Wine & Water Take Along

Nymue

my last Oasis Cruise in May I brought a 12 pack of water with me and the porter stuck a tag on it and it was at my door the same time as my luggage :D

ive even seen 24 packs of water sitting by peoples doors. But i did read several times they are more strict during spring break.

I always bring a case of water esp. for the ports they keep it chilled too in the cabin :) Oh and we bring wine for the cabin, usually...dont forget a cork screw

Can't drink the beer as I'm gluten free....

Cork screws they will take and put in the naughty room from the luggage as they consider it a possible weapon. You can always ask the steward for a cork screw. Probably get the one I lost some time ago that ended up in the naughty room.:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Cork screws they will take and put in the naughty room from the luggage as they consider it a possible weapon. You can always ask the steward for a cork screw. Probably get the one I lost some time ago that ended up in the naughty room.:eek::eek::rolleyes:

We've had good luck with corkscrews in checked bags, but they are not the kind with a knife attached.

I always pack a corkscrew that has the foil cutter (knife) in our checked luggage and have never been called to the naughty room.

We are doing a 15 night TA so I was also wondering about wine bought in port. If I picked up a nice bottle or two in France would I have to turn it over?

Anne

If the ship was visiting the Port in France then yes they would hold it for you until your last night of the Cruise.

I guess it depends on the port, but my husband and I have carried on two bottles of wine each at Galveston and Port Everglades with no issues at all. In all cases we were on b2b cruises, so if security had taken two bottles and returned them after the first cruise, we would have still been OK. But that has never been the case. I say try for two each and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

last cruise it took too long for the steward, on first day..bc he wasn't on duty yet. had the glasses and ice so I borrowed a cork screw from someone nearby. They carried it on no problem they said. That's what I hope to do this time.

On my last cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, I carried in 4 bottles of wine (forgot to give my friends in the other cabin their wine to carry in) and no one said a word. Plus I put a luggage tag on a case of water.