Jeff's new 220 day world cruise 2014-2015

Rowsby

We will also be following, but it would be way too long for us to be away from family and friends. Also I have noticed on the WC blogs, they tear around, stop at such exotic places...but only for a few hours?????? I would like to explore the distant places for longer times. Seems it is more about being 'on board' than seeing the sights.

dm

I agree.

World cruises generally have more overnight ports than regular cruises, though.

HAL has some; Crystal has more. Maybe that is why there seems to be so many "serial" World cruisers: you have to keep going back to see everything in each port!

I would love to take the cruises he takes.

To be seeing all the ports for a few hours

is better than not seeing then at all. No

way could you take trips to all the places and

stay days unless you had lots of money.

Jeff keep posting and telling us what you did

and sending pictures of the places.

Thanks for doing it so us at home can enjoy.

We will also be following, but it would be way too long for us to be away from family and friends. Also I have noticed on the WC blogs, they tear around, stop at such exotic places...but only for a few hours?????? I would like to explore the distant places for longer times. Seems it is more about being 'on board' than seeing the sights.

dm

There are more overnights or multi-day stays in port on HAL Grand World Voyages than there were in years past. That can be a good thing, certainly. On most of these long voyages, opportunities exist, either through the cruise line or privately, for longer excursions away from the port.

Your comment about "seems it is more about being on board" is approrpiate for some percentage of the guests. Such long cruises do become a social experience with many friendships that are formed. And the annual renewal of such relationships is much enjoyed by many.

dm

It gives one a taste of the location and makes it easy to plan to go back or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

His most recent pictures taken in Australia make me SOOO glad I am not a kangaroo mom!

It looks like the poor dears are still carrying around their teenage joeys in their pouches! Ouch. Now I am sure the joey's aren't that old yet, but it sure looks like it.

Amazing pictures. My favorites are the close-ups of faces. I love how I can "feel" their presence through just the image.

Again, hope I have a chance to meet Mr. Tanman himself on the Panama Canal portion of his journey to express my admiration and appreciation.

Again, hope I have a chance to meet Mr. Tanman himself on the Panama Canal portion of his journey to express my admiration and appreciation.

Give him a thumb's up from us....his blog is one of the first things I check every morning...!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[This is a great blog. Yes it it. I am posting today to move Jeff's blog back toward the top of the listing. It had dropped to page 7. Sorry it this offends some of you, but I enjoy Jeff's blogs and wanted to make finding it easier.