Wharf extension OPT

Morning all, I believe it is the Purple Swift-footed Shore Crab. Purple Swift-footed Shore Crab. Here is more information than you can ever possibly want but ....... why not :D

Leptograpsus variegatus

Features

Carapace has broadly rounded edges; strong tooth behind eyes; legs long and flattened; claws purple above and white below. To 80 mm across, but usually smaller.

Notes

On rocky coasts exposed to strong surf, sheltering in crevices and under rocks from mid to high tide mark. Very fast and difficult to catch. Scavenger and carnivore. Southern and subtropical Australia; Indo-Pacific.

Crab.jpg.9db01280c4328f53d27c28f5fb7b244c.jpg

Morning all, I believe it is the Purple Swift-footed Shore Crab. Purple Swift-footed Shore Crab. Here is more information than you can ever possibly want but ....... why not :D

Leptograpsus variegatus

Features

Carapace has broadly rounded edges; strong tooth behind eyes; legs long and flattened; claws purple above and white below. To 80 mm across, but usually smaller.

Notes

On rocky coasts exposed to strong surf, sheltering in crevices and under rocks from mid to high tide mark. Very fast and difficult to catch. Scavenger and carnivore. Southern and subtropical Australia; Indo-Pacific.

Looks good, I have seen this crab before [i think] but without the yellow pattern. I am also pretty sure that it is the same crab as the Purple Rock Crab mentioned by Miccanberra

Leptograpsus variegatus

Features

Notes

Wow, well done, thanks for that........ now get a life:D:D.........................that description sounds a bit like a girl I once knew.:eek:

By the way Pippin10 Would you like to join our trivia team on the next cruise?

Edited by gbenjo

Wow, well done, thanks for that........ now get a life:D:D.........................that description sounds a bit like a girl I once knew.:eek:

Thanks now you owe me a new computer I'm pretty sure that the drink I just spat all over the keyboard will ruin it.

Leptograpsus variegatus

Features

Notes

Thanks Pippen, I couldn't get any pictures to actually verify if it was this or a purple (Red) rock crab. Well done.:D

It's a laptop.

And Shhhhh don't tell Graham, I might get him to kick in for a new one, but half the keys were already shot.

I already knew your keyboard was RS what with all the typos you do......and it may be an idea if you do not drink all the time when using your computer..that may be another reason for the typos..........and expect the unexpected;)

I already knew your keyboard was RS what with all the typos you do......and it may be an idea if you do not drink all the time when using your computer..that may be another reason for the typos..........and expect the unexpected;)

Big brother knows all.:rolleyes:

G'day gbenjo

Notice you need checking in for your next cruise, I might volunteer, I'll just do whatever you do when you check me in in December, good idea huh?:p

NAH . not such a good idea ........there is no guarantee you will even get on the ship when I check you in:D:D:D...anyway as I said ..I will check myself in...might even give myself as big old UPGRADE:p:p

I think you guys deserve a reward with all the construction and crap going on.:D

Aw Gee thanks Mic:o. but serving wonderful guests like you and Gut is reward enough for me....................damn...............can,t find a "vomit" emoticon :D

I wish.... we have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with upgrades

What about all the wonderful upgrades to the OPT.:p

And now that I know upgrades are not your domain does that mean I don't need to be nice to you anymore:cool:

What about all the wonderful upgrades to the OPT.:p

And now that I know upgrades are not your domain does that mean I don't need to be nice to you anymore:cool:

I do check in. I am not a builder :rolleyes:

You still need to check in for your cruise don't you?