Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

"Looking at the rendering of Wonderland which shows the upper level (deck 12, former Chef´s Table area) there will be only one larger table on deck 12 (and actually there´s not much more space up there). So the main seating area of Wonderland will be on deck 11. I assume that they also need a larger galley for Wonderland. I don´t remember where I read something about the number of seats in Wonderland but I do have 60 in my mind. Deck 11 is not that large that you can operate a restaurant plus a lounge"

TO ME...it looks like the rendering is showing deck 11 (the lower level) If you look above the center of the banquette, you can see the stairs leading up to the "former" chefs table area

and the steel stanchions holding up the balcony above. Also in the background you can see the curved, sloped top of a similar banquette against the windows in the "sunken" part of the room.

"Looking at the rendering of Wonderland which shows the upper level (deck 12, former Chef´s Table area) there will be only one larger table on deck 12 (and actually there´s not much more space up there). So the main seating area of Wonderland will be on deck 11. I assume that they also need a larger galley for Wonderland. I don´t remember where I read something about the number of seats in Wonderland but I do have 60 in my mind. Deck 11 is not that large that you can operate a restaurant plus a lounge"

TO ME...it looks like the rendering is showing deck 11 (the lower level) If you look above the center of the banquette, you can see the stairs leading up to the "former" chefs table area

and the steel stanchions holding up the balcony above. Also in the background you can see the curved, sloped top of a similar banquette against the windows in the "sunken" part of the room.

Where do you see this rendering? I'm wondering how it compares to the one I saw on the webcast where it looked like none I remember seeing so far.

I think the 60 seats you have in mind may come from the Quantum information. I'll go back and listen to that part of the webcast again and see if a seat count is mentioned. I listened so many times to make sure there was no room to misinterpret the CL information as it relates to Wonderland. I don't remember hearing a seat count.

Here is the artist's rendering of Wonderland on Oasis as shown in the webcast released yesterday:

ScreenShot2014-10-23at91139AM.png

I believe that is a wall to buffer the sound from each location but still allow a bit of view through the clear spaces. It also appears so other walls will be put in upstairs to make smaller, more private areas. Not that the artist's rendering is even close to the final result. It's just how it appears to me. This looks like the upstairs area where Chef's Table was located.

Edited by mommabean

Sorry...part of my post was a quote from STEAMBOATS (#223)..

My part was below it, starting with "to me"

The rendering I was referring to, was the one in STEAMBOATS post. I had not seen the one you posted yet.

Edited by DCT61

Sorry...part of my post was a quote from STEAMBOATS (#223)..

My part was below it, starting with "to me"

The rendering I was referring to, was the one in STEAMBOATS post. I had not seen the one you posted yet.

I don't see any rendering in STEAMBOATS posts. Are you able to provide a link to that post or a direct quote?

Post #223...where is says: "looking at Ken's pictures HERE". The second picture down "coming soon"

Thanks, I see what you mean now. It really looks like the table is on deck 12 but that they superimposed it on a deck 11 background partially. I see those stairs, but the larger window is how it appears from deck 12. That sign was probably created a while back. The webcast picture may be a more recent rendering. And even so, it may not end up looking like that either.

Unlike the smaller ships, they seemed to have no problem filling Chef's Table. At least not on the sailings I've been on. So maybe this is being put in to have a just slightly larger capacity and still only need the upstairs location. They could easily double or triple the capacity with the existing side area upstairs and increase revenue. They could possibly even be knocking out some of the wall area upstairs. I have no idea what was behind the walls. Of course there has to be some sort of galley somewhere.

And hopefully the library is being made into an access area so that people won't need to cut through the concierge lounge.

This video shows the CL and Chef's table area

The rendering posted by mommabean appears to show the upstairs (i.e. Chef's Table area) where it looks as if a patterned glass wall has been placed to separate it from the CL downstairs (as can been seen under the Wonderland sign). It would also appear as if they have knocked down the wall behind the large table (the one with the big mirror) and the partition at the end of the table as there appear to be other tables there. The space is bigger than a lot of people are remembering it and I can easily see how a restaurant could fit just within that space leaving room for the CL on deck 11.

Edited by Bobal

This video shows the CL and Chef's table area

The rendering posted by mommabean appears to show the upstairs (i.e. Chef's Table area) where it looks as if a patterned glass wall has been placed to separate it from the CL downstairs (as can been seen under the Wonderland sign). It would also appear as if they have knocked down the wall behind the large table (the one with the big mirror) and the partition at the end of the table as there appear to be other tables there. The space is bigger than a lot of people are remembering it and I can easily see how a restaurant could fit just within that space leaving room for the CL on deck 11.

I see it how you do now. I think you are absolutely correct. If they knock down that mirrored wall, it makes all the difference. I looked at old photos I have of the area and I can see little snack sized low tables and 2 chairs lined up by the railing - they were always unused. The tables aren't large enough to dine at but with the wall removed on the back it would make a huge difference as to what they can fit in that area. And the railing partition is all that's needed for noise control at the earlier dining times. You seem very good at envisioning it the way many of us couldn't.

What I'd love to know is why the thread started by the official Royal Caribbean poster out of Miami didn't make it clear what would happen to the CL and why when asked, they wouldn't respond. It seems a little evasive. But why?

Edited by mommabean

DH just spoke to the assisstant hotel director who said there will be an announcement on Monday, Oct 27th.... whatever that means!

steamboats

PS: Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the rendering which is currently located at the entrance of the former CL and which is shown in Ken´s photos.

DH just spoke to the assisstant hotel director who said there will be an announcement on Monday, Oct 27th.... whatever that means!

steamboats

PS: Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the rendering which is currently located at the entrance of the former CL and which is shown in Ken´s photos.

Again, I have to ask why wait? Either they still don't have deck plans for this area and they're figuring it out as they go:eek:, or they're unusually fond of frustrating their loyal customers!:p

Edited by Cindy

Again, I have to ask why wait? Either they still don't have deck plans for this area and they're figuring it out as they go:eek:, or they're unusually fond of frustrating their loyal customers!:p

Really. It's ridiculous that they won't just say what is happening and be up front with it. Are they waiting to see if they can get the construction supplies out of the CL before Monday? Then they'll just have to delay opening what they have already told agents to tell their clients will be open on Oct 27? People will board believing one thing and then will find out there are more delays?

A lot of people are expecting Coastal Kitchen to open on November 8. Maybe they will be disappointed, too. (Not that I've heard anything) RCI really needs to step up to the plate and be a lot more open about delays and make some public statements. The officers on board should also be more open.

The same could be said for Quantum which there have also been rumors about.

Really. It's ridiculous that they won't just say what is happening and be up front with it. Are they waiting to see if they can get the construction supplies out of the CL before Monday? Then they'll just have to delay opening what they have already told agents to tell their clients will be open on Oct 27? People will board believing one thing and then will find out there are more delays?

A lot of people are expecting Coastal Kitchen to open on November 8. Maybe they will be disappointed, too. (Not that I've heard anything) RCI really needs to step up to the plate and be a lot more open about delays and make some public statements. The officers on board should also be more open.

The same could be said for Quantum which there have also been rumors about.

Insides are $299 for October 27. :eek:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I realize this doesn't mean the CL won't be back on deck 11 and open on October 27th but I'm on the sailing on October 27th in a suite and received a email from Concierge's Israel and Rami regarding using the suite lounge on deck 17th, no mention of CL being available on deck 11 even though they know our suite is on that deck. Also when I replied back with a request, I asked when Coastal Kitchen would be open and they also gave the date of November 8th.

Edited by evoni

:D:D:D

BTW the same person told my DH at the beginning of the TA that the CL is gone and won´t return... now there´ll be an "announcement" on Monday. He´s still on that and wants to ask if he can get photos (of whatever!) Monday morning before he has to disembark.

But looking at all those photos posted on here... I doubt that there will be anything accessible on Monday! As I said - no construction work in the aisle leading to the former CL entrance door and no construction work in the library.

steamboats

BTW the same person told my DH at the beginning of the TA that the CL is gone and won´t return... now there´ll be an "announcement" on Monday. He´s still on that and wants to ask if he can get photos (of whatever!) Monday morning before he has to disembark.

But looking at all those photos posted on here... I doubt that there will be anything accessible on Monday! As I said - no construction work in the aisle leading to the former CL entrance door and no construction work in the library.

steamboats

I think your husband needs better sources

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

steamboats

We are B2B on 11/29, and am hoping that the announcement is a change in their original plans, otherwise why would there be an announcement. I am thinking they have no reason to make this an announcement, unless it is positive for the CL. Can you imagine them getting us geared up for an announcement, to announce the removal of something? H

My guess is if the old CL location becomes a shared area like the deck plan shows, it will be remain the CL for breakfast & lunch area for the D+/P's and will become a specialty restaurant (Wonderland) during the evening. I can't see the area being both the CL for D+/P's and a specialty restaurant when the restaurant is open.

I think your husband needs better sources

At least that person is his official contact as he´s traveling as media.

Can you imagine them getting us geared up for an announcement, to announce the removal of something? H

Would be something new :D!!

The Grumpus, I can´t imagine a shared CL/Wonderland during restaurant times too. But then you won´t have the CL open for the Cocktail Hour...

steamboats

aka Carmen

My guess is if the old CL location becomes a shared area like the deck plan shows, it will be remain the CL for breakfast & lunch area for the D+/P's ....

I hope you're correct but I doubt it. Since the Coastal kitchen offers lunch for suites and P's, there is no reason to expect any version of a CL will serve lunch to D+. :(:(:(

But it probably doesn't matter since I'll be with many other formerly loyal D+ members that are moving to Princess

Edited by dz9yvr