Celebrity Constellation...why the bad reviews?

SandiMac

I Love Equinox and S class ships, but took my first M class cruise in April-May this year. Yes, the M class is smaller, no grass area and fewer floors. However, the two primary differences for us enjoying the M class was the inside warm water jettet pool and the music not playing in the atrium, extending to all levels upward in the ship. Instead music played in more cosy areas. I actually found the buffet more manageable - staff on both ships have been terrific.

Food was absolutely terrific on the Connie, and we had the same chef (Gavin) who had been on Equinox with us last November. Yes, they did decrease some activities and only had an activity staff of two (plus the DJ), but there was still lots going on. The Captain was absolutely outstanding and the most visable I have ever seen. He was everywhere and a couple times a day he would be in Cade Al Bacio talking for a long time with all the passengers.

The Connie is not as new, but it has its own unique charm. Enjoyed finding little alcoves and areas where I wouldn't have expected. Heading on another S class next year but would not hesitate to return to the Constellation, especially with that Captain and chef!

Thanks to eveyone for all the positive feedback :D

We certainly hope we come across like minded people on our cruise who have such a fabulously optimistic view.

We are absolutely sure we have chosen the right Cruise Line / Ship and itinerary.

Happy cruising guys;)

There are over 2000 that sail on every cruise. Very few write a review, and those that do often tend to do so because they want to write about something that they weren't happy with. Some issues are worth being upset about but most of the problems are really themselves and they don't want to admit it. They want to blame someone else for the cause of their misery in an effort to console themselves instead of making an effort to realize the real root of their problem. If they would look into a mirror many of their problems would be solved and they would be a lot happier if they weren't so bitter about life. Some people are just negative about everything and want others to be as miserable as they are and nothing will ever please them.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Glad to hear these great reviews about Connie as I will be boarding in Istanbul on Oct 25, Aqua cabin on deck 9.

I love the Reflection and Silhouette but also the Century so am sure I will be happy with Connie too. The Martini Bar is all the entertainment I need, :D:D

There are over 2000 that sail on every cruise. Very few write a review, and those that do often tend to do so because they want to write about something that they weren't happy with. Some issues are worth being upset about but most of the problems are really themselves and they don't want to admit it. They want to blame someone else for the cause of their misery in an effort to console themselves instead of making an effort to realize the real root of their problem. If they would look into a mirror many of their problems would be solved and they would be a lot happier if they weren't so bitter about life. Some people are just negative about everything and want others to be as miserable as they are and nothing will ever please them.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You mean like the discovering that there are no QTips or cotton balls in the bathroom? Is that devastating or what? :D:D:D

Having paid £3347 for a 12 day cruise in a Concierge on Connie in September 2012, I did not expect to find the cabin in this condition:

Balconynarrowend_zpsfe0cf035.jpg

Balconywideend_zpsf3888231.jpg

crackedtile_zpsfe2c66d1.jpg

The worst cabin and crew we have had in 39 cruises. I am sure that a lot of the problem is that a lot of the experienced crew had been transferred to Reflection, crew we talked to were being transferred whilst we were on the cruise.

The cabin, with many other issues really disappointed us, and we have not cruised with Celebrity since. Early this we were planning to book a Cunard suite, but with the new Celebrity cruise perks, we are giving Celebrity another try next year. If the experience does not live up to all the hype, we will be off to Cunard next year!

Edited by Adammara
Reloading photo's

Having paid £3347 for a 12 day cruise in a Concierge on Connie in September 2012, I did not expect to find the cabin in this condition:

Balconynarrowend_zpsfe0cf035.jpg

Balconywideend_zpsf3888231.jpg

crackedtile_zpsfe2c66d1.jpg

The worst cabin and crew we have had in 39 cruises. I am sure that a lot of the problem is that a lot of the experienced crew had been transferred to Reflection, crew we talked to were being transferred whilst we were on the cruise.

The cabin, with many other issues really disappointed us, and we have not cruised with Celebrity since. Early this we were planning to book a Cunard suite, but with the new Celebrity cruise perks, we are giving Celebrity another try next year. If the experience does not live up to all the hype, we will be off to Cunard next year!

That isn't good. However, Connie's been in drydock since 2012, hasn't she? So hopefully most or all of these problems have now been rectified.

In case I missed it, which cabin was this, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, and on return to the UK, and we did receive a future cruise credit, but I would rather of had an experience like we had on our 6 cruises on Eclipse. I knew it was an older ship, but expected better service than we received from some of the staff, a few were excellent, but a lot were new and inexperienced, and it showed.

Cabin was C8102 with a reduced balcony, next to the suites. When they washed the suite windows our balcony had standing water for 2 days!

We met one couple at the Elite happy hour who were so disappointed with the cruise that they were planning to return home at the next port.

Cabin was C8102 with a reduced balcony, next to the suites. When they washed the suite windows our balcony had standing water for 2 days!

We met one couple at the Elite happy hour who were so disappointed with the cruise that they were planning to return home at the next port.

In another post, you said you hadn't cruise Celebrity since this cruise. When was this cruise? Wonder if the ship been in drydock since you had these issues? Edited by NLH Arizona

In another post, you said you hadn't cruise Celebrity since this cruise. When was this cruise? Wonder if the ship been in drydock since you had these issues?

The Constellation was in Dry Dock in May 2010 and again in April 2013 as part of her facelift / refurb "Solsticization"

ADAMMARA cruised on her in September 2012

Cheers!

The Constellation was in Dry Dock in May 2010 and again in April 2013 as part of her facelift / refurb "Solsticization"

ADAMMARA cruised on her in September 2012

Cheers!

Sorry, I missed the part where the OP said the cruise was in 2012 and thanks for the info on the drydock.

What did they do to the Constellation during the 2013 drydock? We were on a TA in 2011 and were very happy.

Looking forward to being even more happy:)

Connie was the first ship that was Solsticized (2010)...

Between then and 2013, Celebrity launched 3 more S-Class Ships (Eclipse - Silhouette - and Reflection) each with more great features

So they brought Connie back in for a second round of Solsticizing

You can read about it here http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/refurb-interiors/celebrity-constellation-gets-another-dose-of-solsticizing.html

As well as on CC's Celebrity Constellation Ship Page

Or Google, there are lots of articles, trip reports, videos etc

Cheers!

Oh we know that cabin #....got stuck with one of those in Summit before it was noted as a reduced size balc..only one person could use it at a time and looks right at the suite next door

what are each of the the pictures showing? Are they all the balcony or the cabin interior?, It looks horrible and like a construction zone

Edited by hcat

My husband and I are travelling on CC in June 2015 From Venice on a 10 night Italy and Croatia cruise.

Is there anyone also travelling on this cruise?

We previously travelled on Celebrity Equinox ex Rome June 2012 and adored every minute of it.

I am a bit concerned about some of the negative reviews I have read regarding the Constellation.

Is there anyone who has travelled on both who can please give us some insight?

We will be booking on CC having travelled Aqua previously.

Fingers crossed for some really positive stuff as the Constellation has been refurbed :-)

Check into the roll call. many things come into play. I like all cruises.

Hcat

Like you, we had no idea it was a reduced balcony, it was not mentioned in the Celebrity UK 2012 brochure. We found out about 4 weeks before sailing, but were told the ship was full and we could not change cabins.

We had originally booked an Eclipse cruise for that time of the year, but when we went to Norway on her in May, we were on one of the 'loud music' and prices slashed after final payment cruises, and changed to Connie, hoping for better things!

First photo is the suite end, the second facing forward and the last one the floor tile in the bathroom.

For anyone booking this cabin, these are the views as they were in 2012 from your balcony! You need to be a limbo dancer to get to the seat next to the suite! I believe that have changed since.

DSC00976_zps68b1c332.jpg

DSC00974_zps69e7e5a8.jpg