HAL Does Care and Here's Why!

idiebabe

It sounds like she had her technique down pat. Show you lots of shirts, you pick a few, and she puts the others away--with your ipad conveniently tucked into the stack of shirts.

I'm not sure they were stupid. I think they sound brazen. They probably thought you'd write it off as hopeless. So good on you for not giving up. And good on HAL for helping you!

Good cover story.

In the event you realized you did not have the iPad before you left the store, it would have looked so innocent for her to pull out the stack of shirts and be shocked to find she accidentally picked it up with the shirts. Just barely possible enough to be believable.

It sounds like she had her technique down pat. Show you lots of shirts, you pick a few, and she puts the others away--with your ipad conveniently tucked into the stack of shirts.

I'm not sure they were stupid. I think they sound brazen. They probably thought you'd write it off as hopeless. So good on you for not giving up. And good on HAL for helping you!

The stupid part is taking pics of yourself and your "junk". That's not bright.

This restores some of my faith in humanity and the willingness to help. Sometimes I have to wonder if everyone is out only for themselves. The shopkeepers are dishonerable and they, hopefully, learned a very hard lesson and now are out of business.

I would consider sending another email to the priest to let him know that they lied and indicate that there were very unacceptable photos taken on top of it all. End that email with a thank you to him for assisting in your quest.

Thanks for sharing.

Good cover story.

In the event you realized you did not have the iPad before you left the store, it would have looked so innocent for her to pull out the stack of shirts and be shocked to find she accidentally picked it up with the shirts. Just barely possible enough to be believable.

Kathy, that's exactly what happened and agree that she knew exactly what she was doing! After we got back to the Ship and we started going over it all in our minds and also verbally there was something that stood out. She had taken off from the Counter a couple of the Tees and the way she had put them back on the Shelf seemed odd. I thought at that time how careful she was putting them back so not to wrinkle. That must have been when she took it!

Sail, I think you're right! Had we realized it before leaving the Counter she would have a story to cover up what she did! When we returned to the Shop the response was "we never saw it, we know nothing", etc.

It's kind of ironic because I never put it down and normally would have given it to my Husband to hold who was standing next to me. The Gift Shop is small as those who have been there know and the Counter not real wide. My friends were standing behind us. I never thought in a million years that it would be taken by an employee like that! Learned my lesson!

I did mail off a letter to Mr. Kruse! :) I have also bought a bright pink Ipad cover (not a black one that I had) and an Ipad bag that crosses over the body for when I'm in Gift Shops again!

(some text deleted)

I did mail off a letter to Mr. Kruse! :) I have also bought a bright pink Ipad cover (not a black one that I had) and an Ipad bag that crosses over the body for when I'm in Gift Shops again!

I'm sorry you had to go through this, but at least you're prepared for future trips. Many years ago I learned the hard way to be careful with my camera. Now it's either around my neck or in my purse.