Select Drink Package.. Tip included?

phtktz3

When you purchase the drink packages is the gratuity included in the price or is it customary to add a tip for each drink served?

Tips are added when you purchase the package, so there's no need to add tips for each drink.

Hi,

Making my maiden cruise in November on The Independence of the Seas from Southampton.

Havent sorted out my drinks package yet as been told so many different things by so many people so hoping you guys can help.

I like a beer, well several beers, wine with my meals and the occasional spirit and cocktail. Only drink tea with my breakfast so premier teas and coffee's arent needed.

Can you tell me the best drinks package to opt for.

Cheers in advance

Hi,

Making my maiden cruise in November on The Independence of the Seas from Southampton.

Havent sorted out my drinks package yet as been told so many different things by so many people so hoping you guys can help.

I like a beer, well several beers, wine with my meals and the occasional spirit and cocktail. Only drink tea with my breakfast so premier teas and coffee's arent needed.

Cheers in advance

Select package may work for you as it's mainly wine and beers, and then you can just pay for the few occasional spirits. Otherwise, Premium is the one you want. For the Select, as the beer selection is more limited, you may end up upgrading to the Premium after a day or so anyways.

This is, of course, dependent on how much is "several beers", how much wine, whether the ones you like are on the drink list, etc. You can always wait till you board, and have a look at what is included and what is not before you make any decision whether to buy a package or not. Lots and lots and lots of people don't buy a package at all as they don't suit their drinking habits, whether they don't drink enough or whether the packages don't cover what they do drink. You can buy the package onboard (same price as online) anytime onboard up until the last 4 nights.

Enjoy your sailing.

Hi,

Cheers in advance

People seem to have gotten the impression that they "must" or "should" buy a package, and that their only choice is "which one?"

In fact, for most people, buying what you want when you want it is a better financial decision.

The Select Package includes only soda (limited selection on the Independence), beer, wine by the glass and non-alcoholic cocktails. You also get a 20% discount on bottles of wine.

Do you think that you will spend more than £350 during the two weeks of your cruise on just those items? You mentioned SPIRITS. The package does NOT include spirits, so you would be paying for those separately anyway.

If you think so, then buy the package.

If not, then just pay-as-you-go.

But have a great crossing!

:)

They say gratuity is added but does it go to the servers? I really wonder. I plan on bringing a bunch of $1's and tipping just in case. I would never want to shortchange the servers.

This has been a point of contention here on this forum. I'm not sure there's been a definitive answer about how tips from the drink packages are distribuited.

They say gratuity is added but does it go to the servers? I really wonder. I plan on bringing a bunch of $1's and tipping just in case. I would never want to shortchange the servers.

Just off the Enchantment and had the premium package. I still added 1 - 2 dollars on the slip for every drink ordered.

Just off the Enchantment and had the premium package. I still added 1 - 2 dollars on the slip for every drink ordered.

That was your personal choice, but to answer the OP's question the gratuity is already included when you buy the package.