older and crankier than perhaps I was a few years ago my GP now insists on me taking blood pressure medication , one of which contains the dreaded "water pill" ... so two related questions.

1 Are there plenty of "rest stops" along the long march to the checkin counter?

2. I need to rehydrate and for that I need coffee so is the a coffee shop operating in the checkin area?

I only hope the treck to the checkin is not as long as to gate 21 at Melbourne airport .. one needs a packed lunch and a Sherpa guide for that little stroll.

We have one member of our party who is ok for short distances but will flag a little over 500 yards... Graham is there some form of assistance for those who are not "disabled" but perhaps might need a little TLC on the "Long March" to the checkin desk???

Regards

John :rolleyes:

Just letting everyone know we made it safely aboard Sun Princess

on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, oh boy what a long day we had on

Tuesday, we were lucky and had friends living in Sydney but some of the

horror stories as to what some people had to pay for accommodation.

Good news for you, enjoy your cruise.:D

Saw you sailing away under the bridge. Have a good cruise and forget about all the happenings whilst on the cruise.

We had an unpleasant experience the day before flying out to Alaska but just had to put it behind us for the duration of the trip. Deal with the issues on your return.

Hugh

Saw you sailing away under the bridge. Have a good cruise and forget about all the happenings whilst on the cruise.

We had an unpleasant experience the day before flying out to Alaska but just had to put it behind us for the duration of the trip. Deal with the issues on your return.

Hugh

Great advice, enjoy your cruise and don't stress the little things.:D