If you could add a feature to a ship, what would you add?

txflood33

Cirque du Soleil, brewery, high-end cigars, golf course, IMAX, botanical garden, lectures, Bobby McFerrin -- WOW! It sounds like New York City, Las Vegas or Orlando afloat! How much are ya'll willing to pay for these cruises?

Oh yeah, it's all tongue-in-cheek...right?

Of course, the time machine and anti-scooter electromagnetic field sound a bit like NASA afloat...

tongue-in-cheek? I nice golf barge would be bast! Now I don't think I'd pay $500 a round like at Pebble Beach but a couple of hundred for a unique experience is not out of order. Follow the golf game with some ship-made craft beer and high-end cigars and you would have the perfect Sea Day!:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

I don't think the 2000 ppl on a ship should have to climb 5 or 6 flights of stairs so a few ppl in Wheelchairs or walkers can have elevators to themselves.. That is nuts.. The ship would be empty.

Elevators are busy on cruise ships for everyone.. not just ppl with wheelchairs.. a little patience helps everybody..

:eek:

I didn't say all elevators. But I stand by my suggestion.

Just a little explanation about MUTS on Princess. On the larger ships, MUTS only affects two pools. The aft and the fore pools are very quiet areas.

And yes many hate the noise of MUTS but it is hugely popular from about 12 to 12. At night if you come at movie time you won't get a seat, you have to come early.

So it is like many of the newer items, it is popular just not with the traditionalists.

I would like more live music of different varieties. Life trivia, live lectures - more lines seem to be using fewer activity and entertainment staff.

We were on cruises a few years ago that had the self service laundry. We could do our own washing and bring items back to our cabin and hang them to dry and not have to use the dryer for clothing that shrinks. We could also do our own ironing in that laundry room. I really miss the self-service laundry.

We were on cruises a few years ago that had the self service laundry. We could do our own washing and bring items back to our cabin and hang them to dry and not have to use the dryer for clothing that shrinks. We could also do our own ironing in that laundry room. I really miss the self-service laundry.

Carnival ships have self service laundries

Princess has self-service laundry rooms too. We've been doing two-week cruises lately so we need this feature. I think some other lines (premium ones too) have them.

Princess has self-service laundry rooms too. We've been doing two-week cruises lately so we need this feature. I think some other lines (premium ones too) have them.

We just book a month long cruise, not sure my sweetie would have agreed without the self-serve laundry.

In reading the article about the Property Brothers cruise, they were asked if they were designing a cruise ship what they would add.

One of them replied that he would put a "lazy river" around the top deck. Now THAT would be awesome! :p

In reading the article about the Property Brothers cruise, they were asked if they were designing a cruise ship what they would add.

One of them replied that he would put a "lazy river" around the top deck. Now THAT would be awesome! :p

Especially if it looks like the lazy rivers at water parks: waterfalls, plants, rocks, bridges, and islands. Combine that with the fountains on Princess and we would be in heaven.

This for sure !!!

We were on Paradise in its early days when it was smoke-free and loved it. I agree with the poster who wants fewer features on ships rather than more. I would love the lazy river though! DH says he misses the topless deck -:D that was done away with when they added water slides and mini-golf courses.

Maybe this sounds silly, but what I like is for the ship to be totally different as possible as the ship I was last on. I like to discover a new ship each time.

Nothing is too silly for this thread. :)

Of course, all you have to do is sail on a different type of ship and different line. Windjammer one time, yacht another, etc. That will give you a variety of cruise ships. The only problem is it would be luxury ships are very expensive, even for weekend getaway cruises.

For a good laugh, I would like to see a Dunk tank on the Lido deck.

Can be lots of fun. At sail away from the ports, it will be reserved for pier runners, as punishment for being late. :D:D

Edited by t_car

I didn't say all elevators. But I stand by my suggestion.

"All elevators" being so reserved was never read into your suggestion. But you proposed one per bank - being 25% - or at least 16%; which would be grossly unfair to the unimpaired. I have never seen even 10% of passengers needing canes, walkers or chairs -- and I sail HAL by preference, where my experience is that most unimpaired are reasonably deferential to the impaired (who do not, by the way, automatically and always rate preferential treatment).

A button that would eject all smokers into the water - hopefully shark infested.

DON

You have my vote. I hate to be a "hater" but why on earth do people smoke? It's extremely detrimental to your health and well being and lets be honest it's disgusting. :mad:

You have my vote. I hate to be a "hater" but why on earth do people smoke? It's extremely detrimental to your health and well being and lets be honest it's disgusting. :mad:

They smoke because they are addicted and they continue to smoke for one (or more) of several reasons: they lack the will power to overcome the habit; they are unaware of the damage it does to their health; they have sufficient disposable income to spend, in many cases, the upwards of $2,500 per year which a pack-a-day habit costs; and they do not particularly care about how offensive their habit is to people around them.

You asked -- just a reasonable reply.

They smoke because they are addicted and they continue to smoke for one (or more) of several reasons: they lack the will power to overcome the habit; they are unaware of the damage it does to their health; they have sufficient disposable income to spend, in many cases, the upwards of $2,500 per year which a pack-a-day habit costs; and they do not particularly care about how offensive their habit is to people around them.

You asked -- just a reasonable reply.[/quote

I dont recall anyone asking why ppl smoke on this thread..

A button that would eject all smokers into the water - hopefully shark infested.

DON

hmmm

and I would eject all the rude non smokers who cant seem to stay out of the smoking areas of the ship into the water..

lol

"All elevators" being so reserved was never read into your suggestion. But you proposed one per bank - being 25% - or at least 16%; which would be grossly unfair to the unimpaired. I have never seen even 10% of passengers needing canes, walkers or chairs -- and I sail HAL by preference, where my experience is that most unimpaired are reasonably deferential to the impaired (who do not, by the way, automatically and always rate preferential treatment).

It is common courtesy to help someone in a wheelchair.. so yes they as you call it they rate that special treatment.. I call it just being decent... But with 2000 passengers on a ship with less than 6 or 8 elevators is impractical to tie one up as handicapped only.. some ppl have other issues that are not so obvous either.. like heart conditions and breathing problems. They cant use stairs either. I use the stairs when going down.. But a person in a wheelchair can't..

You asked -- just a reasonable reply.[/quote

I dont recall anyone asking why ppl smoke on this thread..

It was asked in Post #145 by Kolten: "...but why on earth do people smoke."; as was quoted in my post to which you took exception.