Back to Black and the Med too.... Live from the Prinsendam

kazu

We had been to venice before Nd for a number of says so we did a tour on the the Alilaguna of the thee key islands and enjoyed the scenery

3a1208fdfa8baf1a3cf9080e0c3c2980.jpg

9354bdfe14369208d0a3598ee6446d5f.jpg

45ef9762ef0142c2b0b6ba76d9132afb.jpg

We the went to St Marks Square and yes it was mobbed with George Clooney's wedding. A roll call member was kind enough to send me the pic, but it is in PDF and as many of you know I can be techie challenged. If I can figure how to upload it, I shall. But Venice speaks out more to you than any George Clooney can. :)

Uggher

Hopefully I am not boring anyone.

I did want to post some pics and promised myself I would do it this time.

Sadly, for reasons beyond my control they are only Ipad photos. apologies..

Edited by kazu

Fantastic pics Kazu. Thanks for sharing. Sorry your camera never found its way back to its rightful owner. Karma will get that sad, sorry person that has it.

And your port suggestions and tour company reviews are quite helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantastic pics Kazu. Thanks for sharing. Sorry your camera never found its way back to its rightful owner. Karma will get that sad, sorry person that has it.

And your port suggestions and tour company reviews are quite helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These really are wonderful photos - and I loved the video with the singers. Clever you.;)

thanks so much. They are just Ipad pics. DH has a nicer camera but I don't dare touch it without permission;):p

I will try to get some more ports done and do a better job with the pics.

I could probably give the talk - I have a reputation for having to try every toilet enroute and then giving them scores out of 10:D My grandmother was the same so guess I follow her.

We used to do the same on car road trips. We used the Elmer Dills scale of 5 smiles as the highest. Several rated mltiple frowns.

We interrupt this thread for a live medical evacuation update

We have seen two ambulances come when we arrived in port and/ or as we were about to leave

Port.

Tonight we are sailing the Bosphorus and heading to the Black Sea when Captain Tim came on to announce we were turning around and heading back ti Istanbul. A passenger needs serious medical attention. We were only going back about an hour or so and not docking. While eating dinner we Saw the boats arrive heading towards us. I'm not Copper but if I understood correctly, one was the med evac boat and the other a security boat. The waves looked clear up here but those boats were rocking. Two crew members from the Prinsendam quickly jumped on board and had things set to right and the boat more steady and helped the passengers aboard. I heard several say that the crew members were heroes as they were the ones that made things happen. I have never seen a med evac like this one and I have To say that I am impressed,

Huge kudos to the crew of the Prinsendam for their wonderful actions and care. We are back on our way and Captain Tim has expressed best wishes for the passengers and will keep us informed. I join with him in the best wishes for them and thank him and the crew for the quick work to take care of them. We have a sea day ahead of us and then Batumi, Georgia, not a good place to be hospitalized. Captain Tim had assured us they are in good hands.

It is comforting to read this, as one of the Evacuees was my dear Uncle Bill.

Sadly, he passed away and is currently being brought back for his funeral.

While I am sad that I couldn't be with him when he was in need, I am comforted that her was near my Cruise Critic friends.

I have enjoyed this thread immensely as it brings me close to my Uncle's final days and helps me understand what a wonderful last few days he had.

Thanks, Jacqui...

While I am sad that I couldn't be with him when he was in need, I am comforted that her was near my Cruise Critic friends.

I have enjoyed this thread immensely as it brings me close to my Uncle's final days and helps me understand what a wonderful last few days he had.

Thanks, Jacqui...

So sorry to hear this. This is certainly not the outcome that we had all hoped for. Prayers for your family.

Thanks, Jacqui...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.

the couple was in my prayers that night and will certainly be in them tonight as will you.

I can't tell you how very sorry and saddened I am to hear this for you, your family and his family.

Our sincere sympathies.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.

the couple was in my prayers that night and will certainly be in them tonight as will you.

I can't tell you how very sorry and saddened I am to hear this for you, your family and his family.

Our sincere sympathies.

You're sweet... Thank you.

Sorry to put a damper on your thread, but I wanted you to know I enjoyed it.

Thanks, Jacqui...

Kevin,

So very sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing. Hopefully your happy memories of him will bring you comfort.

Asiwish, please accept my sympathy on your uncle's passing. I remember reading about the evacuation and hoping things would turn out okay. Sadly they didn't. You have a lot of friends on CC and I know they are sending good thoughts your way.

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle Bill. Am glad that he was enjoying life, though, when this happened. But, it isn't what anyone would want to have to go through.

And, as you say, nice that you've been able to read about his cruise on here.

Thanks, Jacqui...

So sorry to hear this. But at least you can take comfort in the fact that he was among friends and was well taken care of in his time of need.