Bringing wine onboard.

UNV-IT!!!

When bringing wine onboard I know your suppose to be allowed 2 per cabin. When you carry your bottles on how many people have actually been stopped and checked?

And when you pack it if you do 2 in each bag how many people have actually been called into the naughty room?

My issue is this. I'll be on the oasis TA back to Florida. I'm bringing 2 bottles of a personal favorite wine I like. I also plan to buy a few bottles from local places while I'm in Europe. So I'll be boarding with more. So if I carry on 2 bottles. And then have 2 each in the checked on bags. What's the Likely hood of getting stopped about any of them?

When bringing wine onboard I know your suppose to be allowed 2 per cabin. When you carry your bottles on how many people have actually been stopped and checked?

And when you pack it if you do 2 in each bag how many people have actually been called into the naughty room?

My issue is this. I'll be on the oasis TA back to Florida. I'm bringing 2 bottles of a personal favorite wine I like. I also plan to buy a few bottles from local places while I'm in Europe. So I'll be boarding with more. So if I carry on 2 bottles. And then have 2 each in the checked on bags. What's the Likely hood of getting stopped about any of them?

Who knows? It depends on the people that Royal Caribbean hires in Southampton.

The chances of having your checked bags held in the "naughty room" I would guess to be very high.

If your true intent is to take the bottles that you purchase in Europe home with you, not to drink them on the ship, then just turn them in when you board. They'll give them back at the end of the voyage.

If your intent is to smuggle extra bottles, then good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.

Check with folks on your roll call and see if anyone is not using their allotment, and would bee willing to carry on for you.

Yes, they check... and if you board with your cabin mate, they will check that you have only two bottles per cabin (not per person)... though boarding separately does work.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Check with folks on your roll call and see if anyone is not using their allotment, and would bee willing to carry on for you.

Yes, they check... and if you board with your cabin mate, they will check that you have only two bottles per cabin (not per person)... though boarding separately does work.

Sounds like cheating the system to me.

They may ask you ( in the naughty room )to open the suit cases to prove its only wine .

The 2 in your carry on they will not know you have them.

Great idea.

We had no problem cheating the system. We each brought two bottles but just walked through security separately.

Probably best not to advertise your success. I've seen a few posts where staff at port reportedly look at the wine and compare it against the sea pass to verify that only 2 bottles are brought on board per cabin.

I imagine if RCCL believes that many attempt or are successful in "cheating the system" as you put it - the program of allowing wine brought on board could end.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Probably best not to advertise your success. I've seen a few posts where staff at port reportedly look at the wine and compare it against the sea pass to verify that only 2 bottles are brought on board per cabin.

I imagine if RCCL believes that many attempt or are successful in "cheating the system" as you put it - the program of allowing wine brought on board could end.

M

I always find it a bit amusing when people post on these boards that they got around the rules. It is even more entertaining when they post the method used.

I took 2 bottles on Allure, in carry on bag no problem. Wanted to bring 2 more bottles on in Cozumel, they held and returned to me Sat evening.

Diamond member, I don't like drinking water out of the tap...i've alway's checked a case of bottled water...so let me get this right, I can bring 2 bottles of wine, but now I can't bring water? Go figure.

Correct, the rules say no beverages except for the wine, however they frequently don't enforce the rule for water and soda.

I had an honest experience. I was boarding a back to back (two different ships) first in FLL and then in MIA

I had 2 bottles for the cruise I was boarding and 2 for the second. I fully expected them to take the 2 extra from me. This was fine with me as I had them earmarked for the second cruise anyway.

I carried 2 and DH had the other 2 in carry on (I have nice carry bags just for wine). We walked through without a blink in our direction.:cool: I actually did keep them for the 2nd cruise but it was nice not to have to collect them at the end of the cruise.

Cant speak for checked - I wouldn't pack it as it is a hassle to have your bags delayed if they do pull for check.

I prefer they just take it and store it at carry on and have my bags make it to the room so I can unpack and start my cruise!:)

Edited by pxy cda

I had an honest experience. I was boarding a back to back (two different ships) first in FLL and then in MIA

I had 2 bottles for the cruise I was boarding and 2 for the second. I fully expected them to take the 2 extra from me. This was fine with me as I had them earmarked for the second cruise anyway.

I carried 2 and DH had the other 2 in carry on (I have nice carry bags just for wine). We walked through without a blink in our direction.:cool: I actually did keep them for the 2nd cruise but it was nice not to have to collect them at the end of the cruise.

Cant speak for checked - I wouldn't pack it as it is a hassle to have your bags delayed if they do pull for check.

I prefer they just take it and store it at carry on and have my bags make it to the room so I can unpack and start my cruise!:)

This sounds like an ideal situation.

On a recent cruise, two days before the end of the cruise, I was given a bottle of Vintage Port as a birthday present whilst we were ashore at a favourite restaurant, I was sure I would be stopped when re boarding, but just walked through security with it in full view and no one said a word.