Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

Spurchick,

The Costal Kitchen information was the rumor given on the eastbound TA and I wasn´t the only one to report this. On that cruise it was also said that the CL will move into the VCR. BTW this was a private cruise. There was a lot of talking going on on the eastbound and much stuff was actually misinformation or misunderstanding. Mommabean summed it up pretty well in her last post. Remember someone even said the CL will turn into cabins...

Fact is that the CL is not on the deckplans onboard. Photos have been posted not just by me.

The CL was closed for the westbound TA and used as storage for construction. Photos have been posted by others.

So far I haven´t read anything about what has been changed in the CL except for that nothing has been changed on deck 11. So we don´t know what has been changed on deck 12.

Lasted information given onboard was that the CL reopens temporarily (because they didn´t want to let this area unused til March). I can only repeat what the Hotel Director Assisstant was telling onboard (BTW on three different occasions and to specific questions). I can´t judge on whether this is the absolute truth or not.

Time will tell whether this is the last decision or whether/when there are more changes coming (remember the library is still open too and is even gone on the deckplans on the RCI website).

Adding those Dynamic Dining features was sort of a last minute decision. That´s one of the main reasons not everything was finished during the dry dock period.

steamboats

Wonderland will open on March 14 as planned unless they hit some snags which isn't likely. They simply put in the infrastructure and used the CL during the crossing as they finished doing what was needed to be done. I suspect there will be further construction upstairs and in the Library between now and March 14 that will be of no disruption to the CL which will remain open.

The space will be shared between Wonderland and the CL come March 14.

For the record, I was also fooled for a couple of months by people on board who should know. I personally think they thought they knew what they were talking about. When they are told a suite lounge will take the place of the Viking Crown Lounge, they probably believe this means the current concierge lounge (which they think of as a suite lounge since suites go there) will be shut down. It's probably all just a misunderstanding due to language issues and terms used.

Agree that it will most likely become shared space, and probably partly down to a language issue in part as well.

I fully understand there has also been a lot of misinformation passed out on board. At least you were prepared to say that you got bad information, and happy to admit that rumors aren't always fact;)especially when the rumors start onboard;)

Spurchick,

The Costal Kitchen information was the rumor given on the eastbound TA and I wasn´t the only one to report this. On that cruise it was also said that the CL will move into the VCR. BTW this was a private cruise. There was a lot of talking going on on the eastbound and much stuff was actually misinformation or misunderstanding. Mommabean summed it up pretty well in her last post. Remember someone even said the CL will turn into cabins...

Fact is that the CL is not on the deckplans onboard. Photos have been posted not just by me.

The CL was closed for the westbound TA and used as storage for construction. Photos have been posted by others.

So far I haven´t read anything about what has been changed in the CL except for that nothing has been changed on deck 11. So we don´t know what has been changed on deck 12.

Lasted information given onboard was that the CL reopens temporarily (because they didn´t want to let this area unused til March). I can only repeat what the Hotel Director Assisstant was telling onboard (BTW on three different occasions and to specific questions). I can´t judge on whether this is the absolute truth or not.

Time will tell whether this is the last decision or whether/when there are more changes coming (remember the library is still open too and is even gone on the deckplans on the RCI website).

Adding those Dynamic Dining features was sort of a last minute decision. That´s one of the main reasons not everything was finished during the dry dock period.

steamboats

I understand your comments, and I fully appreciate you were not the only one that posted these rumors. My point was more that whenever anyone disagreed with these opinions you were very insistent that your information was correct and from sources that could not possibly have the wrong info, where as others recognized their info was not official and was ship chatter so to speak.

I have seen the photos of deck plans, I have also seen Deck plans issued by RC that show it as shared space. I have also seen official RC flyers that clearly state there will be suite lounge, Diamond lounge and concierge lounge. Again they can change this at any time and I get that too. It is obvious that at this stage all the info doesn't match everywhere and no one can say with any certainty which the final correct version will be as it is currently all speculation.

I am also aware that the CL was closed TA whilst wonderland was reimagined, but at that stage you were adamant that is was closed permanently.

The main problem here is that there has been too much information between the ship and RC that has not been consistent and accurate.

I still do not see the point of keeping space open for the sake of keeping space open (CL) but that is just my opinion. It would cost them more to maintain open as would have to be staffed and supplied which they could adequately do in the now open suite lounge and diamond lounge IF that is the way they are moving forward.

Please don't take this as a personal attack as it is not, and I feel you haved shared some very insightful information. I think the lesson that needs to be learned from all of us is to just take with a pinch of salt any rumors we hear, even from onboard until official announcements are made. Until then opinions rule the waves:D

Happy sailing

Edited by Spurschick

Maybe the CL was not on the deck plans because it was not going to be open on the TA. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. Does anyone know if the deck plans have been modified for the current sailing?

As for now, all 3 lounges are open on Oasis. There are still only 2 concierges rotating on a two week schedule between the deck 11 concierge lounge and the deck 17 suite lounge. Those two are Rami and Israel. In the diamond lounge is Edgardo.

Are they still serving a la carte breakfast and lunch in the CL?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Risster75

Maybe the CL was not on the deck plans because it was not going to be open on the TA. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. Does anyone know if the deck plans have been modified for the current sailing?

I began to realize this was the case. They can probably change the deck plans from cruise to cruise with no problem. Not that they are always correct, but they are changeable. :)

Deck 11 is definitely open now whether or not it's on the deck plans on board.

I began to realize this was the case. They can probably change the deck plans from cruise to cruise with no problem. Not that they are always correct, but they are changeable. :)

Let's just hope they throw those old ones away. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The only flaw with this logic is that the deck plans did show Wonderland. However, on deck 4 port, the affixed sign shows Habachi.

Let's face it, it's so obvious someone was fed false information, and they can't admit that they were wrong, but hey CL is OPEN:cool:

In their defense, it was a report of what was heard, so the only thing to really admit is that the information appears to be inaccurate.

Nice to know that we now agree ("time will tell"), but this definitely won't be the last decision or change, we will just have to wait to find out what the next one will be.

In their defense, it was a report of what was heard, so the only thing to really admit is that the information appears to be inaccurate.

Nice to know that we now agree ("time will tell"), but this definitely won't be the last decision or change, we will just have to wait to find out what the next one will be.

Yes you are correct on what I said, maybe a little harsh, inaccurate information would of been better for me to have posted:)

Yes you are correct on what I said, maybe a little harsh, inaccurate information would of been better for me to have posted:)

No worries. ;) I actually choose "inaccurate", because until the ship is fully updated and running as specified in March, who knows what might still change.

I´m not talking about any print out deckplans but about the signage on all decks next to the elevators. This has been changed all over the ship from a clear board (like "glas" with letters on it) to big blue signs. Those signs next to the elevators can´t be changed that easy (sure they can but it´s a lot of money to change those from cruise to cruise).

Spurchick, I didn´t insist but I said that the person was dedicated to answer questions to my DH as media. And the person was of higher ranks of the hotel department. So I assumed the person knew what´s going on. And the person told it three times to my DH (who was insisting and asking). The first information given on the eastbound TA was more the rumor type. The information given to my DH was regarded as official (at least by us) and the person knew it will be published. And the other thing were facts summing up which showed it to be pretty unlikely that there will be a shared facility.

Hope we will get some information about any changes on the deck 12 from passengers on the current sailing ...

steamboats

I´m not talking about any print out deckplans but about the signage on all decks next to the elevators. This has been changed all over the ship from a clear board (like "glas" with letters on it) to big blue signs. Those signs next to the elevators can´t be changed that easy (sure they can but it´s a lot of money to change those from cruise to cruise).

Spurchick, I didn´t insist but I said that the person was dedicated to answer questions to my DH as media. And the person was of higher ranks of the hotel department. So I assumed the person knew what´s going on. And the person told it three times to my DH (who was insisting and asking). The first information given on the eastbound TA was more the rumor type. The information given to my DH was regarded as official (at least by us) and the person knew it will be published. And the other thing were facts summing up which showed it to be pretty unlikely that there will be a shared facility.

Hope we will get some information about any changes on the deck 12 from passengers on the current sailing ...

steamboats

I do believe Gina and I were referring to the permanent signage as well. Can we just wait a few days until we hear from someone on board before you dig in on your defense again

I do believe Gina and I were referring to the permanent signage as well. Can we just wait a few days until we hear from someone on board before you dig in on your defense again

You are correct. I wasn't talking about any printed signs that are set around the ship or on paper. I thought I saw a "wayfinder" sign photo posted here on cc - which can be changed in an instant since they are computerized. Just like they change the digital signage for the theater shows each night, the wayfinders on board can be changed at any point. One cruise it may not show a CL (since they didn't want people thinking deck 11 CL was open on the crossing) and the next week it may have the CL showing again - like this week since the CL is open.

Also for the record in case anyone is going on Oasis soon, the current deck 11 concierge is Rami for two weeks beginning Oct 27. The deck 17 concierge is Israel. They will rotate positions on November 10. The two week rotation is in place until further notice.

I'm trying to find out. I don't know if I'll know anytime soon. My best guess would be yes as I believe it's business as usual aside from the concierge rotations and the construction on board. People will be back from this cruise next Monday and reports will likely come in.

Be patient.

You are correct. I wasn't talking about any printed signs that are set around the ship or on paper. I thought I saw a "wayfinder" sign photo posted here on cc - which can be changed in an instant since they are computerized. Just like they change the digital signage for the theater shows each night, the wayfinders on board can be changed at any point. One cruise it may not show a CL (since they didn't want people thinking deck 11 CL was open on the crossing) and the next week it may have the CL showing again - like this week since the CL is open.

I wasn´t talking about the computerized wayfinder screens but the non changeble signage next to the elevators. Like this one.

steamboats

Wonderland2.jpg.b8724717b6eb6eb8a10d897e875bed55.jpg

I'm trying to find out. I don't know if I'll know anytime soon. My best guess would be yes as I believe it's business as usual aside from the concierge rotations and the construction on board. People will be back from this cruise next Monday and reports will likely come in.

Be patient.

Sorry...thought you were on the cruise reporting back on these things. Thanks!

Sorry...thought you were on the cruise reporting back on these things. Thanks!

The info is from a concierge on board. I don't want to annoy him with little questions here and there since he needs to be tending to his current guests, not past and future guest me. :)

But the other info I supplied is accurate.

The info is from a concierge on board. I don't want to annoy him with little questions here and there since he needs to be tending to his current guests, not past and future guest me. :)

But the other info I supplied is accurate.

No problem. Looking forward to an upcoming B2B on Oasis starting 11/15 and part of the attraction was the CL which we experienced on the Allure in May. So was just trying to determine if they were back to normal/usual service now that it has reopened on Oasis.

I am sure your info is accurate...given all the misinformation that has plagued this thread it's nice to read some posts grounded in fact.

Thanks!!!

I'm sorry to have to tell you that my best guess about this was WRONG! :(

There is only continental breakfast in the deck 11 concierge lounge and snacks at lunch time. There is no more cooked food and no beer or wine either in the CL.

The cooked to order breakfast and lunch is considered a suite perk and therefore is only available on deck 17 for suites and pinnacle club members.

This is the current information as of this week. I know this is a disappointment for many.