Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

[quote name='Spurschick']Agreed. The DL does not look big enough from the pictures I have seen for D and D+.

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Will be interesting if they allow children to start using DL[/B][/COLOR]. Most D+ members with children like us like to use CL on an evening as children are not allowed in DL. We still can use the suite lounge as generally sail GS or higher, but some may be restricted.

Don't like the thought of having to go up to deck 17 all the time for a quick drink. We purposely selected a cabin near CL for the convenience.[/QUOTE]

Children have been allowed in the DLs for a good part of this year. We have seen them in the DLs on Freedom, Vision and Enchantment during the last three months. And I do mean during the cocktail times. Edited by Tagsalong

[quote name='Dave85']True, they could retain a smaller CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote]

Lots of changes to invetigate when on board.

It is hard to concentrate on work today. :)

[quote name='Dave85']True, they could retain a smaller CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Really, months ago it was already stated that the CL was being removed and moved to the Viking Crown Lounge. Only at that time people seemed to think the DL would be moved there, too. Next, it was said the DL would go to deck 4. No one realized the D+ wouldn't have access to the new CL turned suite lounge. That's the only thing different that I've noticed. And this became obvious as soon as they announce Coastal Kitchen would be in the VCL.

I can't even remember where I first heard the CL was moving but people were definitely discussing the soon to be missed view. Which restaurants were going where and dynamic dining were the more recent developments.

Maybe they just don't tell us all the changes ahead of time because it makes it more exciting. Or they are trying to start CC fights. ;)

Gina

[quote name='Tagsalong']Children have been allowed in the DLs for a good part of this year. We have seen them in the DLs on Freedom, Vision and Enchantment during the last three months. And I do mean during the cocktail times.[/QUOTE]

We've seen the same. But I also saw a ship recently that said no kids allowed in the CL during cocktail hours. I can't remember which ship but I was surprised to see the sign since allowing kids was implemented across the fleet (supposedly) a while back.

[quote name='mommabean']We've seen the same. But I also saw a ship recently that said [COLOR=red]no kids allowed in the CL during cocktail hours[/COLOR]. I can't remember which ship but I was surprised to see the sign since allowing kids was implemented across the fleet (supposedly) a while back.[/quote]

Your comment made me think... no kids won't work on Oasis in relation to Costal Kitchen as many suite cruisers have kids. Pinnacle members do as well. I woiuld also think that since the CL was casual attire then the new suite lounge as well as Coatal Kitchen would be the same. This no concern to me as I love kids, espically my own.

Oh, these are interesting times on the CC boards.;)

[quote name='mommabean']Or they are trying to start CC fights. ;)

Gina[/QUOTE]

I really wonder sometimes if they all get together in a conference room at RCI HQ at times like these, bring in some coffee and donuts, put CC up on a big projector screen and just have a blast laughing at us. Then, only after they've had their fun, they correct the record.

:p

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Here is the current status of the concierge lounge on Oasis - today's message from a passenger....

The old concierge lounge is not usable at the moment... We did us coastal kitchen up on 17 as the suite\pinnacle\Diamond plus lounge... With Dazzles as the overflow... Been off all day on an excursion will get motr details and picks over the next couple sea days

[quote name='Dave85']I really wonder sometimes if they all get together in a conference room at RCI HQ at times like these, bring in some coffee and donuts, put CC up on a big projector screen and just have a blast laughing at us. Then, only after they've had their fun, they correct the record.

[/quote]
Would not surprise me in the least.

[quote name='Dave85']I really wonder sometimes if they all get together in a conference room at RCI HQ at times like these, bring in some coffee and donuts, put CC up on a big projector screen and just have a blast laughing at us. Then, only after they've had their fun, they correct the record.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

LOL....one has to wonder.

Coastal Kichen has on menu availibility for kids menu, on Entrees selection
Makes sense there are going to be kids in suites, so they should get full usage of Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

I know my DD is already planning what she will be eating in there:)
Scallops everyday!!

[URL=http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/grahstacey/media/imagejpg1_zpse0a076bf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/grahstacey/imagejpg1_zpse0a076bf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='clarea']Odd that they would label the space "Concierge Club & Wonderland" on the deck plans. Not that they have ever had any mis-information on the website.[/quote]

[quote name='Spurschick']Not saying you are correct or incorrect, as until becomes live don't think anyone can say with certainty. However based on this official release there is no mention of CL being removed. It clearly states wonderland is replacing chefs table and library area, and that it is these areas that have been removed. The release addresses all areas that are being removed on the ship
[/quote]

My DH is onboard. Yes, those first deckplans simply were wrong. The deckplans onboard don´t show the CL anymore. BTW RCI did now confirm this in [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2114946"]this thread[/URL].

Currently the Library is still open. But it will be consumed by Wonderland. The area is a construction side. DH had a chance to peek in this morning as the doors were open.

steamboats

[quote name='3dog']The flyer also states that it repurposes The Library and The Chef's Table, but not the Concierge Lounge, so it could still be shared space.[/quote]

No, it isn´t.

[quote name='mommabean']The old concierge lounge is not usable at the moment... We did us coastal kitchen up on 17 as the suite\pinnacle\Diamond plus lounge... With Dazzles as the overflow... [/quote]

Yes, currently on the TA Diamond+ are still able to use the new Suite Lounge. But this will be gone as soon as the ship is back in Fort Lauderdale.

Check out the other thread I linked to. It´s clearly stated, that the Suite Lounge is Suite/Pinnacle only. No Diamond+ anymore.

Again, I´m not making up anything. DH is onboard and he has talked to someone of the crew (higher ranks, not just a cabin steward or waiter).

steamboats

[quote name='PompeySailor']Coastal Kichen has on menu availibility for kids menu, on Entrees selection
Makes sense there are going to be kids in suites, so they should get full usage of Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

I know my DD is already planning what she will be eating in there:)
Scallops everyday!!

[URL="http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/grahstacey/media/imagejpg1_zpse0a076bf.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/grahstacey/imagejpg1_zpse0a076bf.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

I am planing too. Is this the same supper for every night of the week or will it change?

Do you know if it is open for embarkation day lunch? Edited by A&L_Ont

[quote name='steamboats']

Yes, currently on the TA Diamond+ are still able to use the new Suite Lounge. But this will be gone as soon as the ship is back in Fort Lauderdale.

Check out the other thread I linked to. It´s clearly stated, that the Suite Lounge is Suite/Pinnacle only. No Diamond+ anymore.

Again, I´m not making up anything. DH is onboard and he has talked to someone of the crew (higher ranks, not just a cabin steward or waiter).

steamboats[/QUOTE]

I know you are correct. Royal Caribbean finally posted something about it on CC, too. Now others realize the truth.

Thanks for the on board updates from your DH.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote]

Pass the paper towels and windex stat. Moniter clean up needed in my office.

[quote name='A&L_Ont']I am planing too. Is this the same supper for every night of the week or will it change?

Do you know if it is open for embarkation day lunch?[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure on if 1 fixed menu, this is the only reliable menu I have been able to refer to as of yet.
As you know items may change and vary over time.
Maybe go the Central Park menu route with 2 weekly menus, would be a nice option.

Have not heard if available for embarkation lunch, let's hope so!

Let us know after you get to use on your upcoming cruise,
Thanks
Graham

Happy Days! Edited by PompeySailor

[quote name='steamboats']My DH is onboard. Yes, those first deckplans simply were wrong. The deckplans onboard don´t show the CL anymore. BTW RCI did now confirm this in [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2114946"]this thread[/URL].

Currently the Library is still open. But it will be consumed by Wonderland. The area is a construction side. DH had a chance to peek in this morning as the doors were open.

steamboats[/QUOTE]

I did see a picture of it stripped down. I wouldn't think of taking that picture and reposting here since a person is in that photograph - especially without their permission. I had just wondered if the ship had tossed anything back in to make it useable as a CL for the crossing. Apparently not.

[quote name='PompeySailor']Not 100% sure on if 1 fixed menu, this is the only reliable menu I have been able to refer to as of yet.
As you know items may change and vary over time.
Maybe go the Central Park menu route with 2 weekly menus, would be a nice option.
Let us know after you get to use on your upcoming cruise,
Thanks
Graham

Happy Days![/quote]

Will do. The good thing is DS is staying home this upcoming cruise so we can investigate the new D+ lounge as well as the suite lounge. The menu seems nice as well as another dining option. I will have my camera ready to point and click where needed.

Perhaps suite guests don't need to be doing dynamic dining, unless they want to.

[quote name='dtbri']Please excuse my inexperience, but, if [COLOR=red]Suites / Pinnacles have the suite lounge and Diamond / D+ have the Diamond Lounge[/COLOR], who would the CL be for?[/quote]

No worries.

The CL used to be for Suite guests in a Grand suite and above, Pinnacle and D+ members. As reported it is now closed on Oasis, thus the change that you asked about. As of now, this change is only for Oasis.

Hope this helps. Someone might explain it better than I can.

[quote name='dtbri']Please excuse my inexperience, but, if Suites / Pinnacles have the suite lounge and Diamond / D+ have the Diamond Lounge, who would the CL be for?[/quote]
The CL on all but Oasis is for Suites/D+/Pinnacle now.

Actually, the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacle too, so even with the Oasis setup, there is some overlap. Edited by clarea