Liberty Of The Seas D1 or Junior Suite

CB > Besides being a larger room' date=' are there other amenities that make it worthwhile ? We have never cruised in a JS and think this would be a great way to take advantage of a decent upgrade.[/quote']

No real extra perks for a JS other than the bigger room, a tub, priority boarding, coffee maker and a silver seapass card. And double points. None of which make it worth that much more on a short cruise IMO.

I have stayed in both on Liberty and I found that with it being a short cruise we were not in our cabins very often.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

??

LIBERTY OF THE SEAS CRUISE

If given the chance to upgrade from a D1 Balcony to a Junior Suite for less than $100 a night would you do it' date=' and if so why, if not why not ?

GO ![/quote']

At first I read this as an upgrade for a total of less than $100, but then realized my mistake and changed my answer. No, I would not upgrade to a JS from a D1. The difference between cabins is not worth that much money to me unless, as others have said, it bumped me up a C&A level.

Edited by dacsmom

I agree with everyone else who is saying $500 is too much to pay for the upgrade. The Junior Suites on Liberty are amazing, but unless you plan on spending a lot of time in your cabin the money won't be worth it. Keep checking the price though, I got lucky and didn't pay anything extra for my switch from a balcony to a JS this past April...which probably means I was paying too much to begin with :-)

Hope this helps!

We've had both D1 and JS on Liberty. For us, the extra space (especially the walk in closet) makes a huge difference when traveling with kids. We didn't feel like we were tripping over everything, even with the pack-n-play set up all the time. That being said, we've not paid $500 to upgrade. Everyone's situation is different though. I'd say if it is worth it to you, then go for it. Be warned though...the extra space will spoil you after the first cruise in any larger cabin. DW is not as thrilled about being back in a D1 on Freedom next week...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$100 a night x what 5 nights. Not worth it for $500 for me.

If it was $100 total then absolutely.

It's $100 a night' date=' so yes $500 total, 5 night cruise.

Double points are also a reason that we are considering...[/quote']

Too much for me, too.

??

LIBERTY OF THE SEAS CRUISE

If given the chance to upgrade from a D1 Balcony to a Junior Suite for less than $100 a night would you do it' date=' and if so why, if not why not ?

GO ![/quote']

Is this for Bermuda? Change my "no" to a "hell, no".

:)

See post 5. The OP said it was a 5 night cruise and it was $500 to upgrade. Not sure why the exact sail date would matter.

Because then you can check to see what other cabins/catgeories are available on that sailing to switch too which may have better value.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo