Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

It's Monday!!! Carmen do you have a copy or a link to the official release from RC, that you said would be out today

Thanks

Graham

Sorry, haven´t heard anything so far. I´m not sure whether it will be an official press release or some kind of announcement onboard only.

Ken posted in his thread that he has news about the CL. But he didn´t come back on that topic so far.

steamboats

But back to the topic at hand....

You are the one who made the statement that many of the D+ perks are disappearing.

When challenged to name one, you chose to switch the subject completely

and have ignored the question.

Answer please.

You are the one who made the statement that many of the D+ perks are disappearing.

When challenged to name one, you chose to switch the subject completely

and have ignored the question.

Answer please.

Aw, can we perhaps just wish DZ well on Princess?

If DZ thinks Princess is a better value for their cruise desires, that is reason enough for them to to sail Princess. If, of all the special things about Oasis Class ships, the only feature that mattered to DZ was lunch in CL:eek:, well, there must be a big mismatch between cruiser and cruiseline. If DZ is sure they would not like D Dining, then most likely they will not like D dining (self-knowlegde or self-fulfilling gives same result). I'd rather DZ did not invoke D+ cutbacks for their departure from the lineas it sounds like sour grapes rationalization, but it matters little as you've made your points about alleged cutbacks.

I look forward to hearing about the future of the Oasis CL.

Edited by Starry Eyes

I just read on the D D+ Pinnacle chat thread that someone entered the concierge lounge on deck 11 this morning and it appears as it did before. Meaning it looks normal is how I understood it. I suspect it will be open for business tonight as was announced on the webcast. It doesn't take long to move things into and out of a room when there is crew working 24 hours a day.

I just read on the D D+ Pinnacle chat thread that someone entered the concierge lounge on deck 11 this morning and it appears as it did before. Meaning it looks normal is how I understood it. I suspect it will be open for business tonight as was announced on the webcast. It doesn't take long to move things into and out of a room when there is crew working 24 hours a day.

Thanks Gina

As most had predicted then ;)

CL is GONE!!! Where did we hear that story:p

(12 wonderland 11 CL)

Business as usual then..

Still waiting for this Monday announcement that was predicted :confused:

Happy Days!

Graham

Edited by PompeySailor

I would give a link but don't have that ability with tapatalk. The person who entered the concierge lounge this morning is on a back to back cruise and used the new key for the cruise beginning today.

I hope you don't mind the help.

At FLL now after oasis TA.

Long delayed departure by maybe 3 hours.

Friend on b2b used her new sea pass card this AM and entered deck 11 CL looked same as before she said. We unfortunately did not have use of it for the TA! Only the new deck 4 for all diamond & PC lounge.

Well this is EXACTLy what they said in the travel agent webcast. So this is VERY positive to hear - as this to me indicates that the CL will be for D+, PC & suites (great for those of us who booked suites or balconies on deck 11), DL for diamonds, D+ & PC, and the new SL for suites & PC.

D+ can now turn that frown upside down. Order has been restored and OA/AL beckon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Gina

As most had predicted then ;)

CL is GONE!!! Where did we hear that story:p

(12 wonderland 11 CL)

Business as usual then..

Still waiting for this Monday announcement that was predicted :confused:

Happy Days!

Graham

I guess D+ weren't thrown under the bus then, were they!??:D

Edited by cruisenfever

Well this is EXACTLy what they said in the travel agent webcast. So this is VERY positive to hear - as this to me indicates that the CL will be for D+, PC & suites (great for those of us who booked suites or balconies on deck 11), DL for diamonds, D+ & PC, and the new SL for suites & PC.

D+ can now turn that frown upside down. Order has been restored and OA/AL beckon :)

Like +1 👍

Still waiting for the reliable media resource information on CL being GONE:D

Happy Days!

Likewise we are on deck11 also, 6 short strides to the lovely CL:)

So in other words

CL was closed TA as was being used as store room to facilitate work to wonderland. Hence why D+ used suite lounge and now all back to normal.

All the "insider knowledge" that was so say fact was hearsay and assumptions and not based on anything official from RC

Like myself, and several others stated much earlier in the post there was NEVER anything official to say Cl was being removed, which was why we questioned whether these comments being posted were rumors or fact.

Suffice to say lesson learned never assume until official, and never believe all you hear on board as FACT:rolleyes:

Does that mean D+ no longer jumping ship:D

So in other words

CL was closed TA as was being used as store room to facilitate work to wonderland. Hence why D+ used suite lounge and now all back to normal.

All the "insider knowledge" that was so say fact was hearsay and assumptions and not based on anything official from RC

Like myself, and several others stated much earlier in the post there was NEVER anything official to say Cl was being removed, which was why we questioned whether these comments being posted were rumors or fact.

Suffice to say lesson learned never assume until official, and never believe all you hear on board as FACT:rolleyes:

Does that mean D+ no longer jumping ship:D

Like +1 👍

Still waiting for the reliable media resource information on CL being GONE:D

Happy Days!

Likewise we are on deck11 also, 6 short strides to the lovely CL:)

Now let's focus on more pressing issues - Jeans and shorts in the MDR. Lol.

Happy cruising y'all. Once again we have learned a valuable lesson. Don't believe everything you hear on onboard - even if it is from the captain's uncle's friend's mother's sister. :). See you in the CL. Drinks on me.

If a Suite Guest is a Diamond Member, wouldn't they not have access to the DL as well?

I was kind of hoping that the non loyalty tier suite guests would not have access to old CL. And the non suite PC's would not have access to suite lounge. As long as they staff Suite Lounge with a concierge, what would be the downside of that? That may not work because of coastal kitchen though. Oh well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I was kind of hoping that the non loyalty tier suite guests would not have access to old CL. And the non suite PC's would not have access to suite lounge. As long as they staff Suite Lounge with a concierge, what would be the downside of that? That may not work because of coastal kitchen though. Oh well.

That's one of the benefits when earning Pinnacle Club Level........ you also earn the Gold Card. So you can't get rid of us that easy!!:p

That's one of the benefits when earning Pinnacle Club Level........ you also earn the Gold Card. So you can't get rid of us that easy!!:p

It's not so much the card as the programming attached to it. :p

I wasn't trying to get rid of you anyway, just keep you in the CL with us

Seems like everyone got a different information onboard...

I also doubt that the current CL will be turned into cabins... We were told it´ll be a suite restaurant (Coastal Kitchen).

steamboats

Just in from my DH: Wonderland will take up all of the former Concierge Lounge. Suite Lounge will be for Suite and Pinnacle only. Diamond and Diamond+ are "limited" to the new Diamond Lounge.

steamboats

Sorry I could not post replies to four different posts at once so please follow

So far you have stated CL WAS becoming coastal kitchen. I think we can now all safely assume this is INCORRECT

Secondly IF Wonderland taking up ALL of CL then why is CL reopen. Surely it would need to be closed for them to reimagine?

My DH is onboard. Yes, those first deckplans simply were wrong. The deckplans onboard don´t show the CL anymore. BTW RCI did now confirm this in this thread.

Currently the Library is still open. But it will be consumed by Wonderland. The area is a construction side. DH had a chance to peek in this morning as the doors were open.

steamboats

Yes, CL is open again. But that might not be lasting on forever. You have to wait til March.

steamboats

If deck plans do not have CL on it hence in your own words it is gone, then why is it reopen.:confused:

I do not understand any logic why if the Suite lounge is for suites and pinnacles, and is open, and the new DL is open WHY would they reopen CL for a short period of time. To me it would make much more sense that the new rules would have applied from the minute they were ready and operational.

Yes, we will wait to March to see, but again it sounds like they have done nothing to convert CL into wonderland and as such if it is turning into wonderland it would need to be closed prior to convert. Which again leads me to ask why it wasn't done at the same time?

Yes time will tell.

If deck plans do not have CL on it hence in your own words it is gone, then why is it reopen.:confused:

I do not understand any logic why if the Suite lounge is for suites and pinnacles, and is open, and the new DL is open WHY would they reopen CL for a short period of time. To me it would make much more sense that the new rules would have applied from the minute they were ready and operational.

Yes, we will wait to March to see, but again it sounds like they have done nothing to convert CL into wonderland and as such if it is turning into wonderland it would need to be closed prior to convert. Which again leads me to ask why it wasn't done at the same time?

Yes time will tell.

Wonderland will open on March 14 as planned unless they hit some snags which isn't likely. They simply put in the infrastructure and used the CL during the crossing as they finished doing what was needed to be done. I suspect there will be further construction upstairs and in the Library between now and March 14 that will be of no disruption to the CL which will remain open.

The space will be shared between Wonderland and the CL come March 14.

Will that be a Monday in March when we will get the official announcement that the CL is gone;)

Let's face it, it's so obvious someone was fed false information, and they can't admit that they were wrong, but hey CL is OPEN:cool:

For the record, I was also fooled for a couple of months by people on board who should know. I personally think they thought they knew what they were talking about. When they are told a suite lounge will take the place of the Viking Crown Lounge, they probably believe this means the current concierge lounge (which they think of as a suite lounge since suites go there) will be shut down. It's probably all just a misunderstanding due to language issues and terms used.

Edited by mommabean