Has RCCL been hacked?

04cruises

We have on our account for the next cruise outstanding balance of 39,148.00.

For that I want the RS and extra perks. When you call in person find out not an issue seems to be on our computers and not on theirs.

I'd make sure you have a correct invoice in writing.

My TA requested a fan in our cabin and about a week ago I received an email (very unprofessional looking one) saying they had received the request. It was from a person with a very foreign name that I couldn't pronounce and they had made a ship picture out of letters and symbols. As I said, it didn't even look like it had come from RCI. LOL

We have had a time of it on our QOS cruise with the Dynamic Dining RCI is in the process of installing. It had been resolved after countless "hours" and frustration. Then we got an email telling us that our 4:00pm dinner res was cancelled due to the fact that this restaurant was not open for dinner at 4. We NEVER booked this 4pm res.

I thought RCI had been hacked as well as they gave a name and number to call and when I called the number given it is was a man with a heavy accent, not at all anyone we are used to dealing with from RCI. who was seeking personal info.. I hung up and called the regular RCI number and was told to ignore it... So we did!! Very weird.. Is RCI sending their IT overseas as others have?? Who knows..

C

RCCL has been sending out lots of strange emails lately. Many people in our group got emails telling them to pick their times for My Time Dining; but we're all listed and confirmed for first seating.

One user reported the same thing and their cruise is still a year out.

No self respecting hacker would even enter the miasma that is the RCCL computer system....

You know when people type "LOL" for laugh out loud? Well, I actually did LOL for real, at your comment. Good one. :D ;)

Karen why did you book so far ahead, they don't know where their going yet :D.

Umm... I'm a planner? I'm obsessed? I had to book the time off work, actually. Bwahaha! :p

The last time I received an invoice that I didn't ask for it was because I was upgraded.

I wish that was the case! It didn't mention anything about an upgrade it just had the amount for the cruise and a zero balance as I've paid it off. They already sent this after I paid so I don't know why they would send it again weeks later.

Maybe I better re read it, just in case :D

I keep getting an email to book excursions for our Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2015. The email has the correct reservation # and itinerary (Norway), but lists the following options for excursions:

St. Petersburg 2 day package, A day in Stockholm, Tallinn Highlights tour, and City of Helsinki.

We do not stop in any of those ports. I just laugh. Serenade does do a Baltics cruise as well, so I suppose someone just has it inputted incorrectly. But seriously?? They must send me this same email about every week or two. Each time, I keep thinking they'll certainly get it right. Oh well!