Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

At least that person is his official contact as he´s traveling as media.

Would be something new :D!!

The Grumpus, I can´t imagine a shared CL/Wonderland during restaurant times too. But then you won´t have the CL open for the Cocktail Hour...

steamboats

aka Carmen

Unless anything comes direct from RC it is not accurate just hearsay, and not proven either way until official release from RC. Plenty of so say itk people on board have been proven to have given inaccurate info recently.

Secondly they ran chefs table and CL at same time from what I understand, so why exactly should the new setup be any different? If the wonderland tables are a separate section to CL there is ZERO reason why both can't be open concurrently, just like chefs table was.

Edited by Spurschick

I´d suppose that high rank officials on board which are dedicated to answer questions to media people do know what is going on and what they are saying...

The Chef´s Table was only one table for 14 people on the upper deck. That group usually met at the library and then was led through the CL and up to the table. So there was no constant coming and going or anything like that. The lower deck (11) was used as CL, the upper deck (12) for the Chef´s Table. No interferance. With a full operating restaurant you have people coming and going - some have dinner at 6 pm others at 7 others at 8 and so on. And you have more tables than just one.

steamboats

I´d suppose that high rank officials on board which are dedicated to answer questions to media people do know what is going on and what they are saying...

The Chef´s Table was only one table for 14 people on the upper deck. That group usually met at the library and then was led through the CL and up to the table. So there was no constant coming and going or anything like that. The lower deck (11) was used as CL, the upper deck (12) for the Chef´s Table. No interferance. With a full operating restaurant you have people coming and going - some have dinner at 6 pm others at 7 others at 8 and so on. And you have more tables than just one.

steamboats

Just to support what you've heard, yesterday I received an email from a pinnacle club member on board - no not media...but - He detailed which crown and anchor levels are where right now, and where they will be on October 27, all of which is the same as what I've heard so far.

But he was told that as of March there will be no CL on deck 11. This is what's going around and what I was also told about Allure.

That being said I think the information is wrong and mainly because of the confusion over what is a "suite lounge". I think there are language issues that lead many, if not most, on board to think that means the concierge lounge is being moved. And then they just believe that Wonderland is taking all of deck 11 and 12 in the CL location.

I happen to believe now that there will be an alternative access to deck 12 from the library since it will be a full time restaurant. The rendering in the travel agent's webcast as of Wednesday last week shows a noise reducing wall panel in the place of the current railing. And because I heard this directly on the webcast which included dates stating - the concierge lounge will be the "primary" user of the space beginning "October 27" and the space will be "shared" between the CL and Wonderland beginning "March 14" I happen to believe the webcast is correct.

Like I said before, if the webcast made to update travel agents of what to inform their clients is wrong, then RCI has major issues. I'd say these issues are greater than their IT problems. But I really believe they've come up with a way to share that space to the satisfaction of both the CL guests and the Wonderland guests. And I believe there are going to be 3 lounges on Oasis and soon on Allure.

The Diamond lounge is for D, D+, and PC.

The Concierge lounge is for D+, PC, and Suites.

The Suite lounge is for Suites and PC.

And that information is current as of Wednesday afternoon on the webcast. I watched it again last night to see if I was missing something or misunderstanding. It is as I've stated here.

D has one option. D+ has two options. Suites have two options. PC has 3 options.

I'm curious as to why your husband and my friend on board are being told otherwise. And I've also been told otherwise at various times by high ranking people who should know. But I've been told the wrong things in the past, too.

Edited by mommabean

Just to support what you've heard, yesterday I received an email from a pinnacle club member on board - no not media...but - He detailed which crown and anchor levels are where right now, and where they will be on October 27, all of which is the same as what I've heard so far.

Like I said before, if the webcast made to update travel agents of what to inform their clients is wrong, then RCI has major issues. I'd say these issues are greater than their IT problems. But I really believe they've come up with a way to share that space to the satisfaction of both the CL guests and the Wonderland guests. And I believe there are going to be 3 lounges on Oasis and soon on Allure.

The Diamond lounge is for D, D+, and PC.

The Concierge lounge is for D+, PC, and Suites.

The Suite lounge is for Suites and PC.

And that information is current as of Wednesday afternoon on the webcast. I watched it again last night to see if I was missing something or misunderstanding. It is as I've stated here.

D has one option. D+ has two options. Suites have two options. PC has 3 options.

I'm curious as to why your husband and my friend on board are being told otherwise. And I've also been told otherwise at various times by high ranking people who should know. But I've been told the wrong things in the past, too.

Agree with you on this 100%

Would take the knowledge and information from a seasoned RC pinnacle cruiser

Rather than from media and a lesser experienced RC cruiser;)

3 lounges for this size of ship, with drink vouchers as well, pleases the masses:cool:

Happy Days!

Agree with you on this 100%

Would take the knowledge and information from a seasoned RC pinnacle cruiser

Rather than from media and a lesser experienced RC cruiser;)

3 lounges for this size of ship, with drink vouchers as well, pleases the masses:cool:

Happy Days!

And this is exactly right. They've had enough trouble with overcrowding of both lounges on these ships. And the suites haven't been as easy to keep fully booked. Thinning the crowds with 3 lounges is what was needed on a ship this size and the suite guests will be much happier with a less crowded area. And notice how the new suite area has been created on the floor with the suites that have been most difficult to keep fully booked. Maybe it will be a little easier to sell those suites rather than keep using them as upgrades.

And this is exactly right. They've had enough trouble with overcrowding of both lounges on these ships. And the suites haven't been as easy to keep fully booked. Thinning the crowds with 3 lounges is what was needed on a ship this size and the suite guests will be much happier with a less crowded area. And notice how the new suite area has been created on the floor with the suites that have been most difficult to keep fully booked. Maybe it will be a little easier to sell those suites rather than keep using them as upgrades.

👍+1

We typically get a suite on CL deck level whatever ship or class, if we have to walk up to 17 for suite lounge. No big deal, down to 4 no Biggy for DL and if to CL on 11, even better👍

Love the fact we (may/will) have more options depending where we may be on the ship at any given time with a lounge near by😃

Thanks for the posting on the updated information.

So is the CL still there on Oasis class ships???

Just a little confused if it remains on deck 11.

or

Did it move somewhere.

I understand the suite lounge and Diamond and pinacle but....thanks

Sea Ya

Mommabean, the renderding shown on Ken´s photo (the poster hanging at the entrance of the old CL) is definitely showing deck 12 and the former Chef´s Table area. Up there it´s not big enough for much else. The rendering you´ve posted shows a lot of tables and it looks more like deck 11. Plus I do think they will need some more space for the galley. I don´t think that all of the tables shown in your rendering can be squeezed into the library area. But we´ll have to wait and see.

PompeySailor, besides my DH being a cruise journalist we´re also Diamond members (without sailing in suites with double points). We´ve been on the eastbound TA (as family and regular paying passengers). We´ve spent 24 nights in total on the Oasis (not regarding this TA). We´ve been on the Serenade, Liberty, Majesty, Vision, Allure, Splendour, Navigator, Voyager, Grandeur and Oasis. RCI is the cruise line we cruised most (as private vacation).

steamboats

Mommabean, the renderding shown on Ken´s photo (the poster hanging at the entrance of the old CL) is definitely showing deck 12 and the former Chef´s Table area. Up there it´s not big enough for much else. The rendering you´ve posted shows a lot of tables and it looks more like deck 11. Plus I do think they will need some more space for the galley. I don´t think that all of the tables shown in your rendering can be squeezed into the library area. But we´ll have to wait and see.

PompeySailor, besides my DH being a cruise journalist we´re also Diamond members (without sailing in suites with double points). We´ve been on the eastbound TA (as family and regular paying passengers). We´ve spent 24 nights in total on the Oasis (not regarding this TA). We´ve been on the Serenade, Liberty, Majesty, Vision, Allure, Splendour, Navigator, Voyager, Grandeur and Oasis. RCI is the cruise line we cruised most (as private vacation).

steamboats

Carmen

Looked at your cruise diary, and only saw 3 RC cruises:)

Do not really care about you being diamond, or how you achieved that status.

I just prefer to get my facts from certain seasoned cruisers and reliable sources.

I have contacts in RC and friends on ships, they tell me stuff, but I do not post any of that on CC,

As sometimes even information passed within a company is not always accurate.

Only when I see or have 100% factual information will I then post it.

Once the CL crisis has been resolved and it is actually a CL and Wonderland, we can all sit back chill and debate the topic of the next tier level between D+ and Pinnacle.:D

You have any news on that and when it will be rolled out?

Happy Days!

PompeySailor, on my website - which I have started recently - I only have covered the last two years and BTW it´s four cruises (Splendour, Navigator, Majesty, Oasis). For my full cruise history you have to check here.

I try to post accurate information and as I said elsewhere DH didn´t just "talk with a waiter" (with all respect to all the hard working waiters onboard!). The information was given to him officially with no "please do not tell anyone" but as something he was allowed to publish. His website is in German, so even with google translation this is more a funny read for you than a correct translated information.

News will roll out on Monday. That´s the latest information. Then we will all know officially what´s going on.

steamboats

I hope you're correct but I doubt it. Since the Coastal kitchen offers lunch for suites and P's, there is no reason to expect any version of a CL will serve lunch to D+. :(:(:(

But it probably doesn't matter since I'll be with many other formerly loyal D+ members that are moving to Princess

Sorry to see you go -- are you leaving because of rumors unsubstantiated by fact? I would be interested to know the specifics of why there is this exodus of D+ to Princess.

(I have a friend who flies airline A, and says he will never fly them again. He then moves on to airline B, same result, and airline C, same result. Before you know it, he is back to airline A. He is still searching for that elusive perfection.)

steamboats

I really am not trying to argue with you. My point is that numerous people have posted info over time coming from people as high up as the captain that has proven to be incorrect. :rolleyes: My point is that any info received that is not in an official release by RC, whilst it may have been given in good faith does not make it 100% FACT. As such i just feel it should be conveyed as info received in good faith as opposed to this is what is happening and because it came from someone on board it is accurate.

I am not saying the info you have is or isn't correct, but until official release of info even you must appreciate that until official announcements are made no company releases ALL info to the press before official announcements are made.

Sorry to see you go -- are you leaving because of rumors unsubstantiated by fact? I would be interested to know the specifics of why there is this exodus of D+ to Princess.

(I have a friend who flies airline A, and says he will never fly them again. He then moves on to airline B, same result, and airline C, same result. Before you know it, he is back to airline A. He is still searching for that elusive perfection.)

Not really unsubstantiated rumors... There are several reasons. DD is at the top of the list, far fewer choices that interest me. The exceptional CL on Oasis and Allure has kept me coming back and I often enjoyed lunch and a beer in the CL. Now, Coastal Kitchen exists for P and suites I just don't see RCL offering lunch in 2 places (assuming that the CL still exists). There has been constant cost cutting at RCL ( no chocolates at night, fewer free items in the coupon book, etc) After a while it all adds up. The disappearance of the Headliner Show on Oasis. I enjoyed seeing BeatleMania and Mosaic. Finally the confusing price strategy at RCL where they raise the prices and then put them on sale. I really don't like playing their pricing games.

Yes, Princess seems to be an equivalent product to RCL but usually cheaper.

BTW the airline analogy is not appropriate. Since the airlines have been deregulated, most of us really don't have a choice about an airline. I'm stuck with Delta and for me to fly another airline, I need to make at least 1 more stop. Most cruise lines offer similar itineraries.

Come and join me at Princess

Edited by dz9yvr

steamboats

Why do you insist on your information being correct while others have admitted that they may have been mis-informed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If a Suite Guest is a Diamond Member, wouldn't they not have access to the DL as well?

Obviously a diamond member would have access to the diamond lounge no matter what room they are booked into. :rolleyes: That is irrelevant. I can't believe anyone booked into a suite who is a diamond member would think that being in a suite would disqualify them from their diamond member benefits.

steamboats

I disagree. That rendering I posted is clearly deck 12 from the stairway side of the room. That patterned wall has clear spaces in it where you can see through to the upper part of deck 11. Walls are added in the picture. It's simply a rendering and not a real photo. I don't believe they need any more space for a galley because the restaurant isn't going to be as large as on Quantum.

If the concierge lounge is removed from deck 11 by March, then the webcast just published this week is completely wrong. I'd video that part with my phone and put it on youtube if I believed I was allowed. It might be in violation of a copyright, therefore I won't rebroadcast it. It specifically states that the concierge lounge for D+ and above loyalty guests will be shared space with Wonderland as of March 14. It specifically states that Chef's Table and the Library will become Wonderland. They could be no more clear and neither can I.

That doesn't mean they can't change their minds and do whatever they want. I'm just telling you what the most recent information I've seen and heard is stating.

100% correct. Just a small missed point I would believe. Then the Diamond suite guest would have three venues as well.

The only point is that a diamond member has access to the diamond lounge - room booked is irrelevant when listing who is allowed into each lounge. Has anyone ever heard of a diamond member being turned away from the diamond lounge when the concierge finds out they are in a suite? No. Non-eligible suite members don't have access to the DL so there is no reason to put "some suites" on the list since that is not a qualifier for the lounge. It is one's diamond status only that qualifies them.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at91139AM.png

Mommabean,

I´ve attached the other rendering which is clearly showing the "rails" of the balcony type deck 12 area and no sound protection wall.

Unless they have completey redesigned the room I´d say those two renderings are showing deck 12 (the one I´ve attached) and deck 11 (yours). Your rendering is showing 3 rows of tables, the small tables for two, the big table in the middle and you see chairs on the left side. I don´t remember deck 12 being that wide. I remember there was only space for the big Chef´s table and not much more. I agree that it looks like you can look through that "wall" next to the small tables on the right side.

We have to wait til March to see how it looks like and maybe until tomorrow to get a definite statement by RCI about the future of the Concierge Lounge.

steamboats

wonderland_6678.jpg.2fc1d35c6163761a2bbae29cb3e5253b.jpg

Why do you insist on your information being correct while others have admitted that they may have been mis-informed

Sorry, there might have been a misunderstanding... I only wanted to say that I expected a media contact person to give out correct information. The first information was the CL is gone. Then it´s being said there will be an announcement on Monday (Oct 27th) regarding the future of the CL.

steamboats

Mommabean,

I´ve attached the other rendering which is clearly showing the "rails" of the balcony type deck 12 area and no sound protection wall.

Unless they have completey redesigned the room I´d say those two renderings are showing deck 12 (the one I´ve attached) and deck 11 (yours). Your rendering is showing 3 rows of tables, the small tables for two, the big table in the middle and you see chairs on the left side. I don´t remember deck 12 being that wide. I remember there was only space for the big Chef´s table and not much more. I agree that it looks like you can look through that "wall" next to the small tables on the right side.

We have to wait til March to see how it looks like and maybe until tomorrow to get a definite statement by RCI about the future of the Concierge Lounge.

steamboats

The one I posted is much more recent than yours and it IS deck 12. I thought there was only room for the large table upstairs but upon looking at my old photos there were tables (smaller) and chairs lined up against the railing. The renderings aren't clear but the third row of chairs on the left are either a reflection in the mirror or where a wall has been knocked out. When they redesign rooms they can add walls or remove them wherever they want.

The only thing we agree on is that we will have to wait until March to see the final result.

Maybe those who are using the deck 11 CL in the meantime after it reopens tomorrow will see a little of what has taken place already. The wall up above may already be installed.

Renderings from any time period may not be accurate at all. They sometimes just show examples to give a general idea of what the decor and ambiance may be.

BTW that´s the rendering which is hanging at the entrance of the CL. I can´t judge which of the both is more recent. But actually I doubt they made more than one set. No reason for this.

Anyway have you all seen the new sign Ken posted in his thread? They started to limit D+ to the cocktail hour regarding the suite lounge.

steamboats

Interesting article in the 10/20/14 Travel Weekly magazine about the Oasis changes. The last paragraph.....

"The Concierge Club on Deck 11 has been enlarged to accommodate Wonderland restaurant. Izumi Japanese Cuisine on Deck 16 was eliminated"

I guess we'll find out soon.

I booked a GS on deck 11 of the Oasis (11254) for 8/22/15 sailing. Thought being near the CL and with cabins both above and below being quieter. Now I am seeing or hearing through CC threads that the CL is moving to the Viking lounge, but more importantly the present CL on decks 11 and 12 turning into a restaurant ? Would, could they, do that to the present CL space. Wouldn't like a cabin that close to a commercial venture. Thanks for the input.

My niece and I are sailing date to. We are on Deck 12.