Favorite MDR dish?

christa

Another vote for the lambshank, duck, and medium rare prime rib.

I also love the cold fruit soups as well.

All desserts I have found are just "meh" except for the cheesecake that use to be on the Chops menu.

LOVE the savory bites!

Edited by ryano

I really like the chicken Marsala DW. Always enjoys the lobster/fisher mans plate. The strawberry bisque is awesome. For dessert, try the sticky bread and butter pudding.

Exactly what I was going to say. I would add the key lime pie! (regular not the sugar free). Mr Ski also likes the spinach dip (be sure to order extra chips).

How is the lasagna on RCI?

Most times very good although we did have it one week when it was a littler"off". Of course that would be the week I ad Ted everyone at the table in to ordering it. Lol

The dish I look forward to each cruise is the horse radish salmon (thanks for the picture!). The breads/rolls in the MDR are wonderful too. Dessert wise, I love the peach/blueberry crumble with ice cream, the carrot cake, and the sticky bread pudding. And for some reason (butter?:D) I LOVE the mashed potatoes! In real life, I never eat white potatoes or bread, so these items always taste really special on a cruise!:D

Sherri:)

How is the lasagna on RCI?

Actually it was one of my favourites the last cruise. It was like it was melting in your mouth.

also I like the beef sliders, and the spinach dip was nice too.

I like all the desserts and I havent had one yet that I havent enjoyed

Chicken marsala, prime rib, classics steaks, chicken cordon bleu, chocolate lava cake (night 5), mushroom and french onion soups, steak fries (ask for these).

On Navigator for 14 nights earlier this month and only had one MDR dinner I didn't care for (chicken ceasar). Too much salad and chicken was more like jerky than chicken. OK, but wouldn't order again.

I'm in the minority as the only meal I didn't enjoy on our last cruise was the lasagna.

I wait for duck day on every cruise! I've always enjoyed it. I also love the salad bar in the MDR on sea days.

And, like everyone else, I really miss the Vidalia Onion Tart.

Based on other posts, I'm also in the minority because I think the food has improved over the years, not gotten worse.

Based on other posts, I'm also in the minority because I think the food has improved over the years, not gotten worse.

You're only in the minority on cruise critic (haven for people who like to complain about everything). In reality, you're in the majority with people who actually love the food on the ship! (myself included). Don't feel bad or guilty for actually loving the food. Most people actually do.

Here's a vote for the little-known side that I think comes with the duck: Potato croquettes. Yum!!!! :)

Really enjoying this thread. Are there any meals that in your opinion should be avoided?

Personally, I would stay far far away from the included steak. I think it is now called the Manhattan Strip Steak. These included cuts are not of good quality IMO and most of the time shoe leather is more tender :o If you want a steak, I recommend Chops or purchasing the Chops filet in the MDR.

Really enjoying this thread. Are there any meals that in your opinion should be avoided?

I've not had better than a 50% success rate with the "free" steak in the MDR. I don't even try it anymore.

Not the MDR but in the Solarium Cafe on Oasis and Allure, avoid the turkey bacon at all costs.:eek:

12 days until my first RC cruise! What should I be sure to order in the MDR? What is your favorite? Photos welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Prime Rib and escargot for starters and the lobster tails.

Edited by Folk Singer