Marina dry dock or charter June 2016?

Paulchili

Looking at the schedule for Marina in 2016, she sails from NYC to Lisbon in May 2016. She arrives in Lisbon on 5/28/16 but does not leave Lisbon till 6/7/16. I called Oceania but could not get an answer whether she will be in dry dock or chartered. I am guessing dry dock.

Does anyone know the answer?

TIA

Do you know if this is for routine maintenance or for structural improvements?

Just guessing but usually they are for soft goods.... unless there is something serious that needs to be done

They may replace carpeting or bedding, recover furniture etc..

Hope it is not structural as we are on the crossing in May :(

Edited by LHT28

Just guessing but usually they are for soft goods.... unless there is something serious that needs to be done

They may replace carpeting or bedding, recover furniture etc..

Hope it is not structural as we are on the crossing in May :(

We are also hoping it is not structural; on the crossing too !

BA has a separate class of seating and service for PE. It is different than PE seating on most US carriers where one only receives a seat with more legroom. This makes BA PE typically more expensive than PE seats with other carriers. Unless you specifically ask for BA, my guess is that they will quote a different carrier such as UA or AA for the trip.

BA has a separate class of seating and service for PE. It is different than PE seating on most US carriers where one only receives a seat with more legroom. This makes BA PE typically more expensive than PE seats with other carriers. Unless you specifically ask for BA, my guess is that they will quote a different carrier such as UA or AA for the trip.

Thanks for the information. We definitely do not want just plain extra legroom, we can pay the airline a comparatively small amount if we just want that...we are looking for separate premium economy section such as that which is offered by VA or BA.

That is almost never an option on an Airline Ticket purchased by Oceania, unless you specifically asked for a class of ticket that was upgrade-able, to begin with.

Thanks, Stan and Jim. Perhaps I was not clear enough. What I was talking about when I mentioned paying the airline for more legroom, was not paying for an upgrade, but paying for seats in the coach section with a few extra inches of legroom…economy plus on United or Main cabin extra on AA, for example. Some confuse this with premium economy. I have low level elite status on both United and AA and get that anyway if I am lucky 24 hours before the flight, but for a transatlantic or any flight, I can pay a discounted cost for those seats in advance. Having said all that, what I inquired about was the cost of paying extra to Oceania air to purchase an upgraded ticket in separate premium economy section with slightly bigger seats and level of service, which is offered on BA and Virgin Atl on the London/U.S. East Coast routes, but not on any U.S. carriers.