Robes-one size does NOT fit all

CruisingwithAutism

We recently cruised on the Caribbean Princess and were disappointed with a few things. This one was the most ridiculous. We requested robes for the 4 adults that were sharing one cabin. (Girls' getaway!) We had the best laugh at how pitifully small they were. Here's a picture of my sister, who is 5'1" and 110lbs, in the robe that Princess provides. ImageUploadedByForums1410407447.569119.jpg.b061e3e822078a276fba3f853926f64b.jpg

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sept '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sept '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

We recently cruised on the Caribbean Princess and were disappointed with a few things. This one was the most ridiculous. We requested robes for the 4 adults that were sharing one cabin. (Girls' getaway!) We had the best laugh at how pitifully small they were. Here's a picture of my sister, who is 5'1" and 110lbs, in the robe that Princess provides. [ATTACH]324835[/ATTACH]

I agree! One size does not fit all!

We recently cruised on the Caribbean Princess and were disappointed with a few things. This one was the most ridiculous. We requested robes for the 4 adults that were sharing one cabin. (Girls' getaway!) We had the best laugh at how pitifully small they were. Here's a picture of my sister, who is 5'1" and 110lbs, in the robe that Princess provides. [ATTACH]324835[/ATTACH]

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sept '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sept '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Thanks for the "Heads Up" about the robe sizing. I shall NOT be putting a robe on my souvenir shopping list. Far more practical would be a ship's logo mug!

First of all that rob has seen better days. I purchased one from the gift shop to take home. When I first put it on it was way too big and long. Once it hits the wash it shrinks . I didn't even put it in the dryer. I managed to stretch it out when it was still wet so it's actually a good size for me now.

This robe debate is so ridiculous. Everyone claims they are 5'2" 98 lbs soaking wet and the robes don't fit them. I am 5'7" 160 lbs and have never had a problem with the robes.

Stop griping and just bring your own if you don't like the ones Princess supplies for free. Maybe they supply old crappy ones so people aren't 'accidentally' packing them in their suitcases. ;)

Should Princess keep a closet of brand new velour robes in assorted sizes so everyone can have a new one that fits properly? :rolleyes:

We've gotten those shrunk robes before on some cruises and had the steward exchange them for newer ones that haven't been cleaned numerous times in their super hot dryers. This is the perfect example of what happens to clothing being washed after a while on Princess. :( Their washing process will ruin anything sooner or later, so if you feel comfortable sending them your laundry to be cleaned, this is what it might look like when their done + a few holes to boot. ;)

This robe debate is so ridiculous. Everyone claims they are 5'2" 98 lbs soaking wet and the robes don't fit them. I am 5'7" 160 lbs and have never had a problem with the robes.

Stop griping and just bring your own if you don't like the ones Princess supplies for free. Maybe they supply old crappy ones so people aren't 'accidentally' packing them in their suitcases. ;)

Should Princess keep a closet of brand new velour robes in assorted sizes so everyone can have a new one that fits properly? :rolleyes:

Wow. I see nothing wrong with discussing the improper fitting of the robes. OP just wanted to let everyone know and I would have appreciated reading this thread before my first Princess cruise so I could have been prepared.

I have never had a problem with the robes on other cruise lines, only Princess.

Not asking for a brand new velour robe, just asking for one of a decent quality like other cruise lines have that don't shrink like crazy after the first wash.

My goodness, someone is cranky this morning. :rolleyes: Oh never mind, I just looked at the time of the post and I'm cranky at 4:12 A.M. too.

I recently got of the Carnival Spirit. Those robes are lovely and nice thick material. Its something Carnival has over the thin cotton robes that Princess offers.

That's true. I don't prefer most things about Carnival, but that's one of them.

The answer is "yes." ;)